Achilles or Joint Help for Elbow/Forearm Pain??

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
So I'm suffering through a bout of what I believe to be golfer's elbow. Wondering what opinions are as to whether Joint Help or Achilles would help alleviate the pain. I'll also be doing mobility/mashing/compression. I'm starting Orange Triad as well.

I'm about to place an order from a site that carries JH but not Achilles. However, if people think Achilles >>> JH, then I'll place a separate order.

Waiting patiently for the new Scivation joint supp to drop in 2016...have been hearing good things

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't forget about the upcoming Joint Support XT :D

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I do really like achilles or animal flex.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I have golfers elbow...never mind...I am recovering from golfers elbow. i've been using Achilles for almost a month now and increased my fish oil from 2 to 4 grams per day. I stretch, massage and do specific exercise to strengthen forearm and wrist. I wear strap gloves on pull type exercise . My pain has decreased tremendously. Achilles is now one of my staples.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've always been partial to Cissus. That paired with proper EPA/DHA intake seems to have me well covered and i suffer from two really bad shoulders (multiple dislocations on both delts).

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I don't bother much with supplements to fix things like this. It's a mechanical issue. No reason to take things to bandaid the problem. Supps can help with inflammation, but fixing the mechanical issue is actually a solution. Supplements will not actually fix issues like tendonitis. Treating soft tissue and doing maintenance on a regular basis will.

I just purchased this thing, much more hardcore than a lacrosse ball at fixing soft tissue issues:

http://www.roguefitness.com/mobility-wod-mobility-sticks

Check out how he's using it on his forearm in the photo. I mainly use this on forearms and legs / hip flexors.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I don't bother much with supplements to fix things like this. It's a mechanical issue. No reason to take things to bandaid the problem. Supps can help with inflammation, but fixing the mechanical issue is actually a solution. Supplements will not actually fix issues like tendonitis. Treating soft tissue and doing maintenance on a regular basis will.

I just purchased this thing, much more hardcore than a lacrosse ball at fixing soft tissue issues:

http://www.roguefitness.com/mobility-wod-mobility-sticks

Check out how he's using it on his forearm in the photo. I mainly use this on forearms and legs / hip flexors.
Interesting. I have lacrosse balls and voodoo floss at home but I'll have to look into a stick. Sometimes I smash my quads with a barbell

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Interesting. I have lacrosse balls and voodoo floss at home but I'll have to look into a stick. Sometimes I smash my quads with a barbell
Yeah this stick feels just like a barbell, lots of weight to it.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Achilles for sure. Totally removed a nagging shoulder issue I had for about two years. By far the best I have used to date. I have used joint help and didn't notice much more than I do from Orange triad tbh.