Casein Protein Reccomendations??

R

rafy99

Awards
For some particular reason, Ive never jumped on the Casein bang wagon. (Not saying I disagree with it), just never gave it a shot.

That being said, any recommendations? Im looking at price per serving overall with mixability coming in second and probably taste last.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you want slow digesting protein for some reason, just mix your whey with milk. Or eat eggs. Or cottage cheese.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I like Trutein which is a blend and has casein protein in it, also ON casein is average as well.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Vitamin Shoppe's BodyTech Micellar Casein is buy one get one half off this month, I've been using that stuff for baking for years. I typically don't use casein for shakes, but the consistency is great for recipes and baking

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Milk with Whey is cheapest, depending on how many shakes you consume (1% Milk is $3.07 where I live). I now get all my protein from RawDynamix - WPC 80 and Milk Protein (make my own blend) for around $10/LB (I do double shot flavoring of Cinnabun).

R

rafy99

Awards
Thanks to all!. Funny thing is, before writing this topic, I would use whey + milk as a midnight snack lmao. Good to know I was on the right track at least. I guess ill stick with that and save some green