Epicatechin??? Still good or considered bunk now

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Is this Epicatechin stuff still hot or not?

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I consider it Good to go. Especially the one that optimum alpha produces

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is this Epicatechin stuff still hot or not?
It really depends on the goals.
If you buy it directly for size and strength (seen many false claimings from some companies) then you will be pretty disapointed.
But if you buy it for health properties, endurance boost and musclefullness/pumps then I would say it is a good product.

It does have a nice place in supplement industry and there will be more studies on this compound.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
*100 on endurance. It's been roughly 1week since my last dose and today is first day that I've felt extra endurance diminishing

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Far from bunk

And more and more companies are putting it in their products

3pic_B3ast

3pic_B3ast

Awards
  • Established
After a number of companies continuing to make advancement using epi and many bringing it to the market as a single or stacked ingredient plus many stellar reviews I think we've come to the conclusion its bunk. Fingers crossed though cuz I have a couple bills invested in MyoElite and Ep1c Unleashed.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
The "size" gains from myostatin inhibition were a bit blown out of proportion early on, but study after study has shown immense benefits in endurance, marginal strength gains and improvement of numerous health metrics like BP, lipids, etc.

For my money I like Epic Unleashed (specifically a combo of TD + caps).

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
epicatechin is an awesome product. It's definitely a worthwhile supp. Follidrone, anafuse, ep1c unleashed are all awesome.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Far from bunk

And more and more companies are putting it in their products
That doesnt mean anything, companies would put dog chit in their products if they thought it would boost sales. Hype is what keeps this industry afloat

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
The "size" gains from myostatin inhibition were a bit blown out of proportion early on, but study after study has shown immense benefits in endurance, marginal strength gains and improvement of numerous health metrics like BP, lipids, etc.

For my money I like Epic Unleashed (specifically a combo of TD + caps).
How many legitimate studies could there actually be though?

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
It really depends on the goals.
If you buy it directly for size and strength (seen many false claimings from some companies) then you will be pretty disapointed.
But if you buy it for health properties, endurance boost and musclefullness/pumps then I would say it is a good product.

It does have a nice place in supplement industry and there will be more studies on this compound.
So it does increase endurance huh, thats good

CJNator

Awards
What about people talking about improved rate of body composition when taking Epicatchen(especially ones with ingredients to improve bioavailability). Placebo or a result from the improved endurance?

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
That doesnt mean anything, companies would put dog chit in their products if they thought it would boost sales. Hype is what keeps this industry afloat

I don't think reputable companies would

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
How many legitimate studies could there actually be though?
Quite a few with more ongoing, and none of them were sponsored by supp companies.

I'm on mobile but I can get you links later if you'd like.

EDIT: if you get impatient they are easy to find on google

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
If it weren't so expensive then it would be worth looking into, considering it's more expensive than ArA which has some more convincing info on it relevant to strength increases.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
If it weren't so expensive then it would be worth looking into, considering it's more expensive than ArA which has some more convincing info on it relevant to strength increases.
It isnt more expensive than ArA in some cases

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't at least 300mg the effective dose if used stand alone? Is CEL Epi Plex the cheapest?
yes exactly. Ep1c unleashed is the most superior epi product on the market but if you are looking for cost efficiency then yes epi plex can be had for like $30 before coupon codes which is $5-10 cheaper than ArA

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
-epi is legit in my book. It has become a staple for me. It provides increased endurance & strength for me.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I'm not sure about Epi, I did a few bottles of Folli and 1 bottle of Magnitopine but didn't "feel" any big difference...

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure about Epi, I did a few bottles of Folli and 1 bottle of Magnitopine but didn't "feel" any big difference...
Try EP1C ; )

We use PhytoFUSE for up to 200-600% increased absorption. Seems like a good amount of "non-responders" change their mind after EP1C.

I liked EpiPlex at 3 caps a day but it took a couple weeks to kick in. Folli was ehh for me at the suggested dose.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Ep1c Unleashed has been good to me. Just finishing a bottle of Optimum Alpha -Epicatechin and it's treated me very well also. I'd recommend both products honestly if looking at -epi. Good times training with both. If you can't afford it, don't feel like you're missing out not buying it - it's certainly not gonna give you the bang for buck some caffeine and creatine mono is gonna give, but that doesn't mean it's useless either.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Try EP1C ; )

We use PhytoFUSE for up to 200-600% increased absorption. Seems like a good amount of "non-responders" change their mind after EP1C.

I liked EpiPlex at 3 caps a day but it took a couple weeks to kick in. Folli was ehh for me at the suggested dose.
I really wanted it to work but I don't think it did... I been looking at Epic but not sure I willing to waste more money... :(

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I really wanted it to work but I don't think it did... I been looking at Epic but not sure I willing to waste more money... :(
Understandable since you didn't respond to either of the other two.

Even if you didn't get the ergogenic benefits, at least you undoubtedly got some general health benefits out of it even if they were not outwardly noticeable (BP, lipids, anti-inflammatory, etc).

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Try EP1C ; )

200-600% in people?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I'm aware of the original study in old men, that showed an increase/decrease in foli/myo, with no actual numbers given. There was a second study showing how long certain amounts elevated blood plasma concentrations. What are the new studies showing ergogenic benefits in resistance trained males? I would think the producers would have these at the ready to fire out? I stopped looking into it after a few months use with no change in the log book/stopwatch.

It *is* healthy though.

glosss

glosss

Awards
I've been wondering the same, just bought chaos n pain legendary 150mg epi and 25mg laxo per pill (2 a day), 3 month supply.

I suppose you don't know until you try, F*ck it, it's worth a shot lol.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EpiPlex is a solid Epicatechin product. It is 300mg Epicatechin in each cap (maybe little bit less since its 95% purity). Still it is massive dose. Added piperine for absorption/bioavailability boost.

I wish all Epi products could show exactly how much Epi it is inside the product

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Black Lion Research is coming out with a more comprehensive -Epi product as well. Will be worth looking into.

HandsomeHans

Awards
I'm going to be running a log of Follidrone soon. Granted, I'll be stacking it with BLR's Letrone and Rebirth too. But I won't start the Follidrone until Week 3 of the 8-Week run of Letrone and Rebirth, and I'll be logging Follidrone for 12 weeks total, so I will have 6 weeks of nothing but Follidrone. I'll be sure to come back to this thread and share my results.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Black Lion Research is coming out with a more comprehensive -Epi product as well. Will be worth looking into.
I bet that won't be cheap.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I bet that won't be cheap.
In my opinion none of them are cheap, really. But thus far I've had good experiences and I'll probably continue to periodically invest in some -epi as long as I keep having great training cycles on it. The fact that it's not a detriment to my health is a nice change of pace as well.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
In my opinion none of them are cheap, really. But thus far I've had good experiences and I'll probably continue to periodically invest in some -epi as long as I keep having great training cycles on it. The fact that it's not a detriment to my health is a nice change of pace as well.
Thats how i see it, ill prob pick up some epic next time i buy agmatine from np.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I have a lot of money tied up in a storage building I just bought and with my limited funds for supps I need more bang for the buck than what I got from epi, especially at the price point it is set at.

now if it were available in bulk say for a price like agmatine I would be a buyer...I will just stick with agmatine for the health benefits at a MUCH better price point.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a lot of money tied up in a storage building I just bought and with my limited funds for supps I need more bang for the buck than what I got from epi, especially at the price point it is set at.

now if it were available in bulk say for a price like agmatine I would be a buyer...I will just stick with agmatine for the health benefits at a MUCH better price point.
Speaking of bulk. What's the verdict on bulk ARA?

I remember there being some back and forth.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I would definitely advise against it if you don't have supp money to blow - it's the first none-bulk supp I would buy after basics but price point now makes it non-staple for time being.

The monk60

The monk60

Awards
I think it goes for a lot of supps that they work differently for different people. Some however work for most.
I've found some work best stacked with others and some are decent standalone. Always research and research and get everyone's opinion first tho before plopping down that hard earned.
I've also found you get what you pay for.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Speaking of bulk. What's the verdict on bulk ARA?

I remember there being some back and forth.
Powder is like 5% Ara

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
i like Ep1c unleashed anyone feel like they need to cycle on or off this stuff at all

somebody tried to tell me that Epic would be bad for tendons and ligaments after a while

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
i like Ep1c unleashed anyone feel like they need to cycle on or off this stuff at all

somebody tried to tell me that Epic would be bad for tendons and ligaments after a while
I'm not sure anyone has stayed on it for an extended period but as a tea extract I would think you'd probably be doing your health a service honestly. I've used it for 10wks or so and only reason I stopped is because I ran out. And joints weren't an issue.

GQNemesis

GQNemesis

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Def not bunk .. ive seen some lean gainz with epi plex

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I think it goes for a lot of supps that they work differently for different people. Some however work for most.
I've found some work best stacked with others and some are decent standalone. Always research and research and get everyone's opinion first tho before plopping down that hard earned.
I've also found you get what you pay for.
tbh..epicatechin is one of only a few supps that I seem to be a non-responder to, I didn't get anywhere close to results some of you seem to be getting...this is not a knock on epi, I consider myself fortunate that I respond very well to most supps/ingredients.