Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Recently tried High Volume and love it but started having GI issues. I haven't changed anything other than high volume. Any suggestions?

It doesn't happen every time but it's the only new thing added recently. Could be interaction with diet but wondering if anyone has issues.

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Probably the choline. I couldn't use HV & Alphamine together.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Agamatine and other pump products do that to me sometimes. I've also read the Glycerol is associated with causing stomach upset.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I do use it with alphamine at times. Sometimes have issues, sometimes not. Trying to figure out if it's actually with HV or something in eating. I'm pretty set with my diet but I change some things. My wife really is hoping I find an answer. Lol

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I do use it with alphamine at times. Sometimes have issues, sometimes not. Trying to figure out if it's actually with HV or something in eating. I'm pretty set with my diet but I change some things. My wife really is hoping I find an answer. Lol
I've had it happen as well from time to time with HV. For me it seems that it happens more so on occasions that I add in 200mg of caffeine to the mix.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hmm...there is always definetly caffeine present when taking it. I also have a protein bar about an hour before and never had any problems before HV...but then again I don't have the same flavor and I do think there is a difference.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Agamatine and other pump products do that to me sometimes. I've also read the Glycerol is associated with causing stomach upset.
Glycerol makes me nauseous. So this might be the culprit

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Hmm...there is always definetly caffeine present when taking it. I also have a protein bar about an hour before and never had any problems before HV...but then again I don't have the same flavor and I do think there is a difference.
Glycerol makes me nauseous. So this might be the culprit
Willing to bet its the Glycerol. Hits me hard too

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Going to try some different combo's and see if I get the same issues.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ya seen glycerol cause that for some. Keep us updated as you try different things out.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It would most likely be the glycerol. When you say GI issues, what do you specifically mean?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Gas that melts the paint on the walls...

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In an Alphamine and High Volume combo it is usually going to be the choline in Alphamine.

HV has never caused me any issues and I definitely have one of the most sensitive stomachs on this forum lol. :)

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Still had issues yesterday but trying different combo today. Think I might have found the issue.

E

EMG81

Awards
Glycerol profoundly upsets my stomach, for what it's worth.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well give me about 4-6 hours and I'll let you know if its actually HV... :D

aaronuconn

aaronuconn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
I've had issues with bulk GMS on an empty stomach, but never glycerol. In for feedback. :)

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Success so far. Eliminated a very popular protein bar and nothing as of yet. It was a new box so I got suspicious.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Success so far. Eliminated a very popular protein bar and nothing as of yet. It was a new box so I got suspicious.
Ive had this before,
As has The Solution iirc

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Sugar Alcohols are the death of me in protein bars, thats why i avoid them like the plaque.

luckylefty811

luckylefty811

Awards
  • Established
High Volume is easy on my stomach

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Quest bars always result in a Quest to the toilet about an hour after consumption, the battle of Mordor usually takes place on toliet.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I once made a similar mistake.

Stronger effect than most laxatives I have used lol.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Quest bars always result in a Quest to the toilet about an hour after consumption, the battle of Mordor usually takes place on toliet.
Cinnamon bun wrecked me.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ok, did some more investigating and foud out that Quest changed their formula August 1st to use Soluble Corn Fiber as their prebiotic fiber. Their reason is "bars will “stay soft longer and withstand heat better”. So thats the only thing I can find different from using them before and now....and now they give me the absolute worst GI issues.....gas that can melt your face. And it seems that 80 of their 190 calories is form fat? Was that always the case?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Ok, did some more investigating and foud out that Quest changed their formula August 1st to use Soluble Corn Fiber as their prebiotic fiber. Their reason is "bars will “stay soft longer and withstand heat better”. So thats the only thing I can find different from using them before and now....and now they give me the absolute worst GI issues.....gas that can melt your face. And it seems that 80 of their 190 calories is form fat? Was that always the case?
Ya depending on which flavour,
Most of my faves were higher fat

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Correct most have 8-9g fat and around 20g carbs and 20g protein

Apple pie has 5g fat

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
They do the opposite for me, they sit too good in my stomach... And may sit there for days...

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Interdasting, the prebiotic fibre was definitely what effected me previously. Maybe ill give this new formula bar and see if world war 3 is averted post ingestion.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Interdasting, the prebiotic fibre was definitely what effected me previously. Maybe ill give this new formula bar and see if world war 3 is averted post ingestion.
The new formula is what caused world war 3 for me. Old bars I have no problem with.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The new formula is what caused world war 3 for me. Old bars I have no problem with.
Yeah going by the sensitivity of my GI i am not confident, but fortune favours the brave.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
On a quest to the toilet
The thing is, its not so much that....it creates the worst gas you've ever had....and I'm familiar what cheap whey can do....this is toxic...and doesn't go away.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The thing is, its not so much that....it creates the worst gas you've ever had....and I'm familiar what cheap whey can do....this is toxic...and doesn't go away.
Here is the benefits of the Change:

http://blog.questnutrition.com/benefits-of-soluble-corn-fiber/

Most of the benefits from soluble corn fiber that couldn’t be found in IMO fiber emerge from the particular short-chain fatty acids that soluble corn fiber turns into while it moves into the large intestine1. The most abundant and important SCFAs are acetate, propionate, and butyrate, which all have considerable importance for human health

• Human studies show butyrate has anti-inflammatory effects, both in the gut4 and on wider-reaching systemic inflammations5, as well as benefits to the cardiovascular system6.
• Further studies on animals show a reduction in body fat percentage7, improved insulin sensitivity8, improved immune responses9, greater oxidization of fats10, and an increased sense of satiety11.
• Butyrate is also directly linked to H-DAC suppression in humans, which is one of the factors thought to be responsible for the anti-cancer effects12 of caloric restriction.
• Blood glucose and insulin responses to corn-based dietary fibers are excellent and extraordinarily predictable13.

A

aceroni

Awards
Recently tried High Volume and love it but started having GI issues. I haven't changed anything other than high volume. Any suggestions?

It doesn't happen every time but it's the only new thing added recently. Could be interaction with diet but wondering if anyone has issues.
I get serve gi discomfort from the glycerol.
Anything with glycerol.
Every single time.
Love pes though.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here is the benefits of the Change:

http://blog.questnutrition.com/benefits-of-soluble-corn-fiber/

Most of the benefits from soluble corn fiber that couldn’t be found in IMO fiber emerge from the particular short-chain fatty acids that soluble corn fiber turns into while it moves into the large intestine1. The most abundant and important SCFAs are acetate, propionate, and butyrate, which all have considerable importance for human health

• Human studies show butyrate has anti-inflammatory effects, both in the gut4 and on wider-reaching systemic inflammations5, as well as benefits to the cardiovascular system6.
• Further studies on animals show a reduction in body fat percentage7, improved insulin sensitivity8, improved immune responses9, greater oxidization of fats10, and an increased sense of satiety11.
• Butyrate is also directly linked to H-DAC suppression in humans, which is one of the factors thought to be responsible for the anti-cancer effects12 of caloric restriction.
• Blood glucose and insulin responses to corn-based dietary fibers are excellent and extraordinarily predictable13.
No benefit to me. Its awful in terms of GI.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No benefit to me. Its awful in terms of GI.
Just posting what their website says. Everyone wont respond well to change. Just trying to inform you based off what they did and why they did it.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
I know. Have to look for a new bar now.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I know. Have to look for a new bar now.
These are amazing

or

This is coming from someone who rarely eats protein bars. I got a sample bar of each and was actually very surprised at how good they tasted and how easy it settled on my stomach because I am like you. Protein bars destroy me. Quest leaves me on the toilet.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks Bob....i'll give them a try.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks Bob....i'll give them a try.
Trying out the cookie dough by Oh Yeah 1 today, the lemon one believe it or not was awesome and i am not a lemon fan. Speaks volume.
I know kbayne is strong on his protein bar game, he should be able to assist you further.