Is there a limit???

halljo

halljo

Awards
With all the info out there and constant articles and studies, they talk about all the benefits of supplementing this and that. Is there a limit in what one person can take (or should take)? All the things I'm talking about are regular stuff... Aminos, vitamin variants, mineral Supps, caffeine, synephrine, HICA, Betaine, ARA, CLA, epicatechin, etc, etc, etc

halljo

halljo

Awards
I mean limit as... how many things one person can take a day.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've always wondered the same thing.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
There's no set limit as there are far too many variables. It will depend on the individual, what they are taking, and the length at which they are taking any given supplement/supplements. The key is moderation and cycling. You want to allow your body to achieve homeostasis at different times depending on goals. Be smart and get labs done intermittently depending on what you run. Also try and "know" your body as much as possible. I can usually tell when I need a break or need to exercise wisdom/caution depending on goal and product.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know that there is certainly a point of diminishing returns when you keep adding more supplements. If you read a lot of the studies, often times they will specifically mention that the subjects were not taking any other dietary supplements during, and sometimes a period of time before, the duration of the study, which I feel is (one reason) why the stellar results of a given supplement are often not replicated in the real world by users (although there are many other factors here as well). For example, citrulline malate and nitrates are both awesome as pre-workout ingredients for endurance and a pump, but if I take a good dose of citrulline and agmatine, the addition of nitrates doesn't really do much, if anything extra for me in terms of endurance (although that's just me). I also find that while HICA helps with my recovery time and perceived muscle soreness, HMB-FA does so with greater potency, and the addition of HICA when I'm already taking HMB-FA provides no additional benefits (for me, anyway). With a lot of things, taking a ton of the supplements is likely going to be worse for your wallet as opposed to having some negative effect on your health. Stimulants are one thing that I wouldn't want to keep just adding more and more at the same time though, for obvious reasons.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There is an adverse-to-your-health limit with almost anything, but more than likely you'll reach the you're-wasting-your-money limit first.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
With all the info out there and constant articles and studies, they talk about all the benefits of supplementing this and that. Is there a limit in what one person can take (or should take)? All the things I'm talking about are regular stuff... Aminos, vitamin variants, mineral Supps, caffeine, synephrine, HICA, Betaine, ARA, CLA, epicatechin, etc, etc, etc
You must have deeep pockets to reach that limit.

halljo

halljo

Awards
You must have deeep pockets to reach that limit.
I'm not using all that much... but after reading studies and articles telling you, you need this or that... you just start wondering at what point is it overload or counterproductive.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm not using all that much... but after reading studies and articles telling you, you need this or that... you just start wondering at what point is it overload or counterproductive.
I mean I'm sure everything helps, but to me, it's annoying when you have to constantly remember to take pills at X timing, and well.....diminishing returns.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I see your point, thats why its important to listen to your body and find out what really works for you leaving the crap aside

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I mean limit as... how many things one person can take a day.
Yes if you take more than 13 different supplements the body gets desensitized and won't process anything more. So choose wisely.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I think there are a lot of things to consider here...
I won't try to say I know exactly the effects of 20 supps at once will have on you lol but,
Why would that ever even be a question?

always adding more will not always mean "better"

I think a simple stack is more than sufficient, and remember supplements are not going to give you magical results.

If your 6 supp stack got you nowhere, don't add more, fix your diet/training

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think there are a lot of things to consider here...
I won't try to say I know exactly the effects of 20 supps at once will have on you lol but,
Why would that ever even be a question?

always adding more will not always mean "better"

I think a simple stack is more than sufficient, and remember supplements are not going to give you magical results.

If your 6 supp stack got you nowhere, don't add more, fix your diet/training
Or don't buy those supplements again!

CincyKiller45

CincyKiller45

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The limit is directly correlated with your IQ level. I like to believe excessive supplementation is like a tax for dumb people.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
The limit is directly correlated with your IQ level. I like to believe excessive supplementation is like a tax for dumb people.
Fantastic.
Lol