Is going natural worth it?

amdd1124

Awards
I've been thinking about going a more natural route lately, here are my current stats:

Age 45
Height 5'10"
Weight 245
Bench: 335
Squat: 355
Dead: 425

My question is if I decide to go natural, creatine, protein, multi vitamin, fish oil, etc.....will this even help at my age and with my current lifting experience or will I generally be wasting my money? Creatine worked very well for me when I was 25 and just getting into lifting, but I'm not sure 5g will do anything at this point. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
No, its not a waste at all. In fact, many of these things help more than when you're younger. I use creatine daily and can tell when I'm taking it and not just from a prue strenght perspective. And being 42, the pre workouts sometime get this old ass up and going. :lol:

I try to stay away from the less researched items since health is more of a concern now (in your 20's, you care much less)....so I take things like Ubiquinol, Omega's 3's, etc....for pure health reasons.

amdd1124

Awards
No, its not a waste at all. In fact, many of these things help more than when you're younger. I use creatine daily and can tell when I'm taking it and not just from a prue strenght perspective. And being 42, the pre workouts sometime get this old ass up and going. :lol:

I try to stay away from the less researched items since health is more of a concern now (in your 20's, you care much less)....so I take things like Ubiquinol, Omega's 3's, etc....for pure health reasons.
Great thank you! I was thinking about 5g creatine, multi high in A,C,D,B6.B12,E, Omega-3

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Sounds good. I do 5g pre workout every day. There are others things I'm looking into such as curcumin, I3C as well.

I'm also going to try a natural test booster soon to guage if I see any benefits. There is some intersting research on LJ100.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been thinking about going a more natural route lately, here are my current stats:

Age 45
Height 5'10"
Weight 245
Bench: 335
Squat: 355
Dead: 425

My question is if I decide to go natural, creatine, protein, multi vitamin, fish oil, etc.....will this even help at my age and with my current lifting experience or will I generally be wasting my money? Creatine worked very well for me when I was 25 and just getting into lifting, but I'm not sure 5g will do anything at this point. Any advice is greatly appreciated!
I agree with much of what Admin posted. At my age longevity and fit/lean aesthetics are my goals. My knees and back and lingering injuries prevent me from moving the weights I used to and recovery is not what it once was.

Is natural worth it? My heart, prostate, tendons and ligaments and my children and grandchildren would agree that it a good idea.

One note is that if you gained that size and strength through PED use your declining testosterone levels may hinder your ability to sustain such. Any cycling you have done may further inhibit your endogenous testosterone production. Some our age benefit from physiological ranges of TRT.

Spanner

Awards
I recently tried epicatechin and definitely noticed a difference in strength and muscle fullness. My diet remained unchanged and if anything, my training was a bit erratic due to job etc but I put on 1/4 inch on my arms pumped.
I only had one bottle of Vital Epic 2.0 and I am now waiting to try a bit of Epic unleashed.
If you put all of the good sups together the incremental gains should mount up to significant improvement over time

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with Admin. The only newer item I use is (-)-epi, and do not take many supplements for gym/performance reasons. Basically- creatine, agmatine, citrulline, tongkat, and epicatechin.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established

i agree with this but also would like to add you may have to accept for health AND muscle at this age TRT/HRT might be needed, do you have recent blood work checking your hormones? 100-200mg testcyp or enth ew i would rec to most past 40

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree with Admin. The only newer item I use is (-)-epi, and do not take many supplements for gym/performance reasons. Basically- creatine, agmatine, citrulline, tongkat, and epicatechin.
Nice list there... add tmg and its golden!!!

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wasn't a fan. I did use for a short time, though. I wish I could keep dosing effective amounts without the nausea and slight stomach discomfort.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Aware me on tmg. I'm a newb.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Oh jesus..betaine...duh! <----feels dumb now.
Lol I thought you knew ;)

OP natural is my recommendation at your age and thinking of your future.
You can get natural supplements that will absolutely help, not like AAS but with hard work you can still look and feel great.

For some great examples of natural ingredients for bodybuilding purposes you could check out Ergonine at athletixsports.com

But I agree with everything above, put your health first and we have a lot of great guys here to talk to through the transition

Spanner

Awards
Would a low dose of test undeconoate be more effective than all of the Natty options and things like Ostarine?
I ask this because I know it would not be as effective than other AAS but it would have very low sides and be more effective than test boosters.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Some great input in here already. There is definitely stuff on the market that will help and is natural; and it eases your mind of the burden of what "what-if's" of hormonal use when it comes to the potential sides showing up. They're definitely not the same thing, but there's something to be said about the peace of mind that accompanies feeling good. Solid product/ingredient suggestions in here so far, too.

amdd1124

Awards
I agree with much of what Admin posted. At my age longevity and fit/lean aesthetics are my goals. My knees and back and lingering injuries prevent me from moving the weights I used to and recovery is not what it once was.

Is natural worth it? My heart, prostate, tendons and ligaments and my children and grandchildren would agree that it a good idea.

One note is that if you gained that size and strength through PED use your declining testosterone levels may hinder your ability to sustain such. Any cycling you have done may further inhibit your endogenous testosterone production. Some our age benefit from physiological ranges of TRT.
Thanks David, much appreciated. Most of my gains have been either during PH cycles or lately I've been using AB Elite and Erase Pro. I'm not sure where those two fall on the PED scale but I'm guessing somewhere between PH and Creatine. I'll probably go back and forth between natural and ABE and EP.

amdd1124

Awards
i agree with this but also would like to add you may have to accept for health AND muscle at this age TRT/HRT might be needed, do you have recent blood work checking your hormones? 100-200mg testcyp or enth ew i would rec to most past 40
I have not had a recent blood work, but that is something I need to take care of as soon as possible. I'm not completely familiar with the abbreviations you laid out, can you please elaborate? Thanks.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think the real question is continuing to use anabolics worth it? I'm neither pro or con. Just sayin'

Personally the OTC stuff would worry me more than any tried and true old school anabolic.

amdd1124

Awards
Some great input in here already. There is definitely stuff on the market that will help and is natural; and it eases your mind of the burden of what "what-if's" of hormonal use when it comes to the potential sides showing up. They're definitely not the same thing, but there's something to be said about the peace of mind that accompanies feeling good. Solid product/ingredient suggestions in here so far, too.
No doubt......I always hated worrying about what PH's were doing to me on the inside, not to mention the libido issues that no one wants.

amdd1124

Awards
I think the real question is continuing to use anabolics worth it? I'm neither pro or con. Just sayin'

Personally the OTC stuff would worry me more than any tried and true old school anabolic.
If I had to do it all over, I would have just gone with the real thing. PH's work but not as well.

amdd1124

Awards
Thanks for the advice, I just got my results back and I am low. I am heading up to see an Endocrinologist in a few weeks to go on a TRT treatment, probably should have done this a long time ago. The bright side is I'm deadlifting 425 with low t....

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the advice, I just got my results back and I am low. I am heading up to see an Endocrinologist in a few weeks to go on a TRT treatment, probably should have done this a long time ago. The bright side is I'm deadlifting 425 with low t....
Probably the road I eventally will have to go down but I'm holding on for now... :lol:

amdd1124

Awards
Probably the road I eventally will have to go down but I'm holding on for now... :lol:
Hold on as long as you can!!! I'll let you guys know how it works out for those who are wondering about TRT. According to everything I've read it takes a couple of months to kick in, but I should be somewhere between 600-800 by the end of November. I'm looking forward to having morning wood again.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hold on as long as you can!!! I'll let you guys know how it works out for those who are wondering about TRT. According to everything I've read it takes a couple of months to kick in, but I should be somewhere between 600-800 by the end of November. I'm looking forward to having morning wood again.
You should start a log documenting it so we can see how it effects you....I know some of us old farts that are on the edge about it would appreciate it.

amdd1124

Awards
You should start a log documenting it so we can see how it effects you....I know some of us old farts that are on the edge about it would appreciate it.
I will, I go on October 6th so soon after that I'll document it for you guys. I don't want to get my hopes up but it sounds like a new lease on life for a lot of men.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I will, I go on October 6th so soon after that I'll document it for you guys. I don't want to get my hopes up but it sounds like a new lease on life for a lot of men.
Yeah, a lot a guys here will say it is...its why I'm curious.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Yeah, a lot a guys here will say it is...its why I'm curious.
I would say it is,

Were i more comfortable sharing at the time I would have logged my transition.
Although I'm the more rare scenario of running into issues in my prime and without AAS

Heavychevss

Awards
Just an old guy's two cents- reasonable dosages of T are a healthier option than all the natural untested crap we ingest trying to look and feel better. Yes, I'm guilty of trying the latest fad supplements many of which seem effective.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Just curious.. Why are most older guys so reluctant to go on TRT when they have low test?

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just curious.. Why are most older guys so reluctant to go on TRT when they have low test?
I can't speak for most, but there is the possibility of some serious sides. Also, method of administration can come with serious issues. Injection can cause an embolism and transdermal applications can possibly give your wife and kids a beard. It's simply not without risks and guys need to weigh the pros and cons.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ergonine and OL conqu3r would have most of the natty stuff you need. Just add epicatechin and tongkat and you are good to go.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It is primarily the commitment and idea of being on something for the rest of your life. The sides are overplayed and can easily be mitigated with a little care and diligence. However, the benefits FAR outweigh any cons and most that end up getting on can attest to this. Once you can wrap your head around doing something that takes all of 60 seconds once or twice a week, you can enjoy all the advantages we see.

ral

ral

Awards
I'd like to read the updates once he starts logging about trt, 41 here and curious too

amdd1124

Awards
So my appointment is Tuesday and I am hopeful I can start TRT soon. I was searching online for treatments and on the adrogel website, my endo is listed under "where to locate a doctor" so I'm assuming he is open to that. I will start the thread under the Male anti-aging medication forum and I'll do my best to document my progress. I appreciate the interest and the advice!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Androgel is great stuff to me

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im 51andmy libido is sky high and im breaking prs and still building solid muscle I dontthink Trt/hrt is always the automatic solution. You should always look to lifestyle factors first and any dr who doesnt explore these is not holistic in my view. There are supps to optimise your hormonal levels. You dont need sky high test levels to feel or look good

rugger48

rugger48

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Reading this just want to say I will eventually be making this decision.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
I think everyone should get their levels checked by at least the age of 35. I mean it's so ****ing cheap and if you have results that show you have low t you can take it to an anti aging clinic or doctor and boom problem solved. Depending on exactly what you're looking for pricing can be an issue I suppose. By 35 I'd like to be on TRT and prescription HGH if possible. Is that a strange thing to say? I'm kind of laughing at it but I'm actually surprised more people don't want to be on TRT. No PCT sounds great.

amdd1124

Awards
Second appointment for me coming up this week, Endo wants another blood test before going forward. I can see this being somewhat of a long process so I have no idea when or if I will be prescribed TRT, but I will keep you all informed as I go.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think everyone should get their levels checked by at least the age of 35. I mean it's so ****ing cheap and if you have results that show you have low t you can take it to an anti aging clinic or doctor and boom problem solved. Depending on exactly what you're looking for pricing can be an issue I suppose. By 35 I'd like to be on TRT and prescription HGH if possible. Is that a strange thing to say? I'm kind of laughing at it but I'm actually surprised more people don't want to be on TRT. No PCT sounds great.
That is kind of strange only because you are hoping to be on something that requires you to do forever. No one should want that. However, once on and realizing the advantage we have and the benefits, its easy to look back and feel lucky to have the option.

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That is kind of strange only because you are hoping to be on something that requires you to do forever. No one should want that. However, once on and realizing the advantage we have and the benefits, its easy to look back and feel lucky to have the option.
I suppose my question is is this the only solution or option for men post 35 yrs
Feel the view of TRT is rather fatalistic. Perhaps this is in keeping with society's increasingly medicalised view towards health and wellbeing. TRT is not inevitable shame theres a lack of awareness or interest in more holistic approaches

amdd1124

Awards
No it's not the only solution, lifestyle changes can help. He wants me to go that route first so we will see how much that affects T. It's really all individual, throwing out all the crap I've bought at the local supplement shop in the mall should help as will getting off certain types of anti anxiety meds. How much all that will help remains to be seen.

amdd1124

Awards
Update

Sorry guys I won't be able to do a report on TRT as I won't be getting any from the endo. My total testosterone has gone up to 281 ng/dl and free testosterone has gone up to 73.3 pg/ml. The only thing I did differently was have the blood drawn in the A.M. and I have gotten off of Lexapro. I just didn't want to leave anyone hanging as a few of you indicated that you were interested in a report. Hopefully things will continue to go in the right direction.