Tell me of you think this pre workout stimulant combination is good

onder18

onder18

Awards
My work schedule has changed to night shift Mon-Fri so my workouts have been before work only 30-45 minutes in and out. I haven't really felt the need for a traditional pre workout powder but thought about making my own occasional stimulant mix for my heaviest days only. Though about this.
400 mgs caffeine(2 caffeine pills, Prolab)
600 mgs. Alpha Gpc (2 capsules,Jarrow)
160 mgs amentoflavone(4 caps,Analyzed)
200 mgs theanine(1 cap,Vit.Shoppe)
Mainly wanna know if the theanine and amentoflavone go and if the other ingredients would make a good synergy.
Would only use this once a week or once every other week. Any suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.
All of this would be 30 minutes pre workout.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm 99.5% sure that there isn't a significant difference between 120 and 160 mg amentoflav.

Why only once a week/EOW?

onder18

onder18

Awards
Don't really need it more than that. Only on my heaviest day.

onder18

onder18

Awards
What if I left out the theanine? How do you guys think it would be then?

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
I can only comment on amentomax, I havent noticed anything more on 3 than 2 caps

Comeuppance

Awards
That looks like it would make for some good focused energy. I would suggest, however, switching out for Yerba Mate tablets instead of caffeine anhydrous for a smoother ride of energy, and toss in some citrus bioflavonoid tabs for enhanced caffeine metabolism.

onder18

onder18

Awards
That looks like it would make for some good focused energy. I would suggest, however, switching out for Yerba Mate tablets instead of caffeine anhydrous for a smoother ride of energy, and toss in some citrus bioflavonoid tabs for enhanced caffeine metabolism.
You think I should take out the theanine. I think if I keep the theanine it would be smoother but if I take it out the energy would be more hard hitting. Might even throw in some Concret pills (creatine hcl) and some potassium nitrate pills.

Comeuppance

Awards
You think I should take out the theanine. I think if I keep the theanine it would be smoother but if I take it out the energy would be more hard hitting. Might even throw in some Concret pills (creatine hcl) and some potassium nitrate pills.
I'd go for Hydro3 if you're looking for potassium nitrate - I've found the glycerol and KNO3 combo does wonders. Creatine HCL wouldn't hurt.

Leave the Theanine in. It's nice. You'll have better control and focus, which is better than raging.

onder18

onder18

Awards
I'd go for Hydro3 if you're looking for potassium nitrate - I've found the glycerol and KNO3 combo does wonders. Creatine HCL wouldn't hurt.
I agree about the hydro3, I like Olympus Labs. I'm gonna alternate between using the theanine and not using it. I agree it would make for a smoother ride and sometimes I will want that. I also don't mind raging sometimes. In gonna look into the yerba mate and citrus bioflavonoids. Thanks for the feedback by the way.

onder18

onder18

Awards
Sorry about the funky looking post. My phone was acting up on me.

Comeuppance

Awards
I was unfamiliar with amentoflavone until I saw it in this post just now. There doesn't seem to be a consensus - in fact, there seems to be people adamant on both sides that it either does or does not work. Given what people have said about it, I suspect that the people for which it does not work were taking something else that inhibited the ergogenic effects. A2 and COX2 inhibitors affect many supplements in a way that makes them ineffective - perhaps they're taking yohimbine or NSAIDs? Who knows?

What has been your experience with amentoflavone? Anyone else, please chime in as well. I've got my mouse hovering over the checkout button on Amazon, and curiosity is about to overtake my willpower... but I've already spent so much with these damned labor day sales, and I'd like to hear what you've experienced.

onder18

onder18

Awards
Go for it and get some. Combined with caffeine it seems to give me a very slight boost in strength and a mood boost.

onder18

onder18

Awards
I was unfamiliar with amentoflavone until I saw it in this post just now. There doesn't seem to be a consensus - in fact, there seems to be people adamant on both sides that it either does or does not work. Given what people have said about it, I suspect that the people for which it does not work were taking something else that inhibited the ergogenic effects. A2 and COX2 inhibitors affect many supplements in a way that makes them ineffective - perhaps they're taking yohimbine or NSAIDs? Who knows?

What has been your experience with amentoflavone? Anyone else, please chime in as well. I've got my mouse hovering over the checkout button on Amazon, and curiosity is about to overtake my willpower... but I've already spent so much with these damned labor day sales, and I'd like to hear what you've experienced.
So you think nsaids like aleve would make amentoflavone less effective? I take Aleve about 1 or 2 hours before my workouts to help with a slight case of tendonitis. Can't say I've noticed any difference. I actually react better to a slightly higher dose of amentoflavone, like 4 caps.

Comeuppance

Awards
So you think nsaids like aleve would make amentoflavone less effective? I take Aleve about 1 or 2 hours before my workouts to help with a slight case of tendonitis. Can't say I've noticed any difference. I actually react better to a slightly higher dose of amentoflavone, like 4 caps.
I wouldn't say I think that it would do it - it was an example of a drug interaction that could potentially explain the stark contrast of experiences from "it works very well" to "it doesn't do anything."

I'll have to give it a shot after my next paycheck. Thank you.

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Off the topic but have you tried Cissus for your tendinitis? It's helped mine a lot.

The only Amento I've used is in Norco & I do feel a mood boost. Always wanted to add some to my Pre to see if I notice any strength gains.

onder18

onder18

Awards
Off the topic but have you tried Cissus for your tendinitis? It's helped mine a lot.

The only Amento I've used is in Norco & I do feel a mood boost. Always wanted to add some to my Pre to see if I notice any strength gains.
I do use cissus. Actually it's a staple. It isn't a miracle but it helps s little. I use Usp labs.
Thinking about switching to SNS. I don't stress it too much because it's only a slight bit know tendonitis in my left elbow but sometimes it can be a tad bit annoying.
On a different note. I think you'd like bulk amentoflavone. Search amentoflavone on this forum and you should get alot of info.

Comeuppance

Awards
Universal Nutrition's Sterol Complex is a good source of cissus and a bunch of other things as well. I actually used it when on-cycle for liver support (it has all but a few of the most effective liver support ingredients) and have felt generally excellent since shortly after beginning to take it.

The serving suggestion is 6/day, but I noticed that 8/day is just about perfect. Two pre-workout, two with each meal. Solid product, and I've been having no joint aches or pains like I used to post-workout.