Question about which type of tribulus to use for PCT....

bizzare_777

Awards
I am about to add tribulus to my pct to help with the LH. I was considering purchasing the trueprotien.com tribulus. Many people have been claiming that the only tribulus that would have any effect would be the Tribestan version. So now im debatin on which way to go before i make my purchase. Trueprotein.com seems to have the best price thus far. Help me out, please.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am about to add tribulus to my pct to help with the LH. I was considering purchasing the trueprotien.com tribulus. Many people have been claiming that the only tribulus that would have any effect would be the Tribestan version. So now im debatin on which way to go before i make my purchase. Trueprotein.com seems to have the best price thus far. Help me out, please.
Endotest is the best trib I've used. I get acne, wood, and great pumps from that stuff.

bizzare_777

Awards
Poison,

is that brand of trib. just tribulus terrestris?? i was reading some info on tribestans trib and they claimed that regular trib terrestris has no effect. This would be the trib. made by Sopharma.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
I've used Tribex, Vitrix, and Optimum Nutrition's Tribulus 625, they all seemed pretty comparable, nothing really stuck out to me about either of them being better. On my last pct I ran the ON 625 caps and took 10 pills/day for 6250mg of tribulus a day, the stuff is so cheap it is affordable to dose it really high, never really had any libido problems coming off cycle, so I am assuming it worked just fine. The other trib products I want to try are Tribosten by Thermolife and FUZE by Primaforce, which is pretty much the same product as Syntrax's FUZU which I have heard was very good. What I am wanting to run for my upcoming post cycle here in a couple weeks is the ON tribulus (I would like to try a different brand, but have some left over), Rhodiola Rosea, Fenugreek, Long Jack, and low dose DHEA, I think that would give a pretty good libido boost, may be a bit overkill. I am running pretty low on money right now, so I doubt I get the Rhodiola and Longjack. BTW, I was going to dose the Rhodiola at ~1-1.5g/day and the Long Jack at ~3g/day.

Anybody have any experience with the Rhodiola or Long Jack?

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
Poison,

is that brand of trib. just tribulus terrestris?? i was reading some info on tribestans trib and they claimed that regular trib terrestris has no effect. This would be the trib. made by Sopharma.
Endotest is by SAN

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I've heard good things about Tribestan, but never taken it. I would stay away from cheap trib like Optimums stuff.

Even SAN's tribuvar, though good, is no where near as strong as Endotest.

I've used bulknuts Long Jack, both the 10:1 and the 100:1 they have now. THe 10:1 was vile, I could barely choke it down. It was hydrophilic, too, so it wouldn't mix. The 100:1 is MUCH tastier. :lol:

I 'think' it works, in that I got slight acne, slightly boosted libido, and strangely, I was irritable, or had a MUCH shorter fuse (and I don't buy 'roid rage' too much).

I took two 1/4 teaspoons a day.

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
They only fed the primates 1 gram which isnt much at all considering the usual effects are noticed at 5 G plus.

True protein is THE HIGHEST standardised tribulus available and I would deffenatley reccomend it over all others.

Nate Dawg

Awards
  • Established
From tribulus products, some companies give the % saponin content, others the % protodiscon(sp?) content, and others give the % of both. Which of these is it more important to have a higher % of?

Jay Mc

Awards
They only fed the primates 1 gram which isnt much at all considering the usual effects are noticed at 5 G plus.

True protein is THE HIGHEST standardised tribulus available and I would deffenatley reccomend it over all others.
Where did you get that info on how much they dosed the primates. That was from a very obscure article that I had to go to great lengths to find. It was a supplemental in a very obscure journal and I would be truly amazed if you'd read it. Not being a jerk just saying I think this info may be incorrect. Plus it was dosed IV which I might assume would need lower dosing although I will admit there is no info on first pass metabolism to my knowledge.

Furthmore, re said effects...based on what? What effects? How was placebo effect ruled out. No results in human, no good reason to speculate it has any influence on LH or exercise performance. Why wont people let this stuff go?

Protodioscin is a saponin, one of many in tribulus.

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
My bad I meant the study on Humans that was in that article.

But read hear on the study on the primates

Primates given Tribulus intravenously showed a transient (read, 30 minutes) increase in testosterone and DHT and a longer increase in DHEAS (an increase of about 25-50% for about 120 minutes), ANy effect at all for any amount of time still shows that it does help aid in test production.

Im not saying you could run a cycle of Trib but any help you could possibly get during PCT to increase natty test is always helpful.

The next study evaluated claims that LH and subsequently testosterone levels were increased above normal after ingesting Tribulus extracts [7]. Baseline levels of testosterone and its metabolites in urine and serum were established for all subjects. Participants were then fed a heaping gram of Tribulus daily for 4 weeks. Testosterone levels were checked routinely, and researchers found no significant increase in hormone levels beyond normal day to day variations. This research is the most significant and relevant to our discussion here today. It was conducted on humans and looked for the two variables we are most concerned with: increasing testosterone and, in turn, increasing exercise performance—and in both of these studies Tribulus failed to do either. BUT AGAIN IT IS ONLY A GRAM DOSE

BryanM

Awards
  • Established
I personally know that Trib works to an extent from experience But I have never felt anything off of it from under a 5 gram daily dose Ive gone all the way to 10 Gs.

I have gyno and at anything above 5 Gs my nipples get sensative and I feel growth Notif that is indicating more test to aromatize or anything but it does happen to me.

bizzare_777

Awards
Thx for the input's, guys. Another question i have is...should tribe be takin on an empty stomach or with meals??

Jay Mc

Awards
I personally know that Trib works to an extent from experience But I have never felt anything off of it from under a 5 gram daily dose Ive gone all the way to 10 Gs.

I have gyno and at anything above 5 Gs my nipples get sensative and I feel growth Notif that is indicating more test to aromatize or anything but it does happen to me.
people used to swear by ground up pig testicles too... :trout:

Its your money, so spend it how you want. But I think you'd see the same "results" from DHEA since that is more than likely the mechanism at work. DHEA is the weakest of the androgens and conversion to test isn't guaranteed. I think 1000 mg tamoxifin citrate over 4 weeks is ample. I don't think there's any reason to add in AI's on top of tamoxifin either, I think it should be one or the other. I wouldn't take anything I wasn't absolutely sure about, since trib could very well cause negative feedback to the HPG axis without increasing test I would be hesitant to use it, no one really knows. Anyway, like I said, its your money and your body so you'll do as you like w/both, but in my extensive research on trib I couldn't find any reason to take it. Some people are more reliant on science than others I suppose.

I can't fathom any mechanism by which trib would cause LH secretion. I can see how it might act as an exogenous steroid which would be the last thing you wanted during PCT. Anyway, good luck w/whatever you choose.

J

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
there was a guy that posted his test results before and after trib. after was actually lower. I think it does help with libido though.

Jay Mc

Awards
there was a guy that posted his test results before and after trib. after was actually lower. I think it does help with libido though.
More things can effect libido than androgens. If trib does actually work on a DHEA mechanism DHEA goes to estrogen via aramotase pretty easy. Estrogen would reduce LH, Leydig cells would cut down test production. Things to think about.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
good point. I guess I'd like to know for sure if it works or not. I get the feeling if it does work the effects are minor.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
If you read Sopharmas info on their site, their studies show an increase in test, yes....and in estrogen, 40% increase, IIRC.