AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, this is not your weekly which non stim pre workout is best thread. Sorry to disappoint with that. I was just curious how people prefer to have their non stim pre workout supplement, if you use one.

Do you only take it while taking a stim break?
Use it in conjunction with your normal pre workout?
Only use it if your normal pre workout is a high stim with no pump ingredients?
Other?

superseyler

superseyler

Awards
Personally, I drink some coffee throughout the day, not in my pre. I make my own pre consisting of: BCAAs, citrulline, creatine, betaine, taurine and beta-alanine. That could jus be me though..

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
I take 4000mg of L-Citrulline, which alone gives me a fantastic pump.

I used to take stim based pre-workouts (ephedra, DMAA, etc) along with my stim-free. However, they became more of a crutch rather than a "boost" after some time.

IMO stim-free is the way to go. If you cannot bring yourself to workout without stims, chances are your diet isn't in check.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I like to have all of my performance supplements in the morning tbh. The pre workout in using right now is like 80% caffeine. I feel like I'll probably be doing this way for a while since I've been seeing my lifts go up from using all of my non-stim supplements in the AM and basically only using caffeine pre workout

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've never run a non stim solo. I just like stims too much I guess ;)

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I've never run a non stim solo. I just like stims too much I guess ;)
I'm the same with you on this one. I just plain like stims. I have taken a few non stim before but they just didn't cut the mustard for myself.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I have a couple different stim only products (although some are advertised a PreWO's but they are primarily just stimulants/Noots) that I like so I prefer to have a non-stim PreWO product on hand to add to them.

HandsomeHans

Awards
I use it in conjunction with a preworkout. Well, Alphamine isn't really considered a preworkout I guess, but two scoops of Alphamine and two scoops of High Volume make me slay weights in the gym like nobody's business!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Either stacked with a burner or solo during a stim break, typically.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I use a non stim pre either in conjuction with my stim pre(not very often) or when I am on a cycle that raises bp and dont use stims or when I train late in the afternoon

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I like a non stim pwo for my evening Insanity classes that I'm a secondary instructor for. Then I have the focus, without being up all night. I also like stim free on days I prefer to have coffee in the morning. I workout at 5am. So, I reach for a stim free version when I opt for coffee. It's always nice to have the option of stim free. However, I never really go on stim breaks. I'm a mom of an almost 3 yr old. I'd be a zombie without caffeine! :D

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I use both ways, but definintely more often solo as most of the stimme stuff I would take is more comprehensive nowadays.

jack3d14

Awards
I use non stim preworkouts for two reasons, either during a break from stim preworkouts or sometimes I stack together with a stim preworkout that needs a little extra kick to get a good pump. For example GAT PMP blue raspberry ( non stim flavor) and nitraflex make a good stack

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I might have to start using them together, depending on the ingredient profile of my stim pre workout of choice. I normally just use them during stim breaks, but my stim use to stim break ratio is not favorable to the latter :D

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My preferred route nowadays.

I still take stims (or drink coffee regularly), but am all about effectively dosed ergogenic ingredients pre-workout and actually rarely use stimulants directly pre. They seem to mess with my perceived exertion (either making me go too hard at the start of cranking hr up unnecessarily).

That isn't to say I never use stims pre-workout or don't think they are beneficial in scenarios for others, but for me High Volume and Ergonine are my musts around workouts.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Subbed for discussion.

Seems the older I get, the more stim sensitive I become.