favorite nootropics?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what are your favorite nootropics? why?

I'm a big fan of ALCAR, but want to start branching out a bit more. what do you use that you love?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
ALCAR + Citicoline is good.

Caffeine + Theanine.

Bacopa (has solid data in healthy humans)

Focus XT.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to supplement a **** ton of noots. Now I'm too lazy so just take Focus XT and sometimes Noopept or ALCAR solo. You should def. try Noopept.

I also start take Bacopa starting 6 weeks before finals.

Lucianooo

Lucianooo

Awards
  • Established
Definetly Noopept.....great focus and memory enhancer...i also like Alpha GPC+Citicoline combo

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I used to supplement a **** ton of noots. Now I'm too lazy so just take Focus XT and sometimes Noopept or ALCAR solo. You should def. try Noopept.

Yeah, Bacopa effects are more cumulative versus acute. Almost like ALCAR, in my experience.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
ALCAR + Citicoline is good.

Caffeine + Theanine.

Bacopa (has solid data in healthy humans)

Focus XT.
I like this,
And I would add in ashwaghanda just because it is so good to my body and mood as well

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I like this,
And I would add in ashwaghanda just because it is so good to my body and mood as well
Agreed 100%. Not sure I'd classify it as a nootropic (although it seems to certainly indirectly improve cognition in my experience), but it's maybe my favorite standalone ingredient. So many benefits. KSM-66 ftw.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Agreed 100%. Not sure I'd classify it as a nootropic (although it seems to certainly indirectly improve cognition in my experience), but it's maybe my favorite standalone ingredient. So many benefits. KSM-66 ftw.
I know it's not a noot but it gives me such wide benefits I love it in stacks like this.

And I won't need bulk anymore with new Erase pro, starting soon :)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
what are your favorite nootropics? why?

I'm a big fan of ALCAR, but want to start branching out a bit more. what do you use that you love?
Citicholine
CDP-Choline
general choline source
Caffeine + Theanine
Huperzine
Racetams
Noopept
Modafinal

I love them all. Certain noots for certain occasions, as not all fit the same bill

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try Picamilon by SNS at closeout pricing from NV - grab some before its gone for good! See the supplement deals section ;)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, Bacopa effects are more cumulative versus acute. Almost like ALCAR, in my experience.
I love a good mix of nootropics that have mostly acute benefits and others that have more cumulative benefits. With that said, there is some (conflicting) research showing that bacopa has an acute nootropic effect, but it shines with regular daily use for sure.

Here's my favorite nootropics:
-Caffeine + Theanine + Ornithine (synergistic, researched, cheap, and effective base for acute energy, focus, and mood)
-ALCAR (reduces mental fatigue, helps with cognition)
-CDP-Choline (improves focus)
-Bacopa (improves memory with daily use, and perhaps acutely as well)
-Ashwagandha (adaptogen) (reduces stress an anxiety, hormonal benefits; better quality of life really)
-Rhodiola (adaptogen) (reduced fatigue and improved cognition when fatigue would otherwise impair cognition)
-Schisandra (adaptogen) (another nice adaptogen with some cognitive benefits)
-Huperzine-A (memory benefits)
-Piracetam (the only racetam I've seen with multiple studies showing cogntive benefits in healthy non-elderly humans)
>(piracetam is my daily racetam, but for some reason, I've found that Noopept makes me really want to clean and organize things, so I use it accordingly on occasion)

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Of course you might consider it biased, but Noopept XT by SNS is great.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Aniracetam
Phenylpiractem
Modfinil
l-tyrosine

and my new favorite- Armodafinil. Like Modafinil, except stronger.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Aniracetam
Phenylpiractem
Modfinil
l-tyrosine

and my new favorite- Armodafinil. Like Modafinil, except stronger.
Is armodafinil a regulated drug like moda?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Its not a racetam - it doesnt share the racetam backbone
What is your opinion on stacking Noopept with a racetam? I've been tending to do one or the other (2.4g piracetam 1-2x daily or 20mg Noopept daily).

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Noopept and cotton candy FXT FTW! It has basically gotten me through all of my undergrad

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
What is your opinion on stacking Noopept with a racetam? I've been tending to do one or the other (2.4g piracetam 1-2x daily or 20mg Noopept daily).
I have stacked it with phenyl before and that was a good combo. Seems to potentiate the learning quite well

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have stacked it with phenyl before and that was a good combo. Seems to potentiate the learning quite well
Interesting. Thanks.

How would you dose the two together (piracetam + Noopept), or would you not? I ask after reading the following study that stated:
The results indicate that a single dose of piracetam dose-dependently affects the spontaneous EEG in normal volunteers, showing effects at the lowest treatment level. The decreased EEG complexity is interpreted as increased cooperativity of brain functional processes.
In sum, single dose Piracetam treatment compared with placebo lowered the global dimensionality or complexity of the brain electric activity as measured with the two independent and basically different methods during the resting condition. Global Dimensional Complexity demonstrated a
clearly dose-dependent decrease, resulting in a Uor V-shaped, non-monotonic curve with a signifi-cant minimum at 2.4 g Fig. 1 .
The present finding of significantly reduced, minimal Global Dimensional Complexity values at 2.4 g and a significant upturn at 9.6 g mirrors the
results of the earlier ERP study with their similar U-shaped curve. We note that a dose-dependency is clearly established in these results in our normal volunteers.
In Lehmann et al. 1993 , we speculated that Ž .the U-shaped dose-response curve might be due to the fact that a moderate dose of piracetam
leads to an optimal coherence of brain functions, allowing best cognitive performance. Higher doses might lead to an over-excitation which actually
decreases performance.
Is this potentially an issue, where taking a normal (2.4g) dose of piracetam with 10-20mg Noopept would result in the same loss of benefits as higher (4.8-9.6g) doses of piracetam?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everyone seems to love Noopept, I can't wait to start taking it!
I just ordered noopept spray (nasal). I've tried oral/sublingual and didn't get much if anything from it.

Going to take

Noopept + huperzine a for two months and see where that takes me

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

My finals are in 6 weeks. What is this Bacopa you speak of?!?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My finals are in 6 weeks. What is this Bacopa you speak of?!?
An Ayurvedic herb with a good bit of research showing that it can improve learning and memory, as well as reduce anxiety in healthy people.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I found bacopa to be the least effective adaptogen taken by itself. It seemed to potentiate the effects of the rhodiola/ashwagandha stack, but I can't be certain. I ended up dropping it awhile ago and it made little difference. I prefer not to wait 4+ weeks to notice effects of a supplement, which is right about the length of time that it takes.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I just ordered noopept spray (nasal). I've tried oral/sublingual and didn't get much if anything from it.

Going to take

Noopept + huperzine a for two months and see where that takes me
I don't respond to oral Noopept either. Sublingual Noopept at 20mg treats me well though.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't respond to oral Noopept either. Sublingual Noopept at 20mg treats me well though.
Have you tried nasal Noopept?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Have you tried nasal Noopept?
Nah and I don't think I will because the sublingual option seems to work for me. I have heard others on my Noot forum speak highly of the nasal version though.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I seem to get benefit from the oral just fine. It does take a while (week or two) to truly notice the effects, IMO.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
An Ayurvedic herb with a good bit of research showing that it can improve learning and memory, as well as reduce anxiety in healthy people.

Interesting

What's the dosing protocol like?

And kisaj I have Ashwaganda being delivered today so

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting

What's the dosing protocol like?

And kisaj I have Ashwaganda being delivered today so
Studies typically use 300mg of a 55% basocide extract daily. This is often split into 2 doses, although lately I've been taking it as a single dose, since one study found that 320mg of a 55% bacoside extract had some acute nootropic and adaptogenic effects (but a different study found that 300mg of a 55% extract didn't). I'd base your dose on the bacoside content, so 165mg bacosides, taken either once daily, or split into two doses daily.

storm 011

storm 011

Awards
  • Established
Noopept, general choline source, uridine and tyrosin as dopaminergic