My bulking stack (sl, alphamax, epi)

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
I'm usually very busy but hopefully I'll find some time to log..

Starting point:
2000kcal, 170p, 200c, 55f
169.5lbs, 10.1% bf.

Other supps aside the stack:
Beta alanine 4g daily
Creatine monohydrate 4g daily
Multivitamin (when I remember to)
Omega 3 (when I remember to, lol)

This is my plan:
Phase 1
Going from my cuttinto intake at 1800kcal to 2000kcal, keep 1g/lbs proteins and 50g fats, increasing just the carb intake (no carbs on off days).
Start taking 25gr of soy Lecithin at lunch or pre-wo.

Phase 2
Once I his a weight plateau, increase at 2200kcal. Keep the protein, increasing carbs (still no carbs on off days) and a bit of fats.
25gr soy lecithin+2cps Alphamax (2 times daily as label).

Phase 2.5
After a month my bottle of Alphamax will be empty and I'll keep going with 25gr of soy lecithin.
Will take a break of 2 weeks from other supplements and lowering a bit my protein intake at 0.8g/lbs.

Phase 3
I will be now on higher calories (maybe 2600-2800) and going back at 1g/lbs proteins.
Now I thing I'll get the most from this stack: 25gr soy lecithin+4cps xgels+1 (2 times daily as label) epi-plex.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
So far after 2 weeks I'm at phase 2.
2200kcal, 170p, 250c, 60f

169lbs, bf not checked.

I see my weight pretty stable:
Week 1: +0.5lbs
Week 2: -1lb
No need for a skinfold. Maybe my metabolism is running faster than I thought (or at least, I hope!)

Strength is ok, maybe gained just a bit in a couple of isolation exercises.

Curious to see during next 2 weeks of SL+alphamax if will give any noticeable effect.

Also planning to change my workout next week, adding a few more sets per bodypart.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
I'm slowly increasing from my cutting by 200kcals each time I hit a stuck weight for a week. This is mostly in carbs.

I think there is no need in going higher than 1g/lbs for proteins.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Today I had chest and some sets of shoulders and triceps. arms and shoulders are my weak point so I've decided to hit them twice per week during this bulking.

Was feeling pretty strong, able to get all the reps I wanted (first time since started bulking).

Maybe was just a good day, I don't believe alphamax has already "kicked in".

Also kinda bored SL takes 200kcals of my diet.. Thinking of finishing the tub I've opened today and take a break to see if it's working or just wasting my calories.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just curious, why keep the calories and protein so low for bulking?
Protein intake doesn't need to be too high. A lot of people get away with about .8 grams per pound of lean mass. Personally, I think protein should be higher when cutting or even at a very tiny deficit or surplus. Recovery probably will not be as good as when in a higher surplus.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Protein intake doesn't need to be too high. A lot of people get away with about .8 grams per pound of lean mass. Personally, I think protein should be higher when cutting or even at a very tiny deficit or surplus. Recovery probably will not be as good as when in a higher surplus.
Agree

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
I feel like having stronger doms than usual..
Also I had yesterday and my chest it's already hurting while usually I need 2 days to feel it.

May be alphamax?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Subbing in...

If you have any soy lecithin or epi questions don't hesitate to reach out man. I've used both extensively.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Also I had yesterday and my chest it's already hurting while usually I need 2 days to feel it.

May be alphamax?
Very well could be, different aspects of Alphamax kick in at different times ranging for 3-5 days to 10-14 days! Only issue is with full effects hitting around 2 week mark we recommend most go for 2 bottles to experience full effects over an extended period of time!

ahawk01

ahawk01

Banned
Awards
I'm running my 6th week of magnitropin once I finish 8th, I'm going to sl and alphamax. I need to grab another bottle of alphamax, but I'm going to go to maintenance with increase in cardio.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a great plan, if you still need an Alphamax check out PHW and use Performax20 at checkout, should bring the cost of Alpha down to about 27 bucks, cant beat that!!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

May be alphamax?
Increase in DOMS could be from many different things. There is nothing in AlphaMax that should cause that. The only "pain" people usually get is sore joints due to the Arimistane. But there is no way that has kicked in yet.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Subbing in...

If you have any soy lecithin or epi questions don't hesitate to reach out man. I've used both extensively.
did sl gave you any visible results? As I said I'm kinda upset with the 200kcals it takes per "serving"

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a great plan, if you still need an Alphamax check out PHW and use Performax20 at checkout, should bring the cost of Alpha down to about 27 bucks, cant beat that!!

I'm from Italy, placed my past order from nutraplanet due to shipping costs

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
did sl gave you any visible results? As I said I'm kinda upset with the 200kcals it takes per "serving"
If by visual you mean aesthetic, then:

Fuller muscles (not just appearance but measured).

Leaning out over time (possibly due to high choline content or just increased endurance/workload)

I ran it during a recomp mostly. Will be bulking with it in the coming months.

Keep an eye out for our new PA/ergogenic prodcut from OL. Its got PA plus a whole lot of other goodies in it (and amazing flavors to boot).

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

I notice denseness and fullness of muscles while using SL. Personally, I prefer to use a combination of concentrated PA plus SL. I like the PA caps pwo and the SL post workout. Sometimes if consuming the SL pwo it can sit heavy in the gut during your workout.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
If by visual you mean aesthetic, then:

Fuller muscles (not just appearance but measured).

Leaning out over time (possibly due to high choline content or just increased endurance/workload)

I ran it during a recomp mostly. Will be bulking with it in the coming months.
How long took for denser and fuller muscle?

Do you think you'll keep that if you stop using sl?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
How long took for denser and fuller muscle?

Do you think you'll keep that if you stop using sl?
I'd say within 2 weeks or less. Might have been around day 10 that I noticed.

When I cycled off I noticed a slight decrease in muscle fullness and size, but seemed to end up more vascular and cut.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
New training, now on medium/high volume.
I haven't fatigued much during first push and pull workouts even if they were 20 minutes longer than usual.
I don't love workouts that long but I'm gonna try this for 3 weeks.

In the mirror I think I look "fuller". Can't get how is possible since my weight is stable around 169.5/170.

Will have a measurements day on Sunday after this first month of reverse dieting. Will also be my cheat day (which I have every 2 weeks) and the next day will bring up my kcal to 2400.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Edited first post. SL is 25gr not 15.

This morning I weighted 168.6.. Lowest ever!
Would like to think Alphamax started kicking in.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
End of week 4.

Average weight is 169.1, no need to measure bf.
First time ever I have the same weight after a month of reverse dieting.

Today I'm having a cheat day and tomorrow I'll bring my kcal to 2400.
180p, 270c, 65f.

Regarding my training I'm not really enjoying it.. High volume keeps me 90 minutes in the gym when I was used to finish a workout in 60.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
End of week 4.

Average weight is 169.1, no need to measure bf.
First time ever I have the same weight after a month of reverse dieting.

Today I'm having a cheat day and tomorrow I'll bring my kcal to 2400.
180p, 270c, 65f.

Regarding my training I'm not really enjoying it.. High volume keeps me 90 minutes in the gym when I was used to finish a workout in 60.
Use supersets or instead of doing straight sets, get the volume in with drop sets. How long are your rest periods? If they are in between 60-90 seconds, how many sets are you doing?

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Use supersets or instead of doing straight sets, get the volume in with drop sets. How long are your rest periods? If they are in between 60-90 seconds, how many sets are you doing?
Rest period is 3 mins when performing 4-6 reps, 2 mins for 8-15 reps.
Doing 6 sets per bodypart

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rest period is 3 mins when performing 4-6 reps, 2 mins for 8-15 reps.
Doing 6 sets per bodypart
I personally think for 8-15 reps, 2 minutes is a bit much. I would go for 45-90 seconds depending on the muscle group. Groups like biceps, triceps, calves, 45-60 seconds. Everything else, 60-90. Personally, I would still only rest 45-90 seconds for the 4-6 range.

If you train opposite body parts, chest and biceps for example, superset one chest movement with one bicep movement.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
I personally think for 8-15 reps, 2 minutes is a bit much. I would go for 45-90 seconds depending on the muscle group. Groups like biceps, triceps, calves, 45-60 seconds. Everything else, 60-90. Personally, I would still only rest 45-90 seconds for the 4-6 range.

If you train opposite body parts, chest and biceps for example, superset one chest movement with one bicep movement.
I feel like 45-90 seconds is more for burning extra calories as your heart is pumping more and resting less.. But in terms of getting stronger I've always knew you need to rest more, especially for high intensity as 4-6 rep range

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel like 45-90 seconds is more for burning extra calories as your heart is pumping more and resting less.. But in terms of getting stronger I've always knew you need to rest more, especially for high intensity as 4-6 rep range
Try it and see if you can keep the reps in that range with those rest periods.

There are several options

1 - Superset opposing muscle groups
2 - Use dropsets to achieve your high volume
3 - Use rest pause techniques to hit your rep range in a shorter period of time
4 - Decrease rest periods
5 - Increase frequency (if your back day is 30 sets for example, do 15 on Monday and 15 on Friday)
6 - Suck it up buttercup, like I tell me students at school. If that's the routine you want to follow and don't want to make any of the above changes, then go with it.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
I'm done with alphamax.. Over the 4 weeks I was taking it, I've gained just 1lb.
I feel like it helped me increase kcal without gaining extra weight. Downside I haven't increased any weights while working out.
Not sure if is worth taking it because I was also taking SL and it might be the reason too.

Today I couldn't take any measurements but next week I'll take them in order to see if there is any change (I don't think so).

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea I would say Alphamax really shines in the recomp department with Forksolin + Arimistane, your not going to throw on 5-10lbs but you can add some quality muscle while staying nice and lean, which it sounds like is what you experienced!

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Yea I would say Alphamax really shines in the recomp department with Forksolin + Arimistane, your not going to throw on 5-10lbs but you can add some quality muscle while staying nice and lean, which it sounds like is what you experienced!
We'll see next Saturday when I'll take all the measurements ;)

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
About epi and xgels, should I take them daily or just on workout days?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
About epi and xgels, should I take them daily or just on workout days?
Epi can be taken daily, xgels only on workout days.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Io might give a try for epi+xgels pre-wo!

On off days does it matter the timing/with or without meals?

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
I think I might go with 2 epi plex+4 xgels pre-wo.
While on off days I'll have 1 epi-plex plex at lunch and one at dinner

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
So after 8 weeks of SL with last 2 weeks including Alphamax here are my conclusions.

I've slowly raised my kcal from 2000 to 2600.
Weight went up 1.5lbs. Pretty stable from week 5.
Overall body fat is the same. Just gained a bit on abs, nothing to worry about.
No strength gains or loss.
All my measurements went slightly up.

I can't say WOW but I'm happy.. however I've increased by 600kcals apparently without fat gains.
Let's see how SL+epi+xgels will work now

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like a successful run in my book. I've never used SL, so I cannot comment on that. Since you were essentially reverse dieting, I wouldn;t expect a lot in the strength department, but I am surprised there was absolutely no improvement. But it is always a positive when one can increase overall calorie intake with no or minimal body fat increase.

How was your libido? Any change visually in body comp?

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a successful run in my book. I've never used SL, so I cannot comment on that. Since you were essentially reverse dieting, I wouldn;t expect a lot in the strength department, but I am surprised there was absolutely no improvement. But it is always a positive when one can increase overall calorie intake with no or minimal body fat increase.

How was your libido? Any change visually in body comp?
Libido was ok. Visually my gf says I look fuller

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
I'm just on the second week of epi+xgels.. Stuff is good!

For the first time ever I can see noticeable gains. I can do 2-3 reps more than usual with same weights so all my lifts went up.
I don't know if it's just epi or just xgels or both together.. But curious to see the final results!

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I'm just on the second week of epi+xgels.. Stuff is good!

For the first time ever I can see noticeable gains. I can do 2-3 reps more than usual with same weights so all my lifts went up.
I don't know if it's just epi or just xgels or both together.. But curious to see the final results!
Outstanding!

Happy to hear about the progress man. Keep hitting it hard!

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
I'm late but here are my conclusions.
During alphamax I've gained 1.1lbs going at 2200-2400kcal.
During epi+xgels I've gained 1.9lbs going at 2600kcal.

Now it's been 4 weeks since I've stopped taking anything except to SL, creatine and beta alanine just on WO days and I've gained 0.8lbs still at 2600kcal. I've also noticed a slight decrease in strength while during the use of those supplements I was making PR almost every workout on the main compound movements.

I feel like the plan worked well, I've also haven't gained any fat, my bf % is exactly the same.
Measurements went a bit up (if you want to check my bodyspace, same nickname) and my muscles are looking fuller.

I'm happy overall and might do the same next year. Now I have 10weeks left for bulking where I'm increasing to 2800-3000kcal and hopefully to gain another 4lbs as lean as possible.
I'm thinking about trying laxogenin but I hear a lot of different opinions so I might just go without supplements.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the update! Be on the lookout for the new Alphamax XT.

Also if you want to stack up on OG Alphamax before it's gone nutriverse has 20% off.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Awesome update and excellent progress man! Really glad to see you achieve such consistent growth - slow and steady gains are always the best! What is your current body weight?

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I read the whole log iam really happy this worked out well for you . AlphaMax is just plain loaded with awesome ingredients. I can't to see alphamax xt's ingredient panel . Great job on the progress updates as well .