Arimistane - Growth plates

kall

Awards
Hi guys

I know that tamoxifen (nolvadex xt) causes irreversible death of growth plate cells, in fact tamoxifen has been given to end the growth of very tall girls.
Does arimistane (old erase/nolvadren xt/el1minate) do the same? I ask this because I'm 18 and my growth plates are open :D

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yea, easy answer there. Don't take it at your age.

kall

Awards
It may be sounds silly, but I want to use it to delay the growth plates fusion. I also lift anyway.

I've read a lot about arimistane, and i think 75 mcg/day it's free of side effects, but I don't know if it may kill growth plate cell like tamoxifen (probably not, because it's a suicide ai and not a serm)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It may be sounds silly, but I want to use it to delay the growth plates fusion. I also lift anyway.

I've read a lot about arimistane, and i think 75 mcg/day it's free of side effects, but I don't know if it may kill growth plate cell like tamoxifen (probably not, because it's a suicide ai and not a serm)
Huh? Why would that be a goal of yours?

kall

Awards
Well, because I'm not so tall now. What's your opinion about my question?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
So you want to delay it so you stay shorter for longer? I dont think you should be trying to manipulate hormones at your age. Regardless, I dont know arimistanes effects on growth plates

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
To be more blunt: that is a horrible idea.

kall

Awards
I know I'm only 18, but he is free of side effects, it is completely safe, why do you tell me to don't take it?

I would just be assured that it don't close growth plates.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Going with a "no" here

- probably will not do a damn thing you want it to
- its still hormone effecting and you're young.
- i feel like the driving force here may be poor self-image. That gets dangerous.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I had this discussion with coop because my kid started to grow a lump under his nipple.
Without a sciency answer, dont do this it WILL close your plates.

kall

Awards
I had this discussion with coop because my kid started to grow a lump under his nipple.
Without a sciency answer, dont do this it WILL close your plates.
Can you link me the discussion please? What did you do to fix the problem?

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm interested in Coop's insight as well. Use of AIs is growing as an alternative or supplemental treatment for idiopathic short stature patients. Granted, these are well tested and understood pharmaceuticals used under professional supervision. However, the OPs question seems reasonable. I understand the reticence of even discussing this as it could be construed as condoning but I personally find skeletal growth as fascinating if not more so than muscular growth.

yiaosen

Awards
I know I'm only 18, but he is free of side effects, it is completely safe, why do you tell me to don't take it?
it is not free of side effects nor completely safe even if it would work for the intended purpose. if you take an AI to lower estrogen, you will lower estrogenic effects all over your body (including brain). this is a vital hormone for a lot of things. you usually only want to lower it if you already have a problem there (i.e. too much estrogen production because you are obese or sth like that).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 7
Ripped_warrior Anabolics 5
cristiano88 Supplements 15
Anabolics 8
bell1986 Supplements 32