How many aminos is to much???

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Is it possible to take in to many aminos? I drink a **** ton of water and use extend to flavor it. I normally have close to 2 gallons of water with a total of 4 scoops of Xtend, so 28g of aminos. Plus right now I am taking another 4 scoops, 10g aminos, of amino energy because I am a few days out from my show and exhausted. So close to 40g aminos a day right now?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Thirteen-week oral toxicity study of branched-chain amino acids in rats.
Tsubuku S1, Hatayama K, Katsumata T, Nishimura N, Mawatari K, Smriga M, Kimura T.
Author information
Abstract
Branched-chain amino acids (L-isoleucine, L-valine, and L-leucine) are being increasingly used in sport supplements. This study evaluated toxicological and behavioral effects of L-isoleucine (Ile), L-valine (Val), and L-leucine (Leu) during a dosing study with male and female Sprague-Dawley rats. The amino acids were incorporated into a standard diet at doses equal to 1.25%, 2.5%, and 5.0% (w/w). A control group of rats received a standard diet. All diets were administered ad libitum for 13 consecutive weeks. To examine stability of any potential effects, the administration period was followed by a 5-week recovery period, during which only the standard diet was provided to all animals. No significant, dose-related effects on body weight were found in rats fed a Leu- and Ile-supplemented diet. Val mixed into a diet at 5.0% (w/w) decreased slightly, but significantly body weight gain in females, but not males. Ile (5.0% w/w) affected the urine electrolytes, protein, ketone bodies, urine glucose, and urobilinogen in both genders, yet the observed changes remained mostly within the range observed in controls. The random findings in hepatology and ophthalmology at the 13-week sacrifice were not considered toxicologically relevant to effects of the tested amino acids. No significant changes in organ weights were recorded. We estimate the no-observed-adverse-effect level (NOAEL) for Ile at 2.5% for both genders (male, 1.565 +/- 0.060 g/kg/day; females, 1.646 +/- 0.095 g/kg/day), Val at 5.0% for males (3.225 +/- 0.135 g/kg/day) and 2.5% for females (1.853 +/- 0.060 g/kg/day), and Leu at 5.0% for both genders (males, 3.333 +/- 0.101 g/kg/day: females, 3.835 +/- 0.257 g/kg/day).

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I think you are probably okay, although lemon juice in your water would do well and help alkalize your body which might be better for you.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man for the info.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sipping on aminos all day is pointless. If you need to flavor your water, use water enhancers. Aminos are best pre training when fasted or in between meals that are 4-6 hours apart.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Is it possible to take in to many aminos? I drink a **** ton of water and use extend to flavor it. I normally have close to 2 gallons of water with a total of 4 scoops of Xtend, so 28g of aminos. Plus right now I am taking another 4 scoops, 10g aminos, of amino energy because I am a few days out from my show and exhausted. So close to 40g aminos a day right now?
You're fine, but that is an expensive tool to use as flavouring

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Haha. I manage a gym that sells supplements so I get a tub for like $17 ;)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Sipping on aminos all day is pointless. If you need to flavor your water, use water enhancers. Aminos are best pre training when fasted or in between meals that are 4-6 hours apart.
I agree. I like the flavoring and as I said I get them cheap. Plus I'm very depleted right now so the extras won't hurt ;)

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree. I like the flavoring and as I said I get them cheap. Plus I'm very depleted right now so the extras won't hurt ;)
Doesn't benefit either ...

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It can do more harm than good. If you sip aminos all day you never let your body go into a refraction art period and then basically you have to sell your soul to Cthulu to get big bro.

Don't sell your soul to Cthulu to get big. Drop Aminos.

No DirectTv infringement intended

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Doesn't benefit either ...
This...

Mr Cooper said this before about sipping Amino's all day.

"Don't fall for the "it's a great replacement for sugary drinks" argument. BCAAs are 6 calories per gram, and when sipped in an all day fashion, contribute heavily to both an insulin response and gluconeogenesis. Sipping on BCAA’s takes away from MPS (Muscle Protein Synthesis) as levels never get a chance to reach refractory stages before being spiked again The net effect is increased insulin and blood sugar. So when you sip on BCAAs instead of sugary drinks...you replace blood sugar with insulin."

not to mention if you drink a lot of "Xtend" you think you would spell it right :)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ haha thats what I was thinking.

But I usually just throw a scoop of aminos in my pwo and thats about it. When I'm on a cut I will use them inbetween meals as well.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
This...

Mr Cooper said this before about sipping Amino's all day.

"Don't fall for the "it's a great replacement for sugary drinks" argument. BCAAs are 6 calories per gram, and when sipped in an all day fashion, contribute heavily to both an insulin response and gluconeogenesis. Sipping on BCAA’s takes away from MPS (Muscle Protein Synthesis) as levels never get a chance to reach refractory stages before being spiked again The net effect is increased insulin and blood sugar. So when you sip on BCAAs instead of sugary drinks...you replace blood sugar with insulin."

not to mention if you drink a lot of "Xtend" you think you would spell it right :)
Smart ass I did spell it right and that makes since. I just recently started sipping on it throughout the day because I've only been manager there for a month (not been using that long) but since I stated I was curious of the effects which is why I started this thread.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Smart ass I did spell it right and that makes since. I just recently started sipping on it throughout the day because I've only been manager there for a month (not been using that long) but since I stated I was curious of the effects which is why I started this thread.
Smart ass huh?
I see cutting got the worst of you :)

Is it possible to take in to many aminos? I drink a **** ton of water and use extend to flavor it.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Technically he did spell extend correctly. Just not the product Xtend.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Smart ass huh?
I see cutting got the worst of you :)
Lol. The second time in the post I spelled it right ;) so your a half a smart ass. And yes, cutting sucks haha. 4 more days though.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Technically he did spell extend correctly. Just not the product Xtend.
so he uses "Extend" to flavor water which is not the product "Xtend" which he was referencing :)

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
so he uses "Extend" to flavor water which is not the product "Xtend" which he was referencing :)
No I use "extend" for other reasons, I use Xtend to flavor my water lol....... Goodnight all. The pillow is calling my name...

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, you need some down time on the aminos to get a spike in protein synthesis. I ingest them quickly when I take them to take advantage of the insulin spike and protein synthesis aspect. However I assumed you meant will there be anything toxic by doing it all day.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, you need some down time on the aminos to get a spike in protein synthesis. I ingest them quickly when I take them to take advantage of the insulin spike and protein synthesis aspect. However I assumed you meant will there be anything toxic by doing it all day.

Yes, I was just curios if you could take in to many in a day. Since there is knowledge in this thread. We eat whole foods/meats through out the day, so we are getting a constant supply of aminos anyway, correct? So is there that much difference?

MrKleen73

MrKleen73

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
In all honesty any time there is a sudden influx there is increased PS. However the increase is smaller when you have constantly stable levels. However it has also been proven the nitrogen retention and levels remain higher during when using things like casein which has a 7 hour digestion rate. So during a time of growth it is not optimal to use high levels of casein, or sipping on aminos all day. However when you are cutting and and not trying to grow then increased nitrogen retention is a more prudent goal in maintaining your muscle mass.

There at tons of pieces to the puzzle and all of them have to be looked at when answering the question above. Is sipping Xtend throughout the day likely to mess with your insulin levels in any major fashion, probably not if you are sipping and not putting a ridiculous amount in your gallon of water. The balance will still be toward glucagon over insulin. So fat loss would still occur, which is obvious that it has by your recent pictures. Are you hurting your progress in any way by retaining higher nitrogen levels when you are not trying to grow but maintain muscle mass? No.

Should you be taking the Xtend during your peak week, in my opinion that is a resounding no. If you are doing water manipulation the electrolytes in it will throw the process off unless your coach / brother is completely aware of it and plans on it being a part of your peak week.

Other than that like I said a little lemon juice would help alkalize your body which is healthy for so many reasons including allowing for more anabolic processes, and detoxification. All in all though during peak week when drinking water it should only be water and distilled if you are doing water manipulation.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The way I see it is that its nothing more than an expensive flavouring system that is higher in calories than sugar flavouring systems lol

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The way I see it is that its nothing more than an expensive flavouring system that is higher in calories than sugar flavouring systems lol
Damn expensive. thats for sure. You could buy Crystal light and it would probably be less calories and 1/4th the price.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Damn expensive. thats for sure. You could buy Crystal light and it would probably be less calories and 1/4th the price.
I get the idea that it is expensive guys. The money part is not a concern. The reason I posted this was to see if it was an issue sipping on them through the day, not if everyone thought it would cost to much :facepalm:

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I get the idea that it is expensive guys. The money part is not a concern. The reason I posted this was to see if it was an issue sipping on them through the day, not if everyone thought it would cost to much :facepalm:
and the answer still is no, even if the consumer (not you specifically) had to pay to sip on aminos all day.

Ari Gold

Ari Gold

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
At least he's not using ExtenZe to flavor the water. I wouldn't want to go to the gym he manages and have him walking around with a woody all day.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
At least he's not using ExtenZe to flavor the water. I wouldn't want to go to the gym he manages and have him walking around with a woody all day.
Unless he has a private room for girls who like to bend over in yoga pants.

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
not only that, but one must also consider that the artifical sweeteners and chemicals in the 'other ingredients' in xtend and in practially all these training supplement powders can harm the gi tract, leading to digestive issues down the line especially in sensitive individuals.

in my case i cannot handle them at all and am stuck with a schit ton of expensive fancy powders that i cannot use. grape bubble gum, watermelon splash ...LOL

but even for people who can handle them at recommended doses, ODing on them might lead to unpleasant surprises.

Au de toilet double rich chocolate anyone?

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
not only that, but one must also consider that the artifical sweeteners and chemicals in the 'other ingredients' in xtend and in practially all these training supplement powders can harm the gi tract, leading to digestive issues down the line especially in sensitive individuals.

in my case i cannot handle them at all and am stuck with a schit ton of expensive fancy powders that i cannot use. grape bubble gum, watermelon splash ...LOL

but even for people who can handle them at recommended doses, ODing on them might lead to unpleasant surprises.

Au de toilet double rich chocolate anyone?
Thank you . It is responses like this that I was after ;)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the clarification :facepalm:

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established