Supplements that aid in surviving on minimal sleep?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sure if been posted before, but I'm working 6-7 days atm and I really need to cope on 4-5 hours a night max for a few weeks.

Any suggestions? I know ALCAR helps, or I've noticed in the past its helped me.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Modafinil is the first that comes to mind. But its considered a stimulant.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just started Gharine and got less than six hours of sleep the first three nights. I felt like I got a full night's rest though. Also didn't have the normal lethargy after lunch either. Too early to tell if this will improve or go away but I'm liking it so far. Hasn't made falling asleep or winding down any easier but does seem more restful for what it's worth.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Focus xt by sns hands down will help. I use to use it when I would stay up all night studying for exams.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was hoping for something that helps you recover quicker, mind and/or body. I definitely know ALCAR work for that!

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rhodiola Rosea. Empty stomach first thing in the morning. Gaia Herbs is a great brand. It helped me a lot when I wasn't getting much sleep after my son was born.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rhodiola Rosea. Empty stomach first thing in the morning. Gaia Herbs is a great brand. It helped me a lot when I wasn't getting much sleep after my son was born.
This was what I was about to suggest. ;)

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This was what I was about to suggest. ;)
Same here. Rhodiola is great.

As others have already said, besides stimulants, ALCAR is also good.

Also, I'd take 3g glycine before bed. I've read a few studies that show benefits in regards to fatigue, liveliness, clear-headedness, and may that it may "contribute to improving the occasional sleepiness and fatigue induced by sleep restriction."

Ornithine can also be useful (especially if you do decide to have some caffeine with it).

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Powder city has Rhodiola for cheap. Not sure how effective it is though

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
In the same boat as you almost. 6 days a week 12-14hr days. In my opinion, nothing beats Chaos & Pain Aggro. I drink it first think upon waking and another time mid day. Exceptional product