Questions about Reduce XT

avega17

Awards
  • Established
I have a bottle of Reduce XT that I am looking to start up soon. I have been looking around, but I can't find much in the way of studies or articles regarding the 7-keto DHEA isomers. I did pass along something that spoke about a reduction in test though. Am I correct in saying that this product is non-hormonal? If you could lead me in the way of more information on this product it would be greatly appreciated. I also posted this thread in the SNS sub-forum, but I figured I'd get more replies in here.

Thanks.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
yea reduce xt is a natural anabolic. It is a non hormonal product. There's tons of good info out there and i'm sure an SNS rep will chime in and give you all the information on it but I know its non hormonal. I use it during my pct a lot of times.

Cjg

Awards
  • Established
Reduce xt is a natural anabolic??? Thought it was a cortisol reducer...

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not hormonal at all for men. Can affect birth control for women though (so I would guess it affects something with their estrogen).

jamesrick80

Awards
Reduces cortisol, promotes lean muscle gain...but cycle on and off...45 days on and 45 off...I also noticed it can decrease some of ya muscle gains overtime so only use it while cutting

VWMeatHead

VWMeatHead

Awards
Reduces cortisol, promotes lean muscle gain...but cycle on and off...45 days on and 45 off...I also noticed it can decrease some of ya muscle gains overtime so only use it while cutting
Why would it reduce muscle gains???

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Why would it reduce muscle gains???
This isn't true. While you do want cortisol to spike a bit post exercise, this will not negatively impact to a degree where it will prevent anything. If you're really concerned about even the possibility, simply dose away from your workout by an hour or two... To say it reduces muscle gains is silly.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Alright cool thanks for all the info, going to start up a 45 day run tomorrow. Any studies or other info available?

jamesrick80

Awards
Make sure you start at 1 to 2 caps per a day...some people on this forum may not have experienced side effects but some people have experienced low blood pressure and lethargy when taking more than 3 caps a day for extended periods of time....remember you are messing around with your cortisol, your primary stress hormone....you want to reduce it but not deplete it...otherwise this is pretty much a safe compound

jamesrick80

Awards
Just saw a study linked in that thread that showed a drop in test with DHEA, not so sure I want to take this now[/QUOTE]

Reason why I still believe I loss muscle a couple years ago when cycling reduce xt, once i got off my gains came back..I think you are better off with something like elim1nate...it's the same compound as the original pes erase...it still more of an anti estrogen but helps with lowering cortisol as well just not as drastically as reduce xt...do up to 3 caps daily for a 6 week cycle....this compound also helps increase test

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This isn't true. While you do want cortisol to spike a bit post exercise, this will not negatively impact to a degree where it will prevent anything. If you're really concerned about even the possibility, simply dose away from your workout by an hour or two... To say it reduces muscle gains is silly.
This ^

Taking a it immediately when you wake up is best and right before bed.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Any comments on the interactions with test?
Just for clarification, you're taking endogenously produced test, right? Anyways, I don't think Reduce XT is going to negatively impact testosterone production to any appreciable degree.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Just for clarification, you're taking endogenously produced test, right? Anyways, I don't think Reduce XT is going to negatively impact testosterone production to any appreciable degree.
Yes, I am referring to this study.

Physiol Res. 2001;50(1):9-18.
Effects of transdermal application of 7-oxo-DHEA on the levels of steroid hormones, gonadotropins and lipids in healthy men.

Sulcová J, Hill M, Masek Z, Ceska R, Novácek A, Hampl R, Stárka L.
Source

Institute of Endocrinology, Prague, Czech Republic. [email protected]

Abstract

The aim of this study was to investigate the effect of 7-oxo-DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) on the serum levels of steroid sexual hormones, gonadotropins, lipids and lipoproteins in men. 7-oxo-DHEA was applied onto the skin as a gel to 10 volunteers aged 27 to 72 years for 5 consecutive days. The single dose contained 25 mg 7-oxo-DHEA. Serum concentrations of testosterone, estradiol, cortisol, androstenedione, luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), total cholesterol, HDL- and LDL-cholesterol, triglycerides, apolipoprotein A-I and B and lipoprotein(a) were measured before the beginning and shortly after the end of the steroid application. After the treatment, we noted the following significant changes: a decline of testosterone and estradiol levels, increase of LH, HDL-cholesterol and apolipoprotein A-I levels. The decrease of total cholesterol levels was of the borderline significance. A slight but significant increase was found in apolipoprotein B and lipoprotein(a). The most expressive was the fall of the atherogenic index. We suggest that the gel containing 7-oxo-DHEA might be a suitable drug for improving the composition of the steroid and lipid parameters in elderly men.

PMID:11300231[PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
So that study is showing transdermal actually lowers test?

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
After 5 days of a single, 25mg, transdermal dose in 10 volunteers aged 27-72 years
Although it says "significant change", I'm not sure what that entails without seeing the actual numbers.

LH increased as well as estradiol reduction.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
bump, any comments? Synapsin

I am about to just start taking it at two caps daily. I have only heard good things about the product. However, I am 23 years old, is it to early to start something like this?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
bump, any comments? Synapsin

I am about to just start taking it at two caps daily. I have only heard good things about the product. However, I am 23 years old, is it to early to start something like this?
Cortisol is dangerous to play with. Too little is bad, too much is bad. If you're taking this to lean out, there are better options. If you're taking this because you have high cortisol, this is probably the best OTC you can get.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Cortisol is dangerous to play with. Too little is bad, too much is bad. If you're taking this to lean out, there are better options. If you're taking this because you have high cortisol, this is probably the best OTC you can get.
Taking it to lean out a bit. I have seen it recommended at the tail end of a cut where cortisol levels tend to rise.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Only because it affects hormones
Is a test booster hormonal?

A point to consider: statistically significant does NOT mean a huge change, it just implies the results were most likely not the result of coincidence

horizons

horizons

Awards
  • Established
Is a test booster hormonal?

A point to consider: statistically significant does NOT mean a huge change, it just implies the results were most likely not the result of coincidence
Good point :)

avega17

Awards
  • Established
Gonna start it up tomorrow. Does this need to be taken with food, best on an empty stomach? Far from workout?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gonna start it up tomorrow. Does this need to be taken with food, best on an empty stomach? Far from workout?
Doesn't matter.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Fatigue and muscle loss, but it shouldn't be possible at that low a dose (recommended dose).
What? Lulz. You must of been thinking if cortisol is too high.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What would I notice if I am suppressing cortisol too much?
You'll notice stiff joints when you've dropped cortisol too low. Your immune system will be rocking.

Forget your flu shot, people should be stocking up on reduce xt during cold and flu season.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

sespress

Awards
Not hormonal at all for men. Can affect birth control for women though (so I would guess it affects something with their estrogen).
Is it safe for chicks who don't take birth control?

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn, my dog has Addison's. But that's a failure of your adrenals, if it's dropped too low from supplements I imagine it'll go away once you stop taking them. But in the mean time you'd feel not so hot.
Yes but I'm pointing out that it isn't healthy to crush cortisol; you want to manage your levels, not obliterate them.

sespress

Awards
Look up hypoadrenalism, addison's disease, etc. There is tons of papers on this topic.

http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jc.2010-0982
Been reading like a nut for the last 30 minutes because I know I don't understand this enough. I take a 7-keto transdermal myself, and was recently looking into ashwaganda. However they both reduce cortisol. How low can it go and how quickly will you notice the hormone bottoming out? Does one expect that it would be immediately reversible by ceasing the supp? Or is a "shutdown" like effect produced?

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Is it safe for chicks who don't take birth control?
Should be. I would assume the interaction has something to do with the meds themselves or the hormones effected by the meds.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Been reading like a nut for the last 30 minutes because I know I don't understand this enough. I take a 7-keto transdermal myself, and was recently looking into ashwaganda. However they both reduce cortisol. How low can it go and how quickly will you notice the hormone bottoming out? Does one expect that it would be immediately reversible by ceasing the supp? Or is a "shutdown" like effect produced?
It'll recover immediately, and those ingredients combined should be okay; I wasn't trying to scare anyone, just meant cortisol that is too low is also detrimental. My whole point was people try so hard to "eliminate" cortisol without realizing how important it is for muscle building when its not too high. Everything should always be a balance.