Adding the lost muscle back - MK-677?

Chevymetal

Chevymetal

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I'll try to keep this as short as possible:

- Been lifting for over 20yrs.

- Consistently for the past 12yrs

- Experimented with many forms of lifting over the years - strength training, power lifting, and bodybuilding

- Body responds well to strength style training (5x5 for example) but over the past 5yrs my joints and back have taken a beating so I've had to resort to more of a hybrid strength/bodybuilding routine

- During this time my lift numbers have really dropped (ex. max squat was 465lbs a few years back but now I rarely go heavier than 265lbs.)
- My body weight has dropped accordingly from my max of 214lbs. @ 16% bf down to 203 lbs. @ 14% currently

- I'd like to get back up to around 212-214lbs. and for me this has required heavier lifting (along with tracking my food intake)

Years ago when I had hit a plateau I ran 8 weeks of Iforce Bold 200 (boldenone) and responded well by adding 8lbs. (fat and muscle). So I'm looking for a similar boost.

After some research I ordered two bottles of Olympus Labs Ghar1ne (MK-677) since it seems to have very mild sides. So I thought I'd start there.

Any other suggestions? Maybe stacking this peptide with something else like a mild SARM?

Chevymetal

Chevymetal

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the link.
I have been through it as it was one of the threads that led me to buying Ghar1ine.

I'll have to look through it again because I don't remember much talk about stacking other than a couple people mentioned Huperzine-A if I remember correctly.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
An osta/mk677 stack could really help those joints out, that's what I would run if I was in your position

jake1986

Awards
I'm doing mk-677 and LGD-4033. My weight went up fast after being on Mk for only a few days. I dont understand it but I look really good. People are asking me left and right "wth are you taking?". BUT, I've also been taking lgd for 12+ weeks but I was at a stand still until I started the Mk. I look really round and full and even stronger...which I don't think Mk's supposed to do, but idk. I'm new to sarms. Maybe the Mk amplified the lgd

Chevymetal

Chevymetal

Awards
  • First Up Vote
An osta/mk677 stack could really help those joints out, that's what I would run if I was in your position
Thanks for the suggestion.

In your experience do you think running an AI with Osta is necessary?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm doing mk-677 and LGD-4033. My weight went up fast after being on Mk for only a few days. I dont understand it but I look really good. People are asking me left and right "wth are you taking?". BUT, I've also been taking lgd for 12+ weeks but I was at a stand still until I started the Mk. I look really round and full and even stronger...which I don't think Mk's supposed to do, but idk. I'm new to sarms. Maybe the Mk amplified the lgd
Gharine or mk677 is a growth hormone secretagogue, it increases growth hormone by inducing the release of ghrelin in the stomach. Maybe you should read up on what you're taking:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/steroids/270011-sarms-mk-gw.html

Chevymetal

Chevymetal

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a good stack.
For me the addition of LGD-4033 wouldn't be an option as it requires a serm such as Clomid.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the suggestion.

In your experience do you think running an AI with Osta is necessary?
For most people an ai is not necessary but I always reccomend having exemestane on hand in case of any high estrogen sides. More estrogen = more comfortable joints so I would not use any kind of ai unless absolutely necessary.

Chevymetal

Chevymetal

Awards
  • First Up Vote
For most people an ai is not necessary but I always reccomend having exemestane on hand in case of any high estrogen sides. More estrogen = more comfortable joints so I would not use any kind of ai unless absolutely necessary.
Thanks Yates. Glad to hear that as AI's tend to give me joint issues.
However, I have a couple of bottles of Erase Pro left over from old order in case something comes up.

jake1986

Awards
Yeah, I mean I get mad hungry after taking it. So, are you saying that's why my weights went up all the sudden?

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah, I mean I get mad hungry after taking it. So, are you saying that's why my weights went up all the sudden?
It definitely could have contributed to your new found gains. Mk hunger allows a lot of guys to pack a bunch of extra calories into your diet and the improved sleep helps recovery as well.

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds like a good stack.
For me the addition of LGD-4033 wouldn't be an option as it requires a serm such as Clomid.
Fyi you should have clomid in your pct for osta as well. Sarms are suppressive and a serm is your best bet for full recovery.

Chevymetal

Chevymetal

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Fyi you should have clomid in your pct for osta as well. Sarms are suppressive and a serm is your best bet for full recovery.
If that's the case then it might be best to just start with the MK-677 and see how that goes solo.
Thanks again for the input.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the link.
I have been through it as it was one of the threads that led me to buying Ghar1ine.

I'll have to look through it again because I don't remember much talk about stacking other than a couple people mentioned Huperzine-A if I remember correctly.
You dont actually need Huperzine A because MK677 will not increase Somatostatin (GH inhibitor).

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Btw, this is something I wrote in a Ghar1ine thread :

It is very different how people respond to this compound but here is some tips:

-increased GH leads to increased sodium and water-retention. Make sure the sodium intake is at minimum !
Potassium could help and for those with horrible water-retention, ibuprofen (3×400mg daily) can actually help a lot.(according to a study). But ibuprofen should be used in worst cases because Cox inhibitors are decreasing beneficial anabolic prostaglandin actions which can lower muscle protein synthesis.

-Ghrelin mimetic/synthetic ghrelin analogues increase or works like ghrelin (hunger hormone). Appetite-increase is normal and that is a huge bonus. Easier to throw in more healthy/clean food.

-increased GH does increase REM sleep. Many users are reporting better sleep on MK677 and there is a study showing REM sleep increase (50%).

- Increased Lethargy is pretty normal when GH levels are increased. It can be due to lower insulin sensitivity / insulin resistance (higher bloodsugar levels makes you more tired/lethargic). A good diet could do the trick. Remember, there is a study showing Mk677 lower insulin sensitivity 2 first months and then it stabilizes (goes back to normal).
Increased GH can have negative impact on the thyroid function, and can cause lethargy. I am not saying it would be good idea to play with T4 or a combo of T3 and T4. (Hypothyroidism is more normal with higher doses of HGH).
Some people are feeling better when they dose MK677 prior bedtime than in the morning.

-hand numbness.
"MK677 is increasing growth hormone and it has the ability to increase muscle and tissue mass, it frequently causes compression of the nerves. The most common nerve compression syndrome induced by growth hormone is the carpal tunnel syndrome. The major nerve in the hand (median nerve) which travels down the arm is squeezed between the fibrous bands and the muscles in the hand. This painful condition causes tingling, numbness and weakness of the fingers and the hand.
however, it is mediated via impact of GH on peripheral fluid retention around the applicable nerves. (GH affects fluid retention via RAAS and ENaC mechanisms).
Lowering the dose could do the trick

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The water retention and lethargy are to much for me with mk677.

Mike

Chevymetal

Chevymetal

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the great info Danes.
I'm hopefully starting this on Saturday so we'll see how it goes.

jake1986

Awards
It definitely could have contributed to your new found gains. Mk hunger allows a lot of guys to pack a bunch of extra calories into your diet and the improved sleep helps recovery as well.

I'm thinkin now that its the water retention. Also, great info Danes! Thanks !

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 1
brandlife Anabolics 27
Anabolics 8
Porky101 Bulking 10
Anabolics 4