Nettle root

1. Registered User

Nettle root

any one tried Nettle root, it seems like good test booster since it binds to SHBG.

here some info:

Nettle root is from a plant that has a particular affinity for nitrate rich soil, found in most temperate regions of the world. It has a high lignan content which researchers believe may be responsible for the root's ability to bind to sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), a key to its ability to maintain prostate health. Androgens such as testosterone and estrogen bind to SHBG. And as men age, their SHBG levels increase, making them more susceptible to this binding. Nettle root has a strong affinity for SHBG, and promotes cell health by limiting the amount of testosterone and estrogen that can bind to it. Nettle root also modulates the effects of androgens by normalizing sodium potassium ATPase and aromatase activity in prostate tissue

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.

I've been taking moderate doses of it..100-200mg/day..for awhile as it is in my allergy mix. I've been having a slight case of puffy nipps and I wonder if it's stemming from the nettle root. Haven't noticed too much else but I think you have to take several grams a day for a big boost.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

The specific chemical in nettle root that binds to shbg and "maintains prostate health" is Sledge's product activaTe. The testers' logs should be a good indicator of whether or not reducing SHBG bound T has any effect.
    •   

4. Registered User

If Sledge told you this, did he want this information public?
  5. Registered User

so is it the ingredient in activaTe!!!!!!
  6. Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bioman
    I've been taking moderate doses of it..100-200mg/day..for awhile as it is in my allergy mix. I've been having a slight case of puffy nipps and I wonder if it's stemming from the nettle root. Haven't noticed too much else but I think you have to take several grams a day for a big boost.
    sounds interesting, if it binds with SHBG and increase free test circulation, then it will make good stack with an aromatse inhibitor as test booster.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin
    If Sledge told you this, did he want this information public?
    He told everyone what it was in this post: http://www.anabolicminds.com/forum/s...1&postcount=33 so I would assume it's okay to restate the ingredient. I know he wants to keep Melting Point under wraps though so no mentioning of the ingredient although it looks awesome.
  8. Registered User

He gives a trademarked name, and says its from a plant. If it is nettle, I thought it would be better from DS to let that information public, if they are trying to get a use patent...
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"   lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Saladin
    He gives a trademarked name, and says its from a plant. If it is nettle, I thought it would be better from DS to let that information public, if they are trying to get a use patent...
    If you look at the studies he qoutes you will see they mention where the extract is derived from. I probably should exercise more caution though and run it through DS reps: thanks for the heads up.
  10. Super Lab Rat
    Board Sponsor

The biggest thing you need to remember when it comes to Nettle extracts, is there are 2 places to get the extract from. Divanil can only be extracted from the root, not from the leaves which is where most extracts come from. Also dosing needs to be atleast a gram per day, of active, not total. This is really just to get the point across that its specific as usual with DS and not just anything will work.
  11. Registered User

thi stuff is cheap........1lb for 10$ maybe i willl give it a try:

http://www.kalyx.com/store/proddetai...640.0/file.htm
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-05-2006, 12:20 PM
  2. actevaTE (nettle root extract) to prevent hair loss?
    By sundevil04 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 11:24 AM
  3. Nettle Root
    By Pirate! in forum Supplements
    Replies: 41
    Last Post: 02-18-2006, 04:55 PM
  4. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 11-21-2005, 02:45 PM