High volume vs Hydro3

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Both are a great choice in my opinion. I really enjoyed Hydro3 for the convenience. Its much easier to carry caps if you're on the go. I think both products deliver an incredible pump, and if you compare them at price per serving, Hydro3 blows High Volume out of the water.

I think High Volume overall has a better profile, but there are many great benefits and selling points to Hydro3. Hope this helps

Reactions: GNO
Billd1982

Billd1982

Banned
Awards
Ya I was leaning towards hydro3 too for the price alone...I know here is more in hv but the price per serving is so far apart. Thanks man....any places have sales going on for Olympus lab or is $24 the cheapest in gonna find it?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
High Volume by far.

HV contains Hydromax and Nitrate (Arginine), which is pretty much all Hydro3 (Glycerol + NO3 (Potassium Nitrate) is.

On top of HydroMax and Arginine Nitrate, you're getting L-Citrulline, Agmatine, Taurine, and AmentoMax.

Remember, most won't even need to go to 2 scoops of HV.

Reactions: mw1

Night hog

Banned
Awards
I have only taken Hydro3 once and it definitely works. My muscles were more pumped than normal. One weird thing I noticed is when I was squating my sciatic started hurting. I have never had sciatic issues.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm a big High Volume fan. PES products are awesome and high quality and ive used high volume for awhile now.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have them both. You don't need 2 scoops of HV. I mean, you may, but its highly unlikely. You also shouldn't take HV on leg day. So there are really more than 18 servings. I can make a tub last over a month by using one scoop a day and the pump is solid.

That being said, Hydro3 is easier on the go, mixes easily with any PWO (as opposed to potentially conflicting flavors), and also delivers a good pump. Price is about the same and they last about the same amount of time.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Looking to get one of these....opinions?
I use both.

Both are incredible supps.

HV has a better overall profile, but comes at a higher pricetag. Still a great supp though, and as others have said you prob don't need two full scoops. Some use between 1-1/2 just fine.

Hydro3 - Incredible value for the price. Incredible pump. Most only use 2-3 caps MAX. Greater convenience.

There you have it. I like having both on hand personally. And the Hydro3 bottle lasts FOREVER.

EDIT: There are a few pump pics including one of mine over in the official HYDRO3 thread if you want to check them out.

Billd1982

Billd1982

Banned
Awards
I've tried hv and enjoyed it...just got the pes insider for new flavor but I want to give the hydro a try after reading the write up on price plow since its pills, convenient, and cheaper for a ton of pills. Thanks for the responses!

Reactions: GNO
yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya I was leaning towards hydro3 too for the price alone...I know here is more in hv but the price per serving is so far apart. Thanks man....any places have sales going on for Olympus lab or is $24 the cheapest in gonna find it?
Nutraplanet and phw are having big sales on OL right now, should be able to grab a bottle of hydro3 for about 18$

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I have them both. You don't need 2 scoops of HV. I mean, you may, but its highly unlikely. You also shouldn't take HV on leg day. So there are really more than 18 servings. I can make a tub last over a month by using one scoop a day and the pump is solid.

That being said, Hydro3 is easier on the go, mixes easily with any PWO (as opposed to potentially conflicting flavors), and also delivers a good pump. Price is about the same and they last about the same amount of time.
I love high volume on leg day. :D Helps with endurance for me personally.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love high volume on leg day. :D Helps with endurance for me personally.
Everyone has always told me to avoid it so I've always envisioned myself taking it and my legs getting so pumped they explode.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Everyone has always told me to avoid it so I've always envisioned myself taking it and my legs getting so pumped they explode.
That's exactly what happens to me haha. After I warm up, squatting becomes extremely difficult haha. The leg pump too intense.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If I use it for legs, I won't go over 1 scoop for that reason...learned the hard way.

I've been dieting hard, looking flat, and have barely had any carbs all week. That said, High Volume helped me feel better this morning.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1443197710.355970.jpg

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I really like hydro 3 for the convenience of the caps as well. Great product and definitely delivers results. However high volume is a much more comprehensive formula. I had alot better of a pump on 2 scoops hv then on 4 caps hydro3. Both are really good none the less.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I really like hydro 3 for the convenience of the caps as well. Great product and definitely delivers results. However high volume is a much more comprehensive formula. I had alot better of a pump on 2 scoops hv then on 4 caps hydro3. Both are really good none the less.
Yeah, its kinda hard to compare the two. Not quite apples to apples, and they both have their place.

Another great feature of HYDRO3 that I forgot to mention is reduction of BP. While both supps reduce blood pressure, I find that HYDRO3 has a MUCH longer lasting effect in this regard. Great to take while on high stims, a cycle that impacts BP, or for general health.

KNO3 Plasma.png

Billd1982

Billd1982

Banned
Awards
Appreciate all the responses, I went with the Hydro3 this time around to give it a shot. Probably just gonna run it solo with a caffeine tablet.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Appreciate all the responses, I went with the Hydro3 this time around to give it a shot. Probably just gonna run it solo with a caffeine tablet.
Let me know how it goes and if you need help with dosing or anything just hit me up man.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
While both supps reduce blood pressure, I find that HYDRO3 has a MUCH longer lasting effect in this regard. Great to take while on high stims, a cycle that impacts BP, or for general health.
This makes absolutely no sense, and is impossible to quantify (not to mention incorrect).

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
This makes absolutely no sense, and is impossible to quantify (not to mention incorrect).
I wasn't "scientifically" comparing the BP reduction between the two. Way too many factors come into play to do that correctly.

What I was stating is that I "personally" see my BP reduced longer with HYDRO than with HV.

I've checked on a couple occasions at intervals of every 1 hour for 8 hours.

Is that the most scientific? No, surely not. Are there other factors that come into play? Heck yeah, a LOT of them.

But for me, my pre BP measurement vs post over time showed enough of a sustainable drop in BP that for myself (if my goal in reduced BP over an extended period of time), HYDRO is what I use.

I should note that I typically only use 1-1.5 scoops HV.

Others' results may, and probably do vary.

btw, I'm a fan of High Volume as well and have a tub on hand as I type. So no disrespect to the product.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, its kinda hard to compare the two. Not quite apples to apples, and they both have their place.

Another great feature of HYDRO3 that I forgot to mention is reduction of BP. While both supps reduce blood pressure, I find that HYDRO3 has a MUCH longer lasting effect in this regard. Great to take while on high stims, a cycle that impacts BP, or for general health.

View attachment 124225
Is the Nitrate content between supps the same or near equal? How can one be better than the other?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Is the Nitrate content between supps the same or near equal? How can one be better than the other?
Hey bud,

I should have clarified. The reduction in BP was from my own personal experience and measurements (check my reply above).

I don't feel either product is "superior" because I feel its not really an "apples to apples" comparison. I love HV and think that both HYDRO and HV have their place.

For me, I like HYDRO for BP reduction as I react well to it and it seems to elicit its effect in that regard for an extended period of time in my case.

I also love HV for a pre, performance, and to look swole for the ladies : )

furion

furion

Awards
  • Established

An organic nitrate or even a nitrate donor should never and would never be used as a sole agent to control BP. It is far too unreliable- especially with chronic dosing.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
If I use it for legs, I won't go over 1 scoop for that reason...learned the hard way.

I've been dieting hard, looking flat, and have barely had any carbs all week. That said, High Volume helped me feel better this morning.

View attachment 124211
That my friend is a nice looking!

Billd1982

Billd1982

Banned
Awards
The hydro3 caps softer than normal caps? Just asking because got them yesterday and they feel very squishy.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
The hydro3 caps softer than normal caps? Just asking because got them yesterday and they feel very squishy.
They are definitely made of thinner caps than some other products, I noticed that as well. Just don't carry em in your pocket and you'll be fine

Bigdeputy

Bigdeputy

Awards
Just my personal opinion. I prefer HV. I used to be a fan of heavy stim but found that my tolerence levels make it very expensive so I gave HV a try and have yet to have anything come close. And I'm not a big fan of any kind of pre in capsule form. I guess it comes down to personal preference. PES has been top notch every time I have ordered from them and they put a ton of money into the products they make instead of the package it comes in.

Billd1982

Billd1982

Banned
Awards
You think an OEP with the Hydro completely negate the pump?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Both are good products. I'm currently using both. 1 scoop High Volume and 4-5 caps OL Hydro
I have also experimented with stacking the two, the pumps are incredible. Never went as much as 5 caps of Hydro3 though, that's intense haha

Billd1982

Billd1982

Banned
Awards
I've done 3 pills the last 2 workouts ...solid but nothing insane.

Billd1982

Billd1982

Banned
Awards
Eat around 2200 calories a day....diet isn't too strict but I don't gorge on trash all day.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
does anyone notice any benefit of dosing Hydro3 on off days?

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gotta go with high volume personally.

But I'm pretty bias towards either buying comprehensive products, or single ingredients.

If you want affordable, go for the Hydro3, if you want max effects, high volume.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like hydro3 bc carrying around tubs/shakers is not as convenient as pills and I find the effects of both to be comparable. I feel better taking hydro3 on off days as well, usually before a meal.