hate ergonine.

jpnelson1978

jpnelson1978

Awards
Sorry if I offend anyone but we are supposed to be honest right? I got the unflavored thinking all the artificial sweeteners would be absent. I was wrong this product is way over sweetened. I've tried it with everything. It's too sweet to stack with anything else. I never complain of taste but I cannot handle this one. I even try half before and half after. Why can't we just have raw powder version of every product?

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I put it in my protein shake. Love it

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can get raws of each one, but it's a pain in the ass to mix every day

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep everyone has their own opinion and everyones taste buds are different. I as well will just toss it in my shake.

shirt

Awards
Yeah, got the nanoberry and it made me sick almost with how sweet it was. Tossed it after using about a quarter of the tub.

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, got the nanoberry and it made me sick almost with how sweet it was. Tossed it after using about a quarter of the tub.
haven't tried nanoberry? the nanaberry was amazing though ;)

jpnelson1978

jpnelson1978

Awards
America likes things sweet I guess. We have been genetically modified.

test112

Awards
  • Established
Maybe I haven't been around long enough on here but good lord there's an unbelievable focus on the taste of supplements; like pages and pages in some cases.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
If you don't like nanaberry, you are not human.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Maybe I haven't been around long enough on here but good lord there's an unbelievable focus on the taste of supplements; like pages and pages in some cases.
This board is relatively tame in this regard compared to some others.

Mind you, its probably a good sign when much of the discussion is centred on flavours, as it is a possible indicator that the actual formulas of the products are decent (and so dont attract much debate themselves). Plus, no study can prove your flavor preferences wrong; most companies will accept flavour criticisms as long as their formula is still effective.

test112

Awards
  • Established
This board is relatively tame in this regard compared to some others.

Mind you, its probably a good sign when much of the discussion is centred on flavours, as it is a possible indicator that the actual formulas of the products are decent (and so dont attract much debate themselves). Plus, no study can prove your flavor preferences wrong; most companies will accept flavour criticisms as long as their formula is still effective.
Fair point, it's more just the time and attention that people choose to spend on discussing it!

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
I got the unflavored thinking all the artificial sweeteners would be absent. I was wrong this product is way over sweetened.
I have the unflavored and on the label it does not list any other ingredients or sweeteners? The combination of raws must have a sweet flavor to you? I have not tried it by itself so I cannot comment on the flavor of the unflavored :)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have the unflavored and on the label it does not list any other ingredients or sweeteners? The combination of raws must have a sweet flavor to you? I have not tried it by itself so I cannot comment on the flavor of the unflavored :)
I don't get a sweet flavor from it at all. It's not the greatest thing on its own, but to me it isn't sweet. I mix it with my morning protein shake and it works well in that.

chris223

Awards
  • Established
There are precious few moments in my day that I relish as much as stopping to drink my Ergonine. I wouldn't dare mix it with anything other than water.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been using E9 since it was first introduced. I agree that it's very sweet. You have two options: mix it with at least 24 of water (as I do) or mix a tub of nanaberry with a tub of unflavored. I also reduced the scoop amount once I found it's dosed for a 200 lb person and I'm a small 160 lb.

jpnelson1978

jpnelson1978

Awards
Like I said, taste is never a factor for me. This one is just 2 sweet to stack with anything.

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If i'm not mistaken, L-Alanine is naturally sweet, roughly 70% as sweet as sugar. There may be other ingredients that are naturally sweet as well.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Definitely just an ingredient not agreeing with your palate, TMG was like this for a few people but the overall taste to most of us is unflavoured, I would mix the unflavoured in a shake with more water/milk

Sweetness will be killed by more liquid volume, or adding other unsweetened flavours.
Almond milk + whey + E9 is great to me

Or just my Nanaberry in 12oz. Water

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
The title of this was a shock to wake up to lol but feedback is always welcome,

At least I can assure you that it is working, and from 9 angles benefiting you.
It will be a shame if you can't find a way to mix it to your liking

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
nanaberry / blue ice are very sweet for me as well. I stocked up before unflavored came out so I will try that next when the time comes.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is very sweet. Too sweet actually. But, I just mixed it with more water, helped me get more water in for the day as well lol

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
There is no sweetener or flavoring in flavorless it is just the natural taste of the combined raws.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
nanaberry / blue ice are very sweet for me as well. I stocked up before unflavored came out so I will try that next when the time comes.
Blue Ice is about as sweet as HV Blue Frost.

I agree it is a little sweet, but to both Athletix and PES defense, I usually mix E9/HV with 5 oz of water just to get it down. The sweetness is almost overbearing on both, but if you mix it with the amount of water the instructions say (who needs those things tho.. pfft) its actually quite delicious.

As far as unflavored being sweet, thats strange to me. It wasn't sweet at all to me. Even in 5 oz of water. And like others have mentioned, once you throw it in a shake you can't really taste it.

cubs1987

cubs1987

Awards
  • Established
Can't comment on the unflavored, but Nanaberry is probably the best flavored sup I've ever had.

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
If i'm not mistaken, L-Alanine is naturally sweet, roughly 70% as sweet as sugar. There may be other ingredients that are naturally sweet as well.
I believe Betaine is also fairly sweet.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
There is no sweetener or flavoring in flavorless it is just the natural taste of the combined raws.
There ya go. The OP almost made me not want to try unflavored e9. I'll be mixing mine with my pre. I still have 3 tubs of e9 Nana berry to finish though.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Correct. I have tried raw Sustamine (bonded L-Glutamine and L-Alanine) and it had sweet, pleasant flavor.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't notice any change of flavour when I combine my ergonine flavourless to other products other than having to add more water because of the extra powder

uforce

uforce

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
this sounds right up my alley. love it sweet enough to mix in high amounts of water. ala iforce compete and hemavol

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
this sounds right up my alley. love it sweet enough to mix in high amounts of water. ala iforce compete and hemavol
Get Nanaberry than, delicious as hell

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
seems like very few places carry this
Sold direct through Athletix, and on amazon if people choose.

Athletixsports.com where you will also see our current promotion with a BOGO Analyzed Supplement in the products list.
+10% off with "driven"

We offer same day 0.99 shipping and no middle man mark up going through retailers.

Great business model for us

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sold direct through us, and on amazon if people choose.

We offer same day 0.99 shipping and no middle man mark up going through retailers.

Great business model for us
Lol I'm too slow again.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nanaberry and blue ice are both sweet and flavour reviews tend to all be very positive.

Unflavoured definitely doesn't have a super sweet taste. Any taste it has is from the ingredients only.

It isn't delicious on it's own but works well for adding in as well as if someone is avoiding colours and sweeteners. :)

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Correct, flavorless was made for 2 reasons, 1. if someone wanted no added sweetener, flavoring or coloring and 2. for easily stacking with another flavored product. I've mixed it with several other products and never noticed it affecting the taste. I can actually drink it by itself and don't find it bad.

jpnelson1978

jpnelson1978

Awards
I am so sorry to Athletix and my incorrect review of ergonine. I made a huge mistake reviewing this product. The unflavored is not sweet at all. I premix my containers in other smaller plastic containers for the gym and I somehow mixed a whole different product. After some viewers were mentioning it not being sweet I went back to the container to find it full. My deepest apologies to ergonine. I will leave my honest review of it as soon as I get a chance to see the benefits. I honestly have 20 products in my cabinet and was careless.

Athletix

Athletix

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Not a problem, the discussion hopefully reminded some people that flavorless does provide a great stacking option.