Any suggestions on a high quality whey protein and also affordable

jimbuick

jimbuick

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Just stick with good, trustworthy brands and hunt for the best price between them bruh.

There are approximately 1,000,000,000,000,000 threads on this.

PES, USPLabs, Controlled Labs, Purus, etc.

Comeuppance

Awards
ON Gold Standard is good, MuscleFeast makes a pure isolate that is unflavored - there are honestly dozens of nearly identical products that are whey protein complexes or isolates that are functionally interchangeable.

I just hit the local GNCs and buy whatever is on closeout.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Any suggestions on a high quality whey protein and also affordable
PEScience Select

It is a whey/casein blend though, which I would recommend.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Please check this out https://selectprotein.com/

If reading that doesn't convince you to move away from just using whey, I don't know what will :) Select brings quality and amazing flavors!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep i'd have to agree with everyone else. PES select if probable one of the best you'll find.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PES is probably the best protein, IMO but MyProtein is probably the best value protein. I'm poor so I use MyProtein. Great quality protein, mixes well, tastes pretty good too. No fillers or spiking.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Muscle Feast. No added junk (gums, non-dairy creamer, ect) and naturally sweetened. You can catch their WPI on sale for just under $11/lb and their WPI/WPC blend for $8/lb.

Holland

Holland

Awards
ON (optimum nutrition) gold stabard whey is a great whey protein. Mixes very well and taste definitely deserves a 10/10. Comes in several flavors. mod edit: read the rules.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ON (optimum nutrition) gold stabard whey is a great whey protein. Mixes very well and taste definitely deserves a 10/10. Comes in several flavors. mod edit: read the rules.
If ON is still your favorite protein, I feel bad for you.

Holland

Holland

Awards
I'm not a body builder man. Muscle doesn't float where I'm going. It works for me.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not a body builder man. Muscle doesn't float where I'm going. It works for me.
You don't need to be a bodybuilder to take a protein powder :)

Holland

Holland

Awards
Obviously. But outlook on a whey protein might be a lot different than mine homie. So ease up off my back ?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Obviously. But outlook on a whey protein might be a lot different than mine homie. So ease up off my back ��
Blend > Whey :)

Holland

Holland

Awards
I was there at one point for my size Ive used blended before

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
High quality and cheap aren't typically synonymous with protein powders. I'd opt to spend a bit more on quality protein.

Holland

Holland

Awards
As long as I've been a college athlete. Its helped me quite well. What would you suggest

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
High quality and cheap aren't typically synonymous with protein powders. I'd opt to spend a bit more on quality protein.
ON is a quality company, that is why they are the #1 international seller. and have been for quite some time.
If Holland is using whey to help reach his protein intake that is all that matters. having a whey or a blend is going to provide a minimal difference in reaching protein intake and results.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
ON is a quality company, that is why they are the #1 international seller. and have been for quite some time.
If Holland is using whey to help reach his protein intake that is all that matters. having a whey or a blend is going to provide a minimal difference in reaching protein intake and results.
Overpriced.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Overpriced.
Maybe your personal opinion, but they do offer their product at a very cost friendly rate. If you do some googling it sells at the same price as PES on many retailers. if not cheaper but that is based on current deals and sales which can vary from week to week.

10 retailers average around 30$ for a 2lb select
https://www.google.com/#q=PES+Select+Whey+Pricing&safe=active&tbm=shop

15 retailers average 30$ for a 2lb ON Gold Standard
https://www.google.com/#q=optimum+gold+standard+whey+Pricing&safe=active&tbm=shop&spd=17760756318854397642

Same price.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For a straight whey, you're telling me it is not priced more than other whey based products?

Obviously, no issues with ON. I just find there to be other options people may not know about that they would enjoy.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
For a straight whey, you're telling me it is not priced more than other whey based products?

Obviously, no issues with ON. I just find there to be other options people may not know about that they would enjoy.
I agree on the last statement, but it is still the same price as the product you suggested which does not make it "Overpriced". . People have different taste buds and stick to what they enjoy.
You are still getting the same amount of servings and amount per 2lb

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A lot of great PES select protein love. Much deserved. :)

rpm57

rpm57

Awards
My protein has great sales and is pretty tasty! 5.5lbs for $40 shipped... Caramel chocolate is nice