Creatine while cutting???

CoreyL.A.

CoreyL.A.

Awards
Thinking about swinging by the local GNC and scooping up some mono. Im currently trying to cut....trying lmao, losing weight is where I fall short. Anywho, my logic is maybe the fullness the creatine gives your muscles will actually help keep or maintain muscle mass while trying to shed some bf.

Any insight???

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
It can help preserve a muscle but the key is going to be getting enough calories while still maintaining a deficit. I have gone too low many times unfortunately and it always results in much more muscle loss than I would want.

I would opt for something like ergonine or bulk leucine during a cut before I utilized creatine solo. If your having trouble losing weight you're calories are probably too high. What is your tdee?

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yes it would be very beneficial during a cut. Keep that training performance up to keep sessions productive and more beneficial. :)

drswsdc

drswsdc

Awards
I would stick with micronized creatine monohydrate to avoid the potential bloat that can come with creatine and get in the way of your cut!

CoreyL.A.

CoreyL.A.

Awards
It can help preserve a little muscle but the key is going to be getting enough calories while still maintaining a deficit. I have gone too low many times unfortunately and it always results in much more muscle loss than I would want.

I would opt for something like ergonine or bulk leucine during a cut before I utilized creatine solo. If your having trouble losing weight you're calories are probably too high. What is your tdee?
I've heard of creatine anhydrous, never really looked into it tho, what's the difference with that and regular mono?

And my calories are fine usually considering I'm basically bulking I just eat like a beast and lift like one, but I'm going for a cut currently something Ive never attempted so definitely tweaking my diet right now.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I've heard of creatine anhydrous, never really looked into it tho, what's the difference with that and regular mono?

And my calories are fine usually considering I'm basically bulking I just eat like a beast and lift like one, but I'm going for a cut currently something Ive never attempted so definitely tweaking my diet right now.
Most people respond just fine to cheap old mono.

If however you experience any bloating on mono you could try creatine nitrate, HCL, or any of the other forms which claim (but lack some science) to cause less water retention/bloating.

It should be noted that water storage with creatine is intracellular NOT extracellular, so it will not hinder any asthetic results from cutting.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Creatine is always useful and especially while trying to cut. I'd definitely make sure it's in your arsenal.

And mono is so cheap there's no reason not to (again, unless for one of the bloating or other reasons mentioned above that some people have).

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I would stick with micronized creatine monohydrate to avoid the potential bloat that can come with creatine and get in the way of your cut!
Creatines MOA is to pull water inaide a cell - its not going to matter which form you use, they will all do the same. Often the lack of "bloat" is because the serving sizes of the other are actually lower

CoreyL.A.

CoreyL.A.

Awards
Thanks everybody for the input, ill most likely swing by GNC and grab a thing of ON micronized creatine, seemed the cheapest and a pretty trustworthy brand.

drswsdc

drswsdc

Awards
Creatines MOA is to pull water inaide a cell - its not going to matter which form you use, they will all do the same. Often the lack of "bloat" is because the serving sizes of the other are actually lower
Okay I see! I was going off of user reviews but that might just be because they are pounding way too much creatine mono lol

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Stuff's healthy too, make it a staple.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
It should be noted that water storage with creatine is intracellular NOT extracellular, so it will not hinder any asthetic results from cutting.
^^ This.

Also, it pulls water into muscle cells, not adipose tissue, so you're fine to use it on a cut.

CoreyL.A.

CoreyL.A.

Awards
^^ This.

Also, it pulls water into muscle cells, not adipose tissue, so you're fine to use it on a cut.
Ah, thanks bro. So what's all the hype around people constantly relating creatine mono with bloating? I've heard it a million times lmao.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ah, thanks bro. So what's all the hype around people constantly relating creatine mono with bloating? I've heard it a million times lmao.
A lot of times somebody will swear to me that nothing else in their diet has changed except for the creatine, but then after a few questions, they're admitting to the true culprits for bloating.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
5grams a day will keep the gain thieves away.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
I tried explaining this to a kid in a different thread about ergonine. Scientifically speaking, creatine pulls water into muscles which is not the same as subcutaneous (directly under the skin). So the bad "bloating" people think they get from creatine is all in their head and stems from a myth that keeps getting propagated by novice lifters who read too many bbcom articles.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks everybody for the input, ill most likely swing by GNC and grab a thing of ON micronized creatine, seemed the cheapest and a pretty trustworthy brand.
Or you could grab Ergonine which is very affordable and contains many other ingredients that will help you down your path to shredsland! :)

CoreyL.A.

CoreyL.A.

Awards
Ummmm what's the deal with this loading shiz, I know some people completely skip that all in all.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Ummmm what's the deal with this loading shiz, I know some people completely skip that all in all.
Not really needed. I wouldn't stress about it tbh.

CoreyL.A.

CoreyL.A.

Awards
Picked up a bottle of ON micronized creatine today from GNC (hate going in there) and dude tried to lecture me and school me on everything like literally everything about creatine. How do you plan on taking it? ......ummm with water jackass how about yourself? Then was constant on trying to sell me there brand creatine mono, explained to me how they sell the bigger thing of it for the same price and how they were LITERALLY the same thing. And also how ON made all of GNC products??? Is that foreal? Lmao never heard of that but anyways yea ended up getting what I went in for like a boss, you really gotta mentally prep yourself before entering GNC haha.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Picked up a bottle of ON micronized creatine today from GNC (hate going in there) and dude tried to lecture me and school me on everything like literally everything about creatine. How do you plan on taking it? ......ummm with water jackass how about yourself? Then was constant on trying to sell me there brand creatine mono, explained to me how they sell the bigger thing of it for the same price and how they were LITERALLY the same thing. And also how ON made all of GNC products??? Is that foreal? Lmao never heard of that but anyways yea ended up getting what I went in for like a boss, you really gotta mentally prep yourself before entering GNC haha.
Ha, that's one of the reasons I'll never step foot in a GNC.

Howcome you didn't just order it online? True Nutrition has CreaPure (supposedly the best monohydrate available) for like $20 for a 6 month supply.

CoreyL.A.

CoreyL.A.

Awards
Ha, that's one of the reasons I'll never step foot in a GNC.

Howcome you didn't just order it online? True Nutrition has CreaPure (supposedly the best monohydrate available) for like $20 for a 6 month supply.
Oh shizz lol wasn't aware and me being me I wanted it asap, and GNC is a 5 minute drive from my house lol.

cbsharpe

Awards
  • Established
You do realize that GNC stands for "Got No Clue" right? Stay far away from that store.....

CoreyL.A.

CoreyL.A.

Awards
You do realize that GNC stands for "Got No Clue" right? Stay far away from that store.....
Lmao yea I've heard that but I figured hey, I know what I want just walk in and buy it lol.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
ON and a few other brand names, are owned by the parent company Glanbia. They operate dairys too. No idea on the actual mfgs of all of GNCs product line, but it wouldn't surprise me if some of their protein came from Glanbia. Every industry is like this - there are a few OEMs that actually make the stuff, and a ton of "brands" that just buy it and slap a label on it. Most of these herbal extracts are coming from companies in India and China (Here's one in India that will make and sell you your very own branded super-supplement: Stiriti Ayur Therapies Private Limited ***************.com/index.html ) As for the Creatine, as long as it says Creapure (although others may be quality too) get the cheapest Mono you can find.

CoreyL.A.

CoreyL.A.

Awards
ON and a few other brand names, are owned by the parent company Glanbia. They operate dairys too. No idea on the actual mfgs of all of GNCs product line, but it wouldn't surprise me if some of their protein came from Glanbia. Every industry is like this - there are a few OEMs that actually make the stuff, and a ton of "brands" that just buy it and slap a label on it. Most of these herbal extracts are coming from companies in India and China (Here's one in India that will make and sell you your very own branded super-supplement: Stiriti Ayur Therapies Private Limited ***************.com/index.html ) As for the Creatine, as long as it says Creapure (although others may be quality too) get the cheapest Mono you can find.
Oh wow I learned something new lol. And thats why I went with ON creatine mono because its made with creapure and its micronized, and the cheapest lol.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 20
R1balla Supplements 17
tommytucker69 Supplements 3
BigMfer Weight Loss 1
Weight Loss 1