L carnitine supplementation

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I've been taking carnigen/caffeine and -Epicatechin now for about 3 weeks in the morning with cardio and leaning out. Does anyone else have any positive experiences with l carnitine? How did it work for you and how'd you use it?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Since I am cheap, I do 2g pre-cardio, or 2 grams post resistance training. That way, a 325g tub lasts 162 days. Notice anything? Not with the 50 other things we all probably take, LOL - but the data is decent.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Any certain brand you're using? I'm using carnigen and at 3 grams a day it'll last a month lol.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
LCLT or just LCarnitine? LCLT actually helps performance whereas LC doesn't really do much

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1444823057.818161.jpg

This is what I'm takin

When would you dose LCLT?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
:"L-carnitine helps the body produce energy. It is important for heart and brain function, muscle movement, and many other body processes."

I think its worth it if you find it cheap but I wouldnt spend a lot of money on it.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I find that LCLT helps me recover more quickly.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I would use something else after that tub.

You will want pure LCLT or ALCAR
For the extra benefits,
And 2g not 1g of a blend

Ergonine has my 2g LCLT in it but you can buy it bulk as well of course.

Either will cost less and treat you better IMO

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've been looking into injectable carnitine, it seems interesting.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I would use something else after that tub.

You will want pure LCLT or ALCAR
For the extra benefits,
And 2g not 1g of a blend

Ergonine has my 2g LCLT in it but you can buy it bulk as well of course.

Either will cost less and treat you better IMO
Good advice right here.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Anyone take 3 grams of LCLT? Started doing that on lifting days to see if there was any added benefit

feather319

feather319

Awards
I stopped L-Carnitine after I found out it can inhibit thyroid production. I have chronic low free T3 so I stopped L-Carnitine. Just wanted to let you know if you are hypothyroid.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
I stopped L-Carnitine after I found out it can inhibit thyroid production. I have chronic low free T3 so I stopped L-Carnitine. Just wanted to let you know if you are hypothyroid.
Thanks for that. I had read that and had completely forgot about it. I'm going back to just 2 grams of LCLT

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone take 3 grams of LCLT? Started doing that on lifting days to see if there was any added benefit
If I recall, some studies on LCLT use 2g l-carnitine (from LCLT), which was something like 2.9...g total LCLT. There are also studies showing benefits with 1g or 2g LCLT, and, if I'm remembering correctly, 2g>1g, but I don't think I've seen anything compare 2g to 3g.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Two studies on Suppversity used either 1.5g (100Kg Man) or 3g of LCLT. here's the 3g one out of Iran:

h t t p : / / suppversity.blogspot.com/2015/04/acute-l-carnitine-tartrate.html

Acute L-Carnitine Tartrate Supplementation Boosts VO2-Max, Fat Oxidation & Endurance in Elite Wrestlers

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
I've been looking into injectable carnitine, it seems interesting.
One cycle and now he's pinning everything. Next it will be egg yolks in the morning.

(Jokesnotsrs)

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's an addiction lol not this cycle though. Future cycles and PCTs. It has a lot of benefit from what I've read.