Feel good transitioning to ketosis?

modernoscar

Awards
Hey guys, any of you feel GREAT going into ketosis? I've just started the anabolic diet by Mauro Di Pasquale and I'm 11 days with 30g or less carbs. I feel fantastic instead of the usual low carb slump until the ketones get pumping. I'm thinking 2 things

1. In a surplus
2. Caffeine kicks harder without carbs(lol)

Experiences?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Have you tried low carb where you felt like crap before? Some people perform better lower carb. I don't get any of the tiredness / sluggishness from low carb either, even in a deficit

modernoscar

Awards
Have you tried low carb where you felt like crap before? Some people perform better lower carb. I don't get any of the tiredness / sluggishness from low carb either, even in a deficit
Yes!! But I was also in a big deficit to make weight for a boxing tournament. Just everything I've researched said the first week or two you will feel bad adapting but I honestly feel freaking great. Already feeling strength gains, body comp has improved but weight is the same. No PHs or AAS (atm haha)

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
****ing hate low carb low blood sugar. Such a ****ty feeling

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Maybe fat wasn't high enough? I'm eating 240g fat, 180 protein, 30g or less CHO
that high protein could kick you out of ketosis. Protein should be .8-1g/lbm. Also a large deficit in keto will feel worse than non-keto IMO

halljo

halljo

Awards
Can you get in keto and still gain muscle/size... or is it strictly for cutting? I've heard that once your in keto, if you increase your calories, you can pack on muscle. Just curious... only tried Keto once, for cutting only.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Maybe fat wasn't high enough? I'm eating 240g fat, 180 protein, 30g or less CHO
To be fair my blood sugar usually sits on the lower end and I have an over exaggerated response to lower blood sugar levels

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I have zero problems with Keto - I've stayed in it for a long time and felt fine.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Can you get in keto and still gain muscle/size... or is it strictly for cutting? I've heard that once your in keto, if you increase your calories, you can pack on muscle. Just curious... only tried Keto once, for cutting only.
you can add muscle with keto. It's harder than without, but still possible

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
It took over 2 weeks for me to get into ketosis the first time. I felt great until about day 14 then felt like crap for about a week. After that it was a lot faster and the crappiness came and went quickly.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
I noticed more energy and less lethargy a few days into a CKD

3RT

Awards
I tend to believe, that low carbs without high fat feels crappy, but LCHF would feel very nice for most. For those considering themselves high-carbers too. Also on keto you lose some water weight pretty soon, so you can start to cut calories slower when dieting down, or just have an 'edge' in look while on maintenance.

And for me Keto/High Fat Low Carbs = feel good irrelevant to calorage, have done it different ways. Although I'm yet to see a good bulk on <15g of carbs.. Hope to try it with my GF - female fitness competitor - and myself, when current season ends. It's so much easier for her GI to digest low carb stuff - it's always a torture to get 3200 kcal when she eats carbs on bulk and she's semi-permanently hungry on keto-cut with 2200 kcal. Some psychological factors are there too.