Mixing Gatorade with pre workout?

ForceOfNature

Awards
Hey guys. I been taking angel dust v2 for a little over a week. I'm loving it but the taste is getting a bit dull and light. So my question is will the effects of the pre workout be altered if I mix it with 8-10oz of Gatorade instead of water?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hey guys. I been taking angel dust v2 for a little over a week. I'm loving it but the taste is getting a bit dull and light. So my question is will the effects of the pre workout be altered if I mix it with 8-10oz of Gatorade instead of water?
The formula + ingredients from the pre-workout will work the same if you mix in water or in gatorade.

for the Gatorade and pre-workout the only difference would be:
a weird mix of flavors (depending on flavor of pre-workout + Flavor of gatorade)
additional carbs (if you have some extra kcals to spare)
increased recovery and endurance with additional carbs peri-workout

ForceOfNature

Awards
The formula + ingredients from the pre-workout will work the same if you mix in water or in gatorade.

for the Gatorade and pre-workout the only difference would be:
a weird mix of flavors (depending on flavor of pre-workout + Flavor of gatorade)
additional carbs (if you have some extra kcals to spare)
increased recovery and endurance with additional carbs peri-workout
Thanks man and I'm mixing cool blue Gatorade with blue sky angel dust v2. I'm a Gatorade fiend lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks man and I'm mixing cool blue Gatorade with blue sky angel dust v2. I'm a Gatorade fiend lol
If the added carbs are easy to fit into your calories, and do not harm you and your goal thats perfectly fine then. No reason not to mix both if the flavors compliment each other and make it bearable to take a pre-workout and use it up. Better than tossing it

ForceOfNature

Awards
If the added carbs are easy to fit into your calories, and do not harm you and your goal thats perfectly fine then. No reason not to mix both if the flavors compliment each other and make it bearable to take a pre-workout and use it up. Better than tossing it
Yeah, the flavour is int unbearable. It's actually quite smooth but I get tired pretty fast of tasting the same thing over and over. As time goes on, it's as if my taste buds amplify the chemical taste. The pre workout has to taste pretty damn good for me to not be choking it down every time by the end of the 2nd week lol. Only happens with pre workout though which I find weird

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It will work either way. I've used Powerade Zero in the past and I know others on here have used products like MiO to help with flavor.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Exactly what everyone else has said, it won't affect your pre-workout other than taste. I sometimes use similar flavors to add to my pre-workouts.

The only thing with the Gatorade to be careful of, is the amount of sugar in the powdered Gatorade. I usually use the squeezable sugar free liquid sweeteners.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Mixing with Gatorade will give you hops

ahawk01

ahawk01

Banned
Awards
I like Gatorade pre workout for the carbs. Helps fuel workout. Works well with agmatine which should act as a gda. I believe.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
It will work either way. I've used Powerade Zero in the past and I know others on here have used products like MiO to help with flavor.
Same here. Mios are awesome to add in pwo or even my intra workout drink.

ForceOfNature

Awards
Thanks guys! My Gatorade addiction just got 10x better. 

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I'm a big fan of powerade zero in my intra drinks that have bad flavoring

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm a big fan of powerade zero in my intra drinks that have bad flavoring
Yeah buddy! Powerade Zero rocks and goes well with any intra/pre-workout
just compliment the flavor.
easy way to knock back 1/4th-1/2 gallon in no time.

Warthog13

Awards
Let me join the chorus of the others that use Powerade Zero with supps. That way, I'm not adding calories and carbs.

I use the red, light blue (berry), and grape for various supplements. Helps to make the less enjoyable flavors more palatable.

In addition, I try to get the 20 oz bottles and use them as my shaker/mix bottle since the Powerade bottle have pretty wide mouths.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
I find that Gatorade is the only thing that makes CycloCreation from HiTech taste good..the powder by itself is a little tart

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Max Out from Iforce has electrolytes !! :)

Hydraplex™: 175mg *
Potassium Phosphate, Sodium Phosphate, Magnesium Phosphate