NYPD preemployment question

Chris199422

Awards
I trust this site more than yahooanswers to get solutions to my questions.. Does anyone know what the NYPD will drug test me for before i go into the academy? I have been of the juice for 5 months

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Part of an interview for my buddy with PD in NC they asked him about that stuff on a lie detector test.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
IMHO if you consider yourself a candidate for, or are already accepted to, the NYPD police academy then in no way would or should you be posting something like this online on a public forum. TIFWIW

topcop8p8

topcop8p8

Awards
Part of an interview for my buddy with PD in NC they asked him about that stuff on a lie detector test.
This is similar to my pre employment. When they gave me a drug test, they only tested for recreational drugs. But they did ask about any illegal substances for the polygraph

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea usually a pre employment test is more for the other drugs. I think you would be fine but idk.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
They will test you for drugs like cocaine and marijuana. They will ask you about steroids on the lie detector. My advice, honesty is your best option. You won't beat the lie detector and if you try to lie you will be deferred for life. Honesty is a core value.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
They will test you for drugs like cocaine and marijuana. They will ask you about steroids on the lie detector. My advice, honesty is your best option. You won't beat the lie detector and if you try to lie you will be deferred for life. Honesty is a core value.
Telling the truth can also defer you for life. Seen it happen. Believe it or not integrity is still a prerequisite to the career.

The monk60

The monk60

Awards
I only had to take one and it was only for a two-bit job back in the day. I straight up told them everything and being a teen in the 70s it was everything. They hired me and told me I was the most truthful person they had tested.
Honesty is the best policy.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lie detectors monitor changes in stimuli. They can be beaten as easy as they can give false positives.

But I agree, be honest.