JYM supplements

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking at the pre workout, multivitamin, zma, fish oil, post workout supplements. Are they any good?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Pre workout is good. Post workout is good imo too. Best watermelon flavored supp I've tried

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haven't tried them personally but my friend likes pre and post jym

deepseajs

deepseajs

Awards
  • Established
Pre and post are good to go. I just bought some fish oil but haven't started using it yet. Seems good tho, it's dosed properly unlike a lot of other brands and no proprietary blends

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You could buy a lot of other pre-workout, fishoil, multi's for far cheaper and get a better product, you are mostly paying for the brand.
You could easily buy OxiMega from CL and get 2-3g EPA/DHA for cheaper (4 caps) Sometimes nutra has bottles for 7-8$ each same with 1RM Supplements when on sale.
Pre-workout --> Steel Edge (AEN), White Rapids (CL), Conqu3r (OL) are all quality pre-workouts and for cheaper they could give you as good if not better workouts
Multi Wise --> OT is damn cost effective as has a joint/digestion complex to boot over Jym's product. (20$ at nutra or 1rm supplements)

The need for a post-workout is minimal. Go home and have a meal and save yourself 30$ on a supplement that is not going to be necessary for most since food is overlapping into the post-workout period and the whole anabolic window is far from the truth. You would be better off making a shake or meal and saving your $$

When are Carbs and Protein VERY Important Post-workout?

Carbs:
- During leg Training + HIIT Cardio or doing a 2-3 hour intense workout session
Protein:
-Resistance Training in a fasted state (no meal consumed at least 3-4 hours prior)

When are Carbs and Protein of lesser importance Post-workout?

Carbs:
- 1-2 hour training session after a pre-workout meal (Small or mixed 2-3 hours prior to session)
Protein:
- Training after a meal composed of 20-40g Protein at least 1-2 hours prior to a workout in a fed state.

Overall Cliffs:

- Nutrient Timing can be beneficial but window of opportunity is not as big as believed
- Provided protein rich meal 3-4 hours prior to training, there is no stress about immediate post-workout protein supplement or meal
- Consume .4-.5g/kg of LBM in a pre/post workout exercise window spaced 4-6 hours depending on meal size.
- Post workout carb intake does not meaningful increase aabolicsm unless doing a 2 a day workout session involving same muscle groups. Glycogen is not a limting factor if you can consume enough Carbohydrates daily in the 24 hour period.

ZMA you could pass ,most chances are you get plenty of Zinc/Magnesium on the daily norm. I would skip that and stick to the essentials.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I've tried the pre, post and ZMA. The pre is really good. Cherry Limeade tastes amazing, RL tastes like medicine-y ass. Post tastes great but that and ZMA(personally not a fan of ZMA) is prob a waste of your money. Never tried the Omega but the 1:1 ratio and price makes it prob one of the best, if not the best, on the market and it's his first actual cost efficient supplement too.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've tried the pre, post and ZMA. The pre is really good. Cherry Limeade tastes amazing, RL tastes like medicine-y ass. Post tastes great but that and ZMA(personally not a fan of ZMA) is prob a waste of your money. Never tried the Omega but the 1:1 ratio and price makes it prob one of the best, if not the best, on the market and it's his first actual cost efficient supplement too.
I've recently started taking ZMA again and I feel better rested and better recovery. also, I noticed that JYM fish oil has more DHA than oximega. That 1:1 ratio is definitely better than the oximega ratio of epa/DHA

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I've recently started taking ZMA again and I feel better rested and better recovery. also, I noticed that JYM fish oil has more DHA than oximega. That 1:1 ratio is definitely better than the oximega ratio of epa/DHA
cost wise to buy oximega and take 4 caps will beat out jym, in the end your saving more money instead of paying for his name.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
cost wise to buy oximega and take 4 caps will beat out jym, in the end your saving more money instead of paying for his name.
I see your point cost wise and I thank you for helping me out. But what about that DHA? There's more with JYM compared to oximega.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1443309173.367780.jpg

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
on BB.com(Canadian version) Omega Jym is 5 dollars cheaper than Oximega and has a buy 2 get 5 off....so.....

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i got OxiMega for 7$ last year on sale on a BOGO Sale + 10% off sale, nearly bought 15 bottles!

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
i got OxiMega for 7$ last year on sale on a BOGO Sale + 10% off sale, nearly bought 15 bottles!
Sounds like a crazy deal. I don't take fish oils anyways bc I eat Salmon and Tuna 3-4 times a week.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sounds like a crazy deal. I don't take fish oils anyways bc I eat Salmon and Tuna 3-4 times a week.
i have a food intolerance to fish I can't eat it, hence why i use Fish oils daily.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
i have a food intolerance to fish I can't eat it, hence why i use Fish oils daily.
Ooooo I always wondered why you always say you don't eat fish. I just thought you hated it intensely. I know a bunch of people like that.