Olympus Labs BloodShred Raw Edition
    Hardcore Edition coming Veteran's Day!

2. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    You mean one of these ?
    review/thoughts???
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Whats up with the low dose of rhodiola
    May have been a flavor issue but I do know the raws for rhodiola are CHEAP so it definitely isn't a cost factor.
    WWW.IRON-LEGION.COM

Iron Legion Company Representative

4. Quote Originally Posted by nostrum420 View Post
    May have been a flavor issue but I do know the raws for rhodiola are CHEAP so it definitely isn't a cost factor.
    Ya i know that is a good possibility. But it has me scratching my head because its not the OL way to underdose things
  5. The New Product Release Thread

Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Ya i know that is a good possibility. But it has me scratching my head because its not the OL way to underdose things
    So for anti fatigue, 50mg at 3% rosavin 1% sali extract has been shown effective. How is it under-dosed, in this fat burner/energy product?

Not to mention most will be likely using more than the 1 suggested serving across the space of a whole day. Then we have a solid high dose of salidrosides in Tr1umph...which undoubtably many will concurrently be using.
    OLYMPUS LABS
    Aussies interested in OL Product's shipped locally and US prices, PM me.
    [email protected]
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post
    So for anti fatigue, 50mg at 3% rosavin 1% sali extract has been shown effective. How is it under-dosed, in this fat burner/energy product?

Not to mention most will be likely using more than the 1 suggested serving across the space of a whole day. Then we have a solid high dose of salidrosides in Tr1umph...which undoubtably many will concurrently be using.
    Please, sir, might I have a link? Srsly, I'd love to take a look. I've been running some experiments in my laboratory with rhodiola but most of the literature I've seen does show higher dosing.
    WWW.IRON-LEGION.COM

7. Quote Originally Posted by nostrum420 View Post
    Please, sir, might I have a link? Srsly, I'd love to take a look. I've been running some experiments in my laboratory with rhodiola but most of the literature I've seen does show higher dosing.
    Obviously you are asking this rhetorically, i know who you are and know you have the ability to research. The study i referred to is

"A double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study of the stimulating and adaptogenic effect of Rhodiola rosea SHR-5 extract on the fatigue of students caused by stress during an examination period with a repeated low-dose regimen"

Obviously higher doses have and are used in the majority of rhodiola literature, thats not the point. Perhaps you can school me on why the dosage our R&D chose to include in the product to complement the stim blend is too low. Thanks sir
    OLYMPUS LABS
    [email protected]

8. Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post
    Obviously you are asking this rhetorically, i know who you are and know you have the ability to research. The study i referred to is

"A double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot study of the stimulating and adaptogenic effect of Rhodiola rosea SHR-5 extract on the fatigue of students caused by stress during an examination period with a repeated low-dose regimen"

Obviously higher doses have and are used in the majority of rhodiola literature, thats not the point. Perhaps you can school me on why the dosage our R&D chose to include in the product to complement the stim blend is too low. Thanks sir
    Ok that last bit makes sense. I genuinely was confused. I by no means was calling out OL rather trying to get an explanation by people smarter than my, like your self.

Sorry if it came of different than that.

9. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Ok that last bit makes sense. I genuinely was confused. I by no means was calling out OL rather trying to get an explanation by people smarter than my, like your self.

Sorry if it came of different than that.
    Na all good man, i responded to your question with an explanation.
    OLYMPUS LABS
    [email protected]

10. Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post
    Na all good man, i responded to your question with an explanation.
    I understand and i like that, just want to make sure. Much appreciated

11. Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post

Is it possible to take to much rhodiola?

12. Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post

SHR-5 is closer to 3% rosavin & 2% salidroside, and I'm pretty sure that study used 50mg twice daily (or 100mg/day). Either way, that's pretty much the exact dose you have (100mg of 3% & 2%).
    Performax Labs Online Rep.
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by josun View Post
    That sounds like a challenge!

Watch for a contest in the company promo section!

jk
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve

14. Quote Originally Posted by josun View Post
    There's a point of diminishing returns at the least, where more rhodiola doesn't provide any additional benefits (for example, 555mg SHR-5 wasn't significantly more effective than 370mg).
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

15. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    SHR-5 is closer to 3% rosavin & 2% salidroside, and I'm pretty sure that study used 50mg twice daily (or 100mg/day). Either way, that's pretty much the exact dose you have (100mg of 3% & 2%).
    Yeah, sorry i'm posting here at 7am on an iphone lol, It was suppose be a 2. I will confirm tonight on 50mg twice daily, have the full text on my home comp. Either way it's not really a relevant factor in context of our product lol, was just making a point.

Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    There's a point of diminishing returns at the least, where more rhodiola doesn't provide any additional benefits (for example, 555mg SHR-5 wasn't significantly more effective than 370mg).
    Thanks, ive gone much higher than the highest i've seen studied and never really noticed any additional benefits, more a zoned out feeling actually.
    OLYMPUS LABS
    [email protected]

16. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Im qouting you, for a few questions i have, because your a smart guy, but it also not directly aimed at you either. Are there any other active compounds in rhodiola other than rosavins and salidroside? Is there any reason to go with low % extract of those and higher total dose versus higher % extract, other than cost?

17. it appears know one in the UK is going to be stocking the new gaspari range, at least not for a while...

and i can see it being a pain to get the new plasmajet through customs because of the box haha!

18. Quote Originally Posted by DEVANS89 View Post
    it appears know one in the UK is going to be stocking the new gaspari range, at least not for a while...

and i can see it being a pain to get the new plasmajet through customs because of the box haha!
    No the reason why is, Gaspari now has products that have 1,3dim... and... well 1,3dim is illegal almost everywhere. Even in the usa the fda still is claiming it illegal. However are justice system is set up so that these items can be sold, at the moment, while the court case challenging its legality it can be sold. Whereas the uks is set up in such a manner that though dont care and if the governing angcies in charge want it illegal, its illegal with not much to do about it.

19. Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post
    Yeah, sorry i'm posting here at 7am on an iphone lol, It was suppose be a 2. I will confirm tonight on 50mg twice daily, have the full text on my home comp. Either way it's not really a relevant factor in context of our product lol, was just making a point.

Thanks, ive gone much higher than the highest i've seen studied and never really noticed any additional benefits, more a zoned out feeling actually.
    It is 50mg twice daily (I just checked; I'm at my computer now). I like that you guys used the 3% & 2% extract as opposed to the more common 3% and 1% extract.

Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    Im qouting you, for a few questions i have, because your a smart guy, but it also not directly aimed at you either. Are there any other active compounds in rhodiola other than rosavins and salidroside? Is there any reason to go with low % extract of those and higher total dose versus higher % extract, other than cost?
    The rosavins and salidroside are the main things you want. Most of the research uses either 3% R & 1% S or SHR-5, which is about 3% R & 2% S. You want an extract that is standardized with HPLC, not UV (UV will give higher readings; HPLC is more accurate). You could use a lower dose of, say, a 5% R and 3% S extract, assuming you could find one that is HPLC tested (not UV), but it'd probably be more expensive, so there's not really a point. I've always liked an extract that has both rosavins and salidroside; some research says that roasvins don't do all that much, but that a combination of salidroside and rosavins is better than just salidroside, and most of the research uses extracts that contain both. You'll find that a lot high salidroside (>3%) extracts have very low (negligible) rosavin content, so you tend to use 3% R and 1-2% S extracts to have a happy medium that is supported by the research (I'm not going back and checking this post for grammar, I'm in a hurry, so hopefully it makes sense).
    Facebook.com/pmaxlabs
    www.PerformaxLabs.com

20. Quote Originally Posted by rtmilburn View Post
    No the reason why is, Gaspari now has products that have 1,3dim... and... well 1,3dim is illegal almost everywhere. Even in the usa the fda still is claiming it illegal. However are justice system is set up so that these items can be sold, at the moment, while the court case challenging its legality it can be sold. Whereas the uks is set up in such a manner that though dont care and if the governing angcies in charge want it illegal, its illegal with not much to do about it.
    https://blog.priceplow.com/dmaa-supplements/lawsuit

Here is a great read on DMAA, and Hi-Tech vs the FDA.

There also will be a verison of SuperPump 250 without DMAA coming out soon.
    Gaspari Nutrition Representative
    www.gasparinutrition.com
    Use code DOUG30 for 30% off entire order

21. Quote Originally Posted by NoAddedHmones View Post

I'm not saying it is. I'm really not trying to bust balls or anything... I'd honestly never seen literature with that dosing. Actually, it's great news for the work I'm doing, so, I wanted to take a closer look at whatever you guys were referencing. Sometimes people can throw out a quick link to at least an abstract but I'll look around based on the quote you provided. Thank you for posting it.
    WWW.IRON-LEGION.COM

22. Quote Originally Posted by muscleupcrohn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nostrum420 View Post
    I'm not saying it is. I'm really not trying to bust balls or anything... I'd honestly never seen literature with that dosing. Actually, it's great news for the work I'm doing, so, I wanted to take a closer look at whatever you guys were referencing. Sometimes people can throw out a quick link to at least an abstract but I'll look around based on the quote you provided. Thank you for posting it.
    Sorry man, place all over the head some mornings. You and everyone else can probably tell, I am not good at interpreting how people are actually coming across through text.
    OLYMPUS LABS
    [email protected]

23. Good discussion so far. I would simply add that, if there's one thing OL doesn't do, it's purposely under-dose to cut costs, especially on something as relatively inexpensive as Rhodiola. One only has to look at OL's other products to see this.

Now, while I have one too many chromosomes to be part of R&D, I have a few additional thoughts on why it's dosed as it is. Noaddedhmones, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

Larger doses of Rhodiola, like those we typically see used around here for adaptogenic stress reduction, can actually be somewhat sedating in certain people, (myself included). Smaller doses may provide a psychostimulatory effect. A review of a couple studies found the stimulatory effect can be produced with as little as 1.75mg salidroside.

Additionally, the dose used here appears it may also have neuroprotective and seretogenic effects, both of which sound pretty great to me in a stimmed fat burner.

24. Quote Originally Posted by Lynks8 View Post
    Good discussion so far. I would simply add that, if there's one thing OL doesn't do, it's purposely under-dose to cut costs, especially on something as relatively inexpensive as Rhodiola. One only has to look at OL's other products to see this.

Now, while I have one too many chromosomes to be part of R&D, I have a few additional thoughts on why it's dosed as it is. Noaddedhmones, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...

Larger doses of Rhodiola, like those we typically see used around here for adaptogenic stress reduction, can actually be somewhat sedating in certain people, (myself included). Smaller doses may provide a psychostimulatory effect. A review of a couple studies found the stimulatory effect can be produced with as little as 1.75mg salidroside.

Additionally, the dose used here appears it may also have neuroprotective and seretogenic effects, both of which sound pretty great to me in a stimmed fat burner.
    OMG! Finally something ITT other than the latest flavor of bar, I mean that's good to know too but this is the kind of discussion I love!

Thank you guys for sharing!
    WWW.IRON-LEGION.COM

25. Quote Originally Posted by Lynks8 View Post
    Good discussion so far. I would simply add that, if there's one thing OL doesn't do, it's purposely under-dose to cut costs, especially on something as relatively inexpensive as Rhodiola. One only has to look at OL's other products to see this.

Excellent observations as always man, that's just it. Rhodiola adds a great feel and smoothing effect to stimulants, we tested various dosages and found this dosage to be perfect for the product and effects we were after. I find it especially awesome using it fasted in the morning at a full dosage. Everyone is going to love the feel this product provides, and have the alternative alpha-y free option, if it doesn't particularly bode well with them.
    OLYMPUS LABS
    [email protected]
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. The Official Product Request Thread
    By stryder in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 4032
    Last Post: 01-29-2017, 01:54 AM
  2. Don't miss out on the new products!
    By NutraPlanet CS in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-06-2007, 01:09 AM
  3. Question about the new products available at BDC