NA-R-ALA tired?

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
Got a hold on some SAN NA-R-ALA and dose it 300mg morning before carbs.

I'm not that heavy on carbs and usually only go to about 45-50g complex carbs at a time except post workout meal were i usually go to about 80-100g carbs.
The thing is when i take ala i usually get really tired after about 2h even though i take carbs, without it i feel fine.
Ok i thought, let's try with some more carbs and see how i goes but same effect.

Next to lower the dose to 100-200mg and see how it turns out.

But anyhow what does this mean?

Does it mean i have good or bad insulin sensitivity?
Coming from a cut slowly going to a lean bulk with good check on macros and micros (only good carbs/fats) so insulin sensitivity should be good.

Any thoughts?

bonbon

bonbon

Awards
Your carb intake seems pretty low. I've been playing with glucose disposal agents for a while and came to notice that more is not necessary better. Going overboard just makes you hypo, feeling tired and generally just bad. Nowadays I take 500mg berberine first thing at the morning and 100mg regular R-ALA with every meal, and I'm feeling fine

xo0ox

xo0ox

Awards
Yea everything is dose dependent. Will try out 100mg and go from there.

But what I'm really curios about is how different doses affects you if you are insulin resistant or not.

A person with low insulin resistance would need a higher dose ALA to a given amount carbs vs a person with high insulin resistance without felling hypo right?
Dose this means that if you already have good insulin resistance you make you cells hypersensitive to insulin and very fast empty your blood glukose making you hypo if you dose to high?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
^ its unlikely to cause any acute reaction like low blood sugar from just a proper NA+R-ALA dosage.

I would not exceed the label recommendation, you are getting a host of benefits from this (love the supp) as it is.

I would not edit my diet to suit a supplement either, keep your carb/cal intake steady and in line for your goals.

It should only ever improve insulin sensitivity, but use it safely if you are feeling hypo, dizzy, or faint.