Supplements for my scenario

TM0D

TM0D

Awards
Hey all, I've lurked around a lot on this forum and figured it's about time to join and ask some more experienced people than I questions pertaining to me. I am 17, 6'4 and about 175 lbs. I have been lifting for going on seven months now and am looking for some good supplements that won't really give me any bad sides or long-term effects. Right now I take two Opti-Men vitamins in the morning, before I work out I've been taking M-Stak for little over a week and a half now as directed, and after I work out I have a GNC Mass XXX shake with a little bit of creatine. I've added a few pounds recently and want to say I'm somewhere between 12-14% body fat after using some online calculators. I swim in the summer and coming up in the Winter for my high school and am looking to cycle something that could throw on a couple more pounds and make me a bit stronger. Probably within my first 3 months of working out I cycled Blackstone Labs's Ostapure and Anogenin at the same time and it really didn't do ****. Right now I've been contemplating cycling Super DMZ 2.0 by BSL with a liver support and fish oil, and when I'm done, Nolvadex as a PCT. My friend is the same age but shorter and weighing less, and he is on his second cycle of it with the support, fish oil, but isn't using the Nolvadex because he thinks he's fine. He has sort of been pushing me to try it and I'm a bit tempted as being 6'4 puts me on a lanky hardgainer side and I know the results would be quite great. I know the risks I would be putting up with my liver, kidney, and endocrine system in addition to the stopping of my growth (I'm already 6'4:sad3:) and some possible stoppage of growth/development in the frontal area of my brain. Being much smarter than my friend, I would rather not risk ****ing myself up and being 22 in a 30 year old body and was wondering if there were any better supplements you guys could recommend to boost up my strength and size as the swim off-season comes to a close, without screwing myself up as much as Super DMZ (some risks I am willing to take). Any reply is greatly appreciated, thank you and sorry for the whole novel I just wrote.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Your 17 years old. The best supplement you can have right now is food, and lots of it.
Why in the world do you want to even look at PH's at your age?

You should be taking 0 PH's, and you should be focusing on your diet.
the reason you think your a hard gainer is because you don't eat. You do not even need a gainer. You just need more food. Period.

Start with your diet, the reason you don't gain is because your diet sucks and you intake less calories than your body needs.

Eat in a caloric surplus, meaning eating more kcals than you need to maintain in order to gain muscle, size, and strength.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/macronutrient-intake-for-mass-gains-qa.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/training-frequency-for-mass-gains.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/cardio-and-mass-gains.html

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
First off, learn to write paragraphs. This is incredibly hard to read as one chunk of text haha. Glad to hear you did some research before asking your questions. Never allow others to pressure you into taking something you're not comfortable with. You're 17, so honestly I wouldn't suggest using any of the cycles you mentioned above. You're in your prime for muscle growth being at your age, so I would suggest EATING more food, keeping the protein high, and lifting heavy.

If you wanted to look into supplements, I would keep it basic and stick to 5g of creatine a day with your multi, and get some quality protein powder to meet your protein requirements. Nutrition and hard training will be the keys to your success. I would stay away from running any type of prohormones or DS and SARM products until you're at least a few years older. Its not worth the risks at your age, and you really don't need anything to help you grow. Keep your supplement money and go buy chicken breasts and oatmeal.

TM0D

TM0D

Awards
Thank you for reinforcing the better side of me but, the problem with me is exactly what you both said. I need to eat but I can't and it's hard for me, that's why I think the mass gainer is helping a little bit but I think a switch back to whey and possibly adding casein would be good, do you? Right now my cardio is low as I'm pretty bad at running and others forms, swim is really my best option and my gym right now does not have a pool. I am hopefully switching to an LA Fitness soon with one so I should be back on it.

Sorry for my formatting!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thank you for reinforcing the better side of me but, the problem with me is exactly what you both said. I need to eat but I can't and it's hard for me, that's why I think the mass gainer is helping a little bit but I think a switch back to whey and possibly adding casein would be good, do you?
You need 0 supplements
you need food, and lots of it
90/10 beef, whole eggs, whole milk, cereal, trail mix, granola banana's, bagels, honey, rice, pasta, oil's, string cheese, almonds, nuts, nut butters
These should be staples

you can easily make a bowl of 3-4 cups of granola, 2 cups of milk, and a diced up banana + honey on top to get in an easy 800-900 kcals
have a bagel on the side with 3-4 TBSP of peanut butter to add another 300-400kcals in a heart beat.

The reason you struggle to gain weight is because you struggle to focus on your diet. You dont need any supplements. you need to fix your diet. Please read the links i posted for you.

You dont need a casein or a mass gainer, at 17 you can easily eat the protein you need being your weight. You need to man up and start eating and drinking your kcals down.

TM0D

TM0D

Awards
Right now, this is my routine:
Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Shoulders
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Back
Friday: Rest Day (I have work)
Saturday: Biceps and Triceps
Sunday: Rest Day (Also have work again)

I think this is a good schedule and probably pairing it with whey and casein would do me good, if you have another other input or tips please add as I'm trying to be the best I can be right now especially with my Test peaking. Thank you.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Right now, this is my routine:
Monday: Chest
Tuesday: Shoulders
Wednesday: Legs
Thursday: Back
Friday: Rest Day (I have work)
Saturday: Biceps and Triceps
Sunday: Rest Day (Also have work again)

I think this is a good schedule and probably pairing it with whey and casein would do me good, if you have another other input or tips please add as I'm trying to be the best I can be right now especially with my Test peaking. Thank you.
You need to go back to post #1
and realize more powders and pills do not = progress
you cannot supplement a bad diet.
I know your young and you think taking this and that will help, no it wont. nothing replaces quality food, quality calories which is what makes you grow. Not buying more protein supplements. Not buying these test boosters or other supplements. You are brainwashed to think that

Go read the links and pick a basic upper/lower program like Lyle's generic bulking program, westside or look into 5/3/1
Do not go into the one bodypart a day split hitting each bodypart 2x a week will be far superior.

TM0D

TM0D

Awards
I like it. I definitely need to stop being a ***** and do more cardio, and pair it up with a better high protein diet. Thanks man.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I like it. I definitely need to stop being a ***** and do more cardio, and pair it up with a better high protein diet. Thanks man.
If you can't gain weight doing cardio will make it harder to gain weight
Your not making any sense.
You need more carbs and fat. Once your protein is met eating more protein is not going to be more beneficial since anything in excess is stored. It would be better to get more carbs (fuel) for your workout.

TM0D

TM0D

Awards
I'm sorry for the scattered replies I'm reading this then looking at a lot of the links. Regardless of throwing on weight, I know I need some cardio to be a little better in shape for swim in late November, but with this Lyle's routine, on the Thurs/Fri workouts do you recommend replacing the Squat with deadlifts, and it doesn't matter if it's dumbell or cable rows correct? I think I tried this when I first started lifting in the beginning of the year but was turned off because I didn't think it was doing anything because I wasn't sore:sad3: Thanks for being pretty blunt about what to do and how to see some good results I guess I'll be starting this next week. Thank you for the tips I think more kids my age need something like this as alot are stuck in the mindset of SUPPS SUPPS SUPPS like I was about half an hour ago.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Why would you replace a squat and deadlift? Those should be the foundation of your workout routine regardless of goal. They recruit the most muscle fibers in the body and the backbone of lifting with a bench press (the 3 compounds).

You can not replace a good diet. If you do not eat enough guess what you will never grow. I don't care how many pills and powders you swallow you cant replace a diet. Look at some of the biggest guys out there, in their offseason their main reason they gain good size and strength is they are constantly pushing down food and thousands of calories.
You have to sacrafice on the dinner table to make the gains in the gym. You grow out of the gym not in the gym.

Stick to the basics, KISS applies here KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID
Food, Sleep, Rest , Repeat.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If you struggle eating enough then eat pizza and ice cream.