Pro jym???

sk1017

Awards
One of my co workers was telling me about this protein... I currently take epiq isolate which is know to be pretty clean... Was thinking about trying the pro jym protein mix... I know that has a mixture of different types of proteins. Do any of you guys use this or know anything about it?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I personally havent used it. I know some guys who do though. I think its kinda of over priced from what ive heard. I usually just stick with select by pes

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Pro Jym is definitely a quality product, the protein blend in it is great. However, the price per serving isn't cheap, and it has a higher carb and fat content than other products on the market. I would follow LeanEngineer's suggestion, stick with PES Select. You can't beat it, and you can't beat the flavors either.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You could buy many other respectable brands for far cheaper than paying for Jym and his name (line) of protein
PES Select
Animal Whey
Scivation Whey
Blue Star Whey Smooth
USP Labs Modern Protein

protein is used to help reach protein intake in the 24 hour period. If you can not get enough from whole foods you use protein as a "Supplement" to help supplement your dietary intake and meeting protein minimums.

I would only suggest an isolate if you are 100% lactose intolerant, if you just buy a good 3rd party tested whey/blend and use it to help fill in the voids from your diet when you can not get a whole food meal.

fro60ol

fro60ol

Awards
  • Established
One of my co workers was telling me about this protein... I currently take epiq isolate which is know to be pretty clean... Was thinking about trying the pro jym protein mix... I know that has a mixture of different types of proteins. Do any of you guys use this or know anything about it?
I used it I really liked it quality was top notch taste was great. It mixed thicker than protein I have had in the past. Like the others said price is more than most Now if you ask will I buy it again. Yes I would

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I've had it a few times, it's a really good tasting protein. Not the best for like cooking or sludge. But the taste is nice and in the choc chip flavor there are little choc chips in it. It's also more filling then some of the others already mentioned. I've been switching between pro jym and mts whey for a while

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
You could buy many other respectable brands for far cheaper than paying for Jym and his name (line) of protein
PES Select
Animal Whey
Scivation Whey
Blue Star Whey Smooth
USP Labs Modern Protein

protein is used to help reach protein intake in the 24 hour period. If you can not get enough from whole foods you use protein as a "Supplement" to help supplement your dietary intake and meeting protein minimums.

I would only suggest an isolate if you are 100% lactose intolerant, if you just buy a good 3rd party tested whey/blend and use it to help fill in the voids from your diet when you can not get a whole food meal.
This 100%

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I used it I really liked it quality was top notch taste was great. It mixed thicker than protein I have had in the past. Like the others said price is more than most Now if you ask will I buy it again. Yes I would
Yeah man, pro jym is a good protein powder. It's just not supported by most on this forum.

HeizzMP

HeizzMP

Awards
This OP. I wouldn't get so caught up in the brand of protein that you're purchasing. The protein powder you choose really just comes down to a personal preference based on profile/taste/price. What matters in the end is that you're reaching your macro goals for the day.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I tried Smores about a year ago and it was good but not worth the cost imo. Not buying again...

Deltacode

Awards
Comes in at number 50 in Labdoor tests, lots of user reviews say it tastes great.

labdoor.com/rankings/protein

Nyrin

Awards
Comes in at number 50 in Labdoor tests, lots of user reviews say it tastes great.

labdoor.com/rankings/protein
I was about to reply with my typical rant about LabDoor and their FUD around "scary artificial ingredients," but it looks like things have changed. Did they revise their scoring criteria somewhat recently?

It used to be that the top 20-30 spots were all dominated by "natural" products with small to moderate amounts of added sugar, as they severely docked any use of artificial sweeteners for a wildly unsubstantiated "safety" concern.

Now the lineup looks much more reasonable and it seems to be only based on meeting label claims and providing value.

I might actually have to use the site now!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Tastes good, no worry about spiking, comparatively expensive (although other blends that contain egg and isolate are equally expensive - probably due to the egg raws, whose prices have been insane for over a year now).

No need for egg, just eat some. No need for isolate unless you don't have the cals/macros or are intolerant, like Bob said above.

WPC 80% with good'ole Milk will do the trick, or a WPC 80% blended with Milk Protein. PES Select is just that. Or look at TrueNutrition or RawDynamix and make your own blend.