Ecdysteroids from quinoa

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Danes likes ecdysteroids!
Oooh yes ! One of the best stuff you can take but it IS expencive like hell.
Right now, I am working on something pretty big. Getting some info from one of the best experts on edysteroids. Will explain how it exactly works in humans ++++ .
Funny how still many of those "experts" still keep saying ecdysteroids are not working in Humans.

GettinSwolen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not me to be honest. But it would not hurt :)
Personaly, I would complex ecdysteroids with absorption enhancers
Any supps you would recommend? Only ones I really noticed out there were omnibolic and m-stak

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any supps you would recommend? Only ones I really noticed out there were omnibolic and m-stak
At the moment, no one actually.
I am curious on Most Wanted which is Complexed with Cyclodextrin for absorption and bioavailability. There is actually russian study proving that.
I do like the whole idea but I have not tried Most Wanted and I cant say anything about it before I try it. I am getting 6 bottles soon so I will let you know how it worked for me.

Most of Ecdysterone products are underdosed or contain horriblr quality , and some dont contain any ecdysteroids at all.

GettinSwolen

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At the moment, no one actually.
I am curious on Most Wanted which is Complexed with Cyclodextrin for absorption and bioavailability. There is actually russian study proving that.
I do like the whole idea but I have not tried Most Wanted and I cant say anything about it before I try it. I am getting 6 bottles soon so I will let you know how it worked for me.

Most of Ecdysterone products are underdosed or contain horriblr quality , and some dont contain any ecdysteroids at all.
Thanks for the info, hopefully you run a log or at least update on how Most Wanted treats you. Have been interested in Ecdysterone for a while now but never found any supp that panned out.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the info, hopefully you run a log or at least update on how Most Wanted treats you. Have been interested in Ecdysterone for a while now but never found any supp that panned out.
Its tricky to find a good source . Believe me. Been interested in ecdystroids more than 10 years and best ecdystrone I have tried was 98 HPLC tested (got from Russia and my friend sent to a lab for testing.just for fun). It was 98% HPLC tested and it really worked

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Its tricky to find a good source . Believe me. Been interested in ecdystroids more than 10 years and best ecdystrone I have tried was 98 HPLC tested (got from Russia and my friend sent to a lab for testing.just for fun). It was 98% HPLC tested and it really worked
Yep ecdy's out there suck right now. Under dosed, low quality or both.

Waaay back when I ran good ecdy, my muscle fullness during the day was ALMOST (i said almost) as good as when on HDROL (for reference). Granted I ran pretty high doses though. 200-800mg/day. Think I even went up to 1.2g at one point...its been a while so don't remember the exact dose I capped out at.

Cost just got to be way too much and PHs were still not banned back then so couldn't justify it.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
What were the results that determined it worked? I am very interested Most Wanted (along with many other supplements lol). When you start, do you plan on taking as directed ?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yep ecdy's out there suck right now. Under dosed, low quality or both.

Waaay back when I ran good ecdy, my muscle fullness during the day was ALMOST (i said almost) as good as when on HDROL (for reference). Granted I ran pretty high doses though. 200-800mg/day. Think I even went up to 1.2g at one point...its been a while so don't remember the exact dose I capped out at.

Cost just got to be way too much and PHs were still not banned back then so couldn't justify it.
I know exactly what you mean :)
Musclefullness was amazing. It was 24/7 pumped feeling and I felt really bigger. Even my friends and other who are usualy seeing me everyday mentioned my fullness.
Workcapacity was amazing. I could hit same musclegroup harder and more often without messing my CNS.
Strength gains was amazing. Really miss it !
Size gains was impressive too

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What were the results that determined it worked? I am very interested Most Wanted (along with many other supplements lol). When you start, do you plan on taking as directed ?
Look above :)
I am going to run 6 caps at day of MW

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What about Beta-Ecdysterone from a brand called SportsFood.

Supposedly is 99% pure.
I have sadly tried those "99%" pure ecdysteroids. HPLC test shown almost no ecdysterone at all.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Don't know about ecdysteroids but I do love quinoa. Been eating it for a while now

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
It would be wrong if I said yes because I havent labtested the product and I have not tried it either. But I find it VERY interesting because they complexed it with Cyclodextrin for better absorption and it is a proven method
Ok, Most Wanted is defiantly an ingesting supplement but unfortunately it's pretty expensive also, would be fun to try something cheaper first if possible

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, Most Wanted is defiantly an ingesting supplement but unfortunately it's pretty expensive also, would be fun to try something cheaper first if possible
Lets say Most Wanted is 98% HPLC tested . With that purity, the price is not bad at all. Complexing with cyclodextrin is not cheap either.
People want cheap supps but you get what you pay. No chance in this world you will find a top quality ecdy product which is dosed high for just 30-40$. No way.
And if it cost just 30$ , it would definitely be underdosed or low quality.and if underdosed, that means you need 10+ caps daily and that would not be so cheap either

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lets say Most Wanted is 98% HPLC tested . With that purity, the price is not bad at all. Complexing with cyclodextrin is not cheap either.
People want cheap supps but you get what you pay. No chance in this world you will find a top quality ecdy product which is dosed high for just 30-40$. No way.
And if it cost just 30$ , it would definitely be underdosed or low quality.and if underdosed, that means you need 10+ caps daily and that would not be so cheap either
Does a cyclodextrin even do anything to enhance the absorption of these compounds? (rhetorical)

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Tonvara Ajuga Turkestanica (Turkesterone) is what I'd try, if I was to try something in this area - $103 for 8 weeks.

h t t p ://examine.com/supplements/Ecdysteroids/

Turkesterone appears to be the most anabolic.
Like kboxer7 said though, expensive. 8 weeks of LGD is what $70? It is natural though, so no PCT stuff needed, so call it a wash. How well it works is the question - we pretty much know what gains on LGD are.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does a cyclodextrin even do anything to enhance the absorption of these compounds? (rhetorical)
For solubility and biological availability, coclydextrins can really help.
Ecdysteroids have weak adsorption in the gastrointestinal tract due to its hydrophobic properties.

LG sciences Substerone was a fantastic idea. Sublingual ecdysterone product complexed with cyclodextrin.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tonvara Ajuga Turkestanica (Turkesterone) is what I'd try, if I was to try something in this area - $103 for 8 weeks.

h t t p ://examine.com/supplements/Ecdysteroids/

Like kboxer7 said though, expensive. 8 weeks of LGD is what $70? It is natural though, so no PCT stuff needed, so call it a wash. How well it works is the question - we pretty much know what gains on LGD are.
Ofcourse.
I have said many times,ecdysteroids are not costeffective at all and for that price you can buy PA and other supps.

But if money is not the problem, quality ecdysteroids in high doses are really one of the best things you can run naturaly.

Turkesterone IS the strongest Ecdysteroid at the moment but old and new russian studies prove the combination of ecdysteroids in "lower"doses each provide much better results than just one ecdysteroid at higher dose.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Yeah, I hear ya :) I can totally see someone not wanting to injest chemicals. I actually may try the 'Turk' during my 90 day post PCT 'downtime'.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I hear ya :) I can totally see someone not wanting to injest chemicals. I actually may try the 'Turk' during my 90 day post PCT 'downtime'.
Supps are expencive. :) and I do understand why people rather go for anabolics (which cost less and provides much better gains).

storm 011

storm 011

Awards
  • Established
For solubility and biological availability, coclydextrins can really help.
Ecdysteroids have weak adsorption in the gastrointestinal tract due to its hydrophobic properties.

LG sciences Substerone was a fantastic idea. Sublingual ecdysterone product complexed with cyclodextrin.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1443613844.313231.jpg
like this?

storm 011

storm 011

Awards
  • Established
IIRC I heard someone say recently that RCE is the best of all?

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IIRC I heard someone say recently that RCE is the best of all?
Correct. Full spectrum RCE contains the broadest complex of beneficial ecdysterones of any source genus. Further, it contains "The Levseins Complex", which (depending upon who's studies you read) contain a unique grouping of 10-12 ecdysteroids responsible for its outstanding benefits. 2nd best would be a 25:1 Suma extract, but they're rare in the market.

Some of the sapogenin analogs (laxogenin, 25-R) are efficacious at much lower dosing thresholds. They're usually derived from diosgenin, and can reliably improve VO2 max, recovery time from high intensity exercise and wound healing..

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This sadly didnt work for me back in the days at high doses.. although I was younger and careless, now it seems that I can take advantage of a legit supplement and make the best out of it.
LG should be commended on the work they did on that product (UV vs. HPLC testing). However, standardizing for 20-H is likely the reason it didn't work for you. Although 20-H shows up frequently in the literature, it fails to perform orally even in gram doses IMO. Only a transdermal exceeding 1g/day elicited some benefit. This over-standardizing for one particular Ecdy is common in the market and I think in most cases, a mistake. At last count there were 487 Ecdysteroids identified*. With more being discovered every year..

* http://ecdybase.org/

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
LG should be commended on the work they did on that product (UV vs. HPLC testing). However, standardizing for 20-H is likely the reason it didn't work for you. Although 20-H shows up frequently in the literature, it fails to perform orally even in gram doses IMO. Only a transdermal exceeding 1g/day elicited some benefit. This over-standardizing for one particular Ecdy is common in the market and I think in most cases, a mistake. At last count there were 487 Ecdysteroids identified*. With more being discovered every year..

* http://ecdybase.org/
Well now it makes sense. Rep again when Im allowed to

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks man..

I'm a firm believer in QUALITY Ecdy and have used it with great success over the years. The problem has been low quality material flooding the market to drive down price point. Legit RCE isn't easy to procure. The crop peaks in August and the good stuff comes out of Siberia (via the Institute of Chemistry and Plant Sciences in Uzbekistan) and a few select other places.

That and it's been positioned incorrectly as an anabolic by Western supp companies. Adaptogens don't function as anabolics, and require an entirely different optimal use protocol. You'll notice for example feedback is exceptional in those that are dieting. This, due to the fact Ecdy is an adaptogen and it helps your body adapt to a unique biological stressor (the diet). Conversely, people using it on a bulk universally panned it.

It's a fantastic product IF you understand it's MOA..

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Correct. Full spectrum RCE contains the broadest complex of beneficial ecdysterones of any source genus. Further, it contains "The Levseins Complex", which (depending upon who's studies you read) contain a unique grouping of 10-12 ecdysteroids responsible for its outstanding benefits. 2nd best would be a 25:1 Suma extract, but they're rare in the market.

Some of the sapogenin analogs (laxogenin, 25-R) are efficacious at much lower dosing thresholds. They're usually derived from diosgenin, and can reliably improve VO2 max, recovery time from high intensity exercise and wound healing..
Actually Ajuga Turkestanica is better than RCE due to MUCH higher turkesterone levels than RCE (containing up to 10% turkesterone according to ICPS).
Ajuga Turkestanica contains many other ecdysteroids (which gives synergy effect), just like RCE.
The price is different ofcourse :)

20-HE is like other ecdysteroids. Taken oraly, it has horrible bioavailability and absorption. But it can be fixed ;)

Mixelflick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Actually Ajuga Turkestanica is better than RCE due to MUCH higher turkesterone levels than RCE (containing up to 10% turkesterone according to ICPS).
Ajuga Turkestanica contains many other ecdysteroids (which gives synergy effect), just like RCE.
The price is different ofcourse :)

20-HE is like other ecdysteroids. Taken oraly, it has horrible bioavailability and absorption. But it can be fixed ;)
"Better" though is a relative term. Better at building red blood cells/improving VO2 max - sure. Better at whole body nitrogen retention/protein synthesis? Doubtful.

The lone study you'll find where it incorporates leucine better is head to head against 20-H and various other ISOLATED ecdysterones. Not RCE... :)

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
"Better" though is a relative term. Better at building red blood cells/improving VO2 max - sure. Better at whole body nitrogen retention/protein synthesis? Doubtful.

The lone study you'll find where it incorporates leucine better is head to head against 20-H and various other ISOLATED ecdysterones. Not RCE... :)
I do believe that because turkesterone (which is the strongest ecdysteroid) has higher % in Ajuga than in RC (veeery low % of turk found in RC . :)
All those ecdysteroids found in RC is definitely found in Ajuga too . :)

Btw, I am working on a huge thing right now which will suprize you :) will send you email !

storm 011

storm 011

Awards
  • Established

Levseins complex is the main ingredient in the mps i remember.. right?

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Subbed for more discussion as ecdy has always been interesting to me. I used animal mstak many times with good results so I'm interested in what a REALLY high quality ecdy can do

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I do believe that because turkesterone (which is the strongest ecdysteroid) has higher % in Ajuga than in RC (veeery low % of turk found in RC . :)
All those ecdysteroids found in RC is definitely found in Ajuga too . :)

Btw, I am working on a huge thing right now which will suprize you :) will send you email !
Don't forget about your good buddy kboxer :)

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EBol was good, as was isatest and Anabol x by pinnacle

Most wanted did nothing for me even at 3 caps for 8 weeks. Only thing I noticed from it personally way better sleep and slight improvement in chronic hip joint injury I have-- but that's more from the laxo than the ecdy