New Pumpkin Pie Quest Bar.

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Outstanding! Bought a box of them and will buy another.

Anyone try these yet?

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I tried one but wasn't a huge fan. I'm sticking with CnC!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I tried one but wasn't a huge fan. I'm sticking with CnC!
Oh yea. Cookies and cream is going to be hard to beat. Although I do like smores and the pumpkin is okay.

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established
I thought the pumpkin was ehhh at best. Definitely over hyped.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've heard from a few people that they're awful.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Most reviews state the pumpkin flavor is minimal and its heavier in spice.
Most like the new coating, some do not like it
The feedback IMO from social media and online boards is more along the lines of 75/25 or 70/30 Negative/Positive feedback. Not many people are enjoying them

I have a box coming in thursday ill throw up my review this weekend.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
The pumpkin pie is terrible. Then again, I haven't liked any of their new flavors. Maybe it's the formula.

I've grown sick of CnC. Mixed Berry all the way.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
The pumpkin pie is terrible. Then again, I haven't liked any of their new flavors. Maybe it's the formula.

I've grown sick of CnC. Mixed Berry all the way.
Have you tried white chocolate raspberry? Top 3-4 for me

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
The pumpkin pie is definately a love hate relationship. You love it or hate it, no inbetween. I love it. Also the coating is the best of all their flavors.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you tried white chocolate raspberry? Top 3-4 for me
My number one! 2. Is cookie dough.

Worst was double chocolate. Blah..

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
CnC, CCCD, DCC, Apple Pie my top 4, Chocolate Brownie may be 5th.

TheIronAsylum

Awards
  • Established
quest quality and imgredients have gone downhill

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I have a massive addiction to lemon quest bars. It's a problem

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
What a random new flavour! I think it would be hard to beat S'mores, cookies and cream, and PB jelly (in that order). I don't think I'll buy a box of it in case I don't like it but I'll get some in an assorted box... Btw the coating reminds me of doughnut glaze.. yum.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Kinda meh out of the wrapper (Quest Pumpkin Bar). It has minimal pumpkin aftertaste and minor spice.
The coating provides a nice glaze, but the graham cracker pieces have no real taste to them besides texture.
If you heat the bar for about 5 seconds the glaze melts in your mouth, and i find it enhances the bar a touch.
Hard to put the Quest pumpkin pie in my top 5. Still does not top CnC, CCCD, DCC, Apple Pie, or Chocolate brownie (my top 5)

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
it was ok, its a limited time flavor great idea from a sales standpoint but i bet they will be discontinued after fall season.
people are buying them up cuz u know white girls love pumpkin spice everything.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I thought it was average at best. I'm a huuugggeeee pumpkin/pie fan and this was a letdown. Not much pumpkin or spice flavor. Just very sweet (which I like) but not what I wanted from this bar. Also, at 220kcals it's far and away the highest of theirs an pretty much leaves it out of the low cal bar spot. It's low on my list of quest bars.

Smores, cnc, and cccd are tops for me.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I thought it was average at best. I'm a huuugggeeee pumpkin/pie fan and this was a letdown. Not much pumpkin or spice flavor. Just very sweet (which I like) but not what I wanted from this bar. Also, at 220kcals it's far and away the highest of theirs an pretty much leaves it out of the low cal bar spot. It's low on my list of quest bars.

Smores, cnc, and cccd are tops for me.

have you tried the S'mores recently since the switch the corn soluable fiber?
meh...

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
meh...
Haven't bought any new ones in forever. I bought a bunch of boxes on sale way back and haven't hardly touched them for months.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
meh...
Like Boone, I haven't bought any in awhile (a friend gave me a Pumpkin Pie to try), but I did hear from a friend that CnC tastes different. Pretty bummed, but will have to confirm for myself.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The pumpkin might be my fav one. Not sure how i feel about the corn fiber being used in quest bars now though.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
meh...
I knew something was off. I didnt realize it till you just said it. That was my fav too... Smh

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The pumpkin might be my fav one. Not sure how i feel about the corn fiber being used in quest bars now though.
Myself like Boone if you are a pumpkin junkie they just don't have a pumpkin flavor or spice to them

Taste like an orange glazed bar

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Myself like Boone if you are a pumpkin junkie they just don't have a pumpkin flavor or spice to them

Yea true. It tasted nothing like pumpkin lol.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Thank you for your thoughts Bob. As you and Boone, I love pumpkin. You saved me $24.99

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
What kind of Quest Bars are you guys eating? The ones I got tasted just like Pumpkin Pie, and they are all gone. The entire box is gone!

Must have gotten a defective batch or something men.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
What kind of Quest Bars are you guys eating? The ones I got tasted just like Pumpkin Pie, and they are all gone. The entire box is gone!

Must have gotten a defective batch or something men.
Haha based on the feedback, YOU must have gotten a defective batch (defectively good, that is).

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Haha based on the feedback, YOU must have gotten a defective batch (defectively good, that is).
agree
i have read at least 30-40 reviews alone on social media and on boards, literally 75% of the feedback comes back negative.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I tried a box. They taste like pumpkin and taste 100x better than most of their other overly-fake-sweet tasting bars. I can only really eat these ones and the lemon ones. Everything else just tastes like artificial sweetener overload.

The cinnamon bars are pretty decent too.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I finally tried the mint cookie and wasn't impressed. Not bad, but not great by any means. Also disappointed that cookies and cream doesn't taste good to me in comparison lol.

My favorite is for sure apple pie. I absolutely love those. PB&J can be good, too (dry, but good flavor). Cookie Dough is probably #2 for me, and the strawberry cheesecake isn't bad either. I find myself liking flavors I normally wouldn't rank as highly more when it comes to Quest (basically an inverse ranking of how I normally would approach flavors).

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I finally tried the mint cookie and wasn't impressed. Not bad, but not great by any means. Also disappointed that cookies and cream doesn't taste good to me in comparison lol.

My favorite is for sure apple pie. I absolutely love those. PB&J can be good, too (dry, but good flavor). Cookie Dough is probably #2 for me, and the strawberry cheesecake isn't bad either. I find myself liking flavors I normally wouldn't rank as highly more when it comes to Quest (basically an inverse ranking of how I normally would approach flavors).
Glad i am not the only one who loves apple pie. CNC, CCCD, and apple pie rock.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

The mint bar is hit or miss. I believe since the mint mix ins are not fixed, some bars have a lot, moderate or little, that is what makes it hit or miss. I enjoy them when I gwt a lot of mint and find them mediocre when they have minimal mint pieces.

Apple pie is great. Have you ever warmed it?

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
The mint bar is hit or miss. I believe since the mint mix ins are not fixed, some bars have a lot, moderate or little, that is what makes it hit or miss. I enjoy them when I gwt a lot of mint and find them mediocre when they have minimal mint pieces.

Apple pie is great. Have you ever warmed it?
Ahhh, you beat me to it! 8-10 seconds in the microwave = winning!

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Gonna have to go shopping! I didn't even realize apple pie was a flavor of theirs.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ahhh, you beat me to it! 8-10 seconds in the microwave = winning!
Try it in the broiler for a few minutes.

Gonna have to go shopping! I didn't even realize apple pie was a flavor of theirs.
Keep in mind, the apple pie I'm referring to is the OG formula. Seems like more and more people are moving away from quest since the ingredient switch.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
One of the best flavors IMO. the apple chunks are HNNGG, have not tried the new reformulation i have a full box.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
With the mint I like the flavor and mix-ins; it's just dry. Same with cookies and cream to me.

Guess that's why I like the Apple Pie and cookie dough -- they felt more moist.

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
I liked the pumpkin /graham flavor and texture difference from other bars. Its pretty good, the fats are a little bit high for me. I use to like quest when they had some bars with fat around 4.5-7 now most are 7-9 which doesn't seem like a huge difference but 4.5 to 9 while cutting is substantial IMO.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
With the mint I like the flavor and mix-ins; it's just dry. Same with cookies and cream to me.

Guess that's why I like the Apple Pie and cookie dough -- they felt more moist.
The mint chocolate were very dry when I tried them as well. CnC is usually soft, but I haven't tried to new formula so maybe things have changed. I'm still waiting on oatmeal raisin...

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I was not a fan of the Pumpkin Pie & I love all things pumpkin. My favorites are still the OG apple pie, cookies 'n creme, & lemon creme pie. Found the pumpkin pie to be bland & I'm not a fan of the harder coating on them. Even my son wasn't a fan.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I was not a fan of the Pumpkin Pie & I love all things pumpkin. My favorites are still the OG apple pie, cookies 'n creme, & lemon creme pie. Found the pumpkin pie to be bland & I'm not a fan of the harder coating on them. Even my son wasn't a fan.
Agree here. They are rock hard and the pumpkin flavor is just not there being a pumpkin lover. Must be spoiled on the other delicious pumpkin things we have ate
For a protein bar not bad, but i am sure other companies could perfect pumpkin pie to a better degree

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Agree here. They are rock hard and the pumpkin flavor is just not there being a pumpkin lover. Must be spoiled on the other delicious pumpkin things we have ate
For a protein bar not bad, but i am sure other companies could perfect pumpkin pie to a better degree
The only problem is Quest only makes a pumpkin pie bar from what I see on the market. Hopefully some other companies will release some next year.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I agree!! I may try my hand at my own. I've made pumpkin protein muffins, pancakes, bread already this year. Why not try proteins bars. I make my own granola bars...so maybe it won't be too difficult. I'm sure you could master them!!! ;)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I agree!! I may try my hand at my own. I've made pumpkin protein muffins, pancakes, bread already this year. Why not try proteins bars. I make my own granola bars...so maybe it won't be too difficult. I'm sure you could master them!!! ;)
I have recipes for all of those. Just no pumpkin protein powder :) i just sub in vanilla / cinnamon protein powder and use Libby's Pumpkin.