Myprotein Whey Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.
LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
They have a number of options and I believe most of us are curious because of the prices and (as of late) certifications of quality.

However, nobody wants to get stuck with 5.5 or 11 lbs of "difficult" to finish product, so I figured it'd be a good idea to have a thread where those with personal experience can give us their impressions.

I know that there are various places online where one can scavenge for reviews, but the convenience of a single source is hard to beat.

LocoGato

LocoGato

Awards
I just finished a 2.2lb bag of strawberry cream. Now I'm working on a bag of chocolate mint. I've tried the vanilla also. Strawberry cream is by far my favorite protein I've ever tried. I recommend it.
This is also coming from someone who doesn't usually care for strawberry milk.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In for a review of the raspberry whey and vanilla milk protein, the price on those are very tempting...

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The vanilla flavor isn't terrible. It's pretty plain, but hey, for the price, who can argue?

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In for a review of the raspberry whey and vanilla milk protein, the price on those are very tempting...
I'm using the Vanilla Milk+Whey protein, and as I just said, it's plain, but not outright terrible IMO, and I pretty much only do vanilla shakes.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
The apple crumble flavor is unique, but the flavor got old fast. Fantastic flavor for mixing into oatmeal. Toffee was pretty good, and I really enjoyed Chocolate Nut. I'm not a huge fan of the consistency of the Myprotein whey, but for the price I have no complaints

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I got an 11 lber of banana split and a 2 lber of the apple crumble, the apple crumble is really good and the banana split is too weakly flavored IMO. Doesn't taste bad, would just like the taste a little stronger. Only about 10.7 lbs left to go...

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got an 11 lber of banana split and a 2 lber of the apple crumble, the apple crumble is really good and the banana split is too weakly flavored IMO. Doesn't taste bad, would just like the taste a little stronger. Only about 10.7 lbs left to go...
You can always do what I do when I get a crappy tasting protein in bulk...just get a protein you already like (for me, it's Select) and just mix and match, haha.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
Yea, I have actually been either using less liquid or putting in a half serving of PB2 with it, it works fine since it's basically just a weak banana flavor.

I will say I was super impressed with MyProtein's prices and how fast they shipped. I'll definitely be ordering again, I am cheap and go through a lot of whey.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, I have actually been either using less liquid or putting in a half serving of PB2 with it, it works fine since it's basically just a weak banana flavor.

I will say I was super impressed with MyProtein's prices and how fast they shipped. I'll definitely be ordering again, I am cheap and go through a lot of whey.
When you combine the good prices of MyProtein, with free shipping and more discounts....I buy massive amounts and just mix with various Select flavors. Vanilla Snickerdoodle, Vanilla Cookies and Cream....Vanilla Chocolate...whatever. Haha

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just ordered 2.2 lbs of chocolate Carmel for twenty bucks shipped. Hard to beat.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Down to like nearly $5-$6/lb when you buy higher qty's, that's cray... that's like 1998 prices...

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Down to like nearly $5-$6/lb when you buy higher qty's, that's cray... that's like 1998 prices...
Seriously haha, its incredible. And they are rated very high on all of the quality testing that I've seen, which is always nice to hear.

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
The apple crumble flavor is unique, but the flavor got old fast. Fantastic flavor for mixing into oatmeal. Toffee was pretty good, and I really enjoyed Chocolate Nut. I'm not a huge fan of the consistency of the Myprotein whey, but for the price I have no complaints
What do the apple crumble, chocolate nut, and toffee taste like? I've heard some suggest that Choc Nut tastes like Nutella, for example, but I'm skeptical of such claims. They also have 3 variations of toffee now.

Also, if anyone would like to chime in on these:

Cinnamon Danish vs Cinnamon Roll
Cookies & Cream
Lemon Cheesecake
Maple & Pecan
Peanut Cookie
Pecan Pie
Rhubarb & Custard
Rocky Road
Sticky Toffee Puding
Tiramisu
Stracciatella
Starwberry Jam Roly Poly

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Apple Crumble had a very apple-y flavor to it, kind of like a less intense version of Apple Jacks. Chocolate Nut could be compared to Nutella, but the flavor is not nearly as potent and intense. Similar blend of chocolate to nutty-ness though IMO. Toffee reminded me off a toffee coffee creamer.

The Myprotein flavoring definitely isn't as powerful as some other products though, the flavorings aren't nearly as potent as PES or MTS flavorings. They're tasty, but don't expect a really strong flavoring

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Vanilla Milk protein smooth is thick but pretty good. Not the best Vanilla. Not as good as USP vanilla, but pretty good still.

Double chocolate is nice and rich
Chocolate caramel is good.
Latte is good
Sticky Toffee isn't bad. Its hard to describe this one.
Salted Caramel is a little light but has a good flavoring to it.

Next on my list is PB cookie and Cin Roll.

FWIW, they have a few stevia sweetened proteins. I haven't tried them and the flavoring is limited, but they are there.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I will say this

I personally think SL taste like a rotting corpse with hippo poo left in the August Texas heat for 48 hours.

1 scoop of Double Choc or Latte or Milk Smooth Vanilla and 8 oz of water and I can't taste said awful flavor. Its a blessing.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I like the Vanilla and the Chocolate Smooth. The raspberry is good if you like fruit flavors, but it's flavor is actually pretty strong. The lemon cheesecake is awful though. I don't see the point in mixing it with something like select, because if you are trying to save money well then that kind of defeats the purpose.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Do they provide samples? I'd sure love to try Tiramisu

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do they provide samples? I'd sure love to try Tiramisu
They do in the UK. I don't think they do in the US, yet. There's a lot I'd like to try but am on the fence about as well.

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
I've read good reviews regarding the Blueberry flavor on British sites as well.

Suspected that the flavoring might be light unfortunately, but thanks for the confirmations above.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'll probably just go with that then! $120 shipped for 22 pounds is amazing lol

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I make cold brew coffee and its really good together. 20g protein per cup of coffee.
That is one of my favorite things to do. Protein, milk, coffee, and ice. Cheaper and tastes almost as good as Starbucks without all the sugar.

And actually 22 pounds for $101 shipped ��

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the Vanilla and the Chocolate Smooth. The raspberry is good if you like fruit flavors, but it's flavor is actually pretty strong. The lemon cheesecake is awful though. I don't see the point in mixing it with something like select, because if you are trying to save money well then that kind of defeats the purpose.
I was just saying what I do when I get a bad batch of bulk Vanilla Protein (particularly the TrueNutrition flavoring...ugh)

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Is there any current discount codes for Myprotein?

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is the impact whey not 3rd party tested? They seem to have a separate label for tested whey

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm not sure. I thought the protein that came from actual tested batches was priced higher, but I didn't pay much attention honestly.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Just picked up the Mocha flavor. Has anyone tried this one yet?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have a bunch of flavors on hand but only tried the strawberry jam roly poly and apple crumble custard.

Apple is very Apple ish. Like a fresh apple pie, but not so sweet. Decent, but was hoping for sweeter flavor. Definitely good if you like apple though.

Strawberry roly is interesting. It's like a jelly flavor but also has a creamy/sweetness to it. Almost like strawberries and creme. One of the better strawberry flavorings I've had

Reactions: LLN
Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have a bunch of flavors on hand but only tried the strawberry jam roly poly and apple crumble custard.

Apple is very Apple ish. Like a fresh apple pie, but not so sweet. Decent, but was hoping for sweeter flavor. Definitely good if you like apple though.

Strawberry roly is interesting. It's like a jelly flavor but also has a creamy/sweetness to it. Almost like strawberries and creme. One of the better strawberry flavorings I've had
I've been wanting to try the fruit flavors but I've been scared to pull the trigger. Not just with myprotein but with any protein.

The apple sounds good as I don't like super sweet proteins (which is weird bc I have the sweet tooth of a five year)

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
What do the apple crumble, chocolate nut, and toffee taste like? I've heard some suggest that Choc Nut tastes like Nutella, for example, but I'm skeptical of such claims. They also have 3 variations of toffee now.

Also, if anyone would like to chime in on these:

Cinnamon Danish vs Cinnamon Roll
Cookies & Cream
Lemon Cheesecake
Maple & Pecan
Peanut Cookie
Pecan Pie
Rhubarb & Custard
Rocky Road
Sticky Toffee Puding
Tiramisu
Stracciatella
Starwberry Jam Roly Poly
Summer fruits very weak didnt like the flavor as well

Maple pecan liked it a lot, its like chocolate with slight coffee

Lemon cheesecake it tastes as the name, very good

Choco brownie liked a lot, a light chocolate flavor

Stracciatella liked a lot, its like an icecream

Sticky tofffee its like stracciatella but milder

Natural vanilla light vanilla taste, like it

White choco its like vanilla

Rhubarb & Custard bliah tastes like medicine

These are all i have tried so far

Reactions: LLN
Adobo

Adobo

Awards
  • Established
Cinnamon Danish = weird after taste slightly chemical'ish
Lemon Cheesecake = ok but also a weird after taste.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by XF2.0 and Select.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Cinnamon Danish = weird after taste slightly chemical'ish
Lemon Cheesecake = ok but also a weird after taste.

Maybe I'm just spoiled by XF2.0 and Select.
For the price and macros these def are on par with the best, but taste wise definitely second tier. Not even close to select

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For the price and macros these def are on par with the best, but taste wise definitely second tier. Not even close to select
I can't fit Select in my budget, but given the unanimous acceptance of the forum and the profile, I'm pretty sure I'm missing however. However, taste is less important for me and as long as it doesn't taste like soy lecithin I'm okay.

Some of the flavors are actually really good though. Latte and double chocolate being the first two that come to mind.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think select is the most overrated flavors I've ever seen. I haven't liked any of them. They're sickly sweet and leave a bad aftertaste. There's just a ton of biased fanboys who swing on PES nuts

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think select is the most overrated flavors I've ever seen. I haven't liked any of them. They're sickly sweet and leave a bad aftertaste. There's just a ton of biased fanboys who swing on PES nuts
No need to be so hostile.

I've used plenty of PES products with great results. If that makes me a fan boy, can I swing on a tire swing instead of a nut swing?

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
That did seem a little harsh lol but yeah I tried PES Snickerdoodle and was not a fan at all. I'd still like to try the others at some point.

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wasn't hostile at all. I said the flavors are overrated and this board is overrun by rep and people who are obsessed with certain brands, regardless of what they put out. Same thing you see with Apple products. Theyre blinded by fanboy fervor as opposed to objective standards.

I never even said they aren't good products, just not nearly the amazing flavor claims that are so commonly repeated. Cellucor, bodynutrition, animal whey, and MTS all have better flavoring.

I'm not talking about quality, which you apparently didn't understand. It was solely flavoring.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I wasn't hostile at all. I said the flavors are overrated and this board is overrun by rep and people who are obsessed with certain brands, regardless of what they put out. Same thing you see with Apple products. Theyre blinded by fanboy fervor as opposed to objective standards.

I never even said they aren't good products, just not nearly the amazing flavor claims that are so commonly repeated. Cellucor, bodynutrition, animal whey, and MTS all have better flavoring.
HOW DARE YOU SIR!!!!!. You might hurt someones feelings!. Maybe even make a few people butt-hurt!

For those that are butt hurt please fill out this form,

http://www.xecutionrs.com/downloadables/-xecutionrs-butthurt-complaint-form.pdf

dougeefreshh

Awards
Is myprotein even a legit site? ive been seeing alot of bad feedback about support.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I order yesterday evening and my stuff shipped this morning, seems legit so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.