Top 5 UNKNOWN supps

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
It seems like everyday a new "top 5 supplements" thread pops up and even though we have all answered them many times over, we still contribute.

I am curious as to what are everyone's favorite unknown supplements, or supplement companies.

I always seem to stick with the bigger names such as PES, SNS, CL, OL, and so on, but once in a while I will try out a supplement from a company that I'm not all too familiar with and end up amazed at the results.

There are always companies like EvoMuse, Myokem, BLR, and many more that have always piqued my interest, but I'm not familiar with their products.

What are your favorite supplements or Supplement companies that may be considered unknown, or not as common as others?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
EvoMuse should for sure be on the list with SNS, PES, etc. Their products are always ground breaking.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Vital labs has anafuse which is an awesome supp and vital labs isnt as big as some of the other companies.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
The old LG Sciences Natadrol comes to mind. That stuff was good!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
EvoMuse for sure, they have awesome products
Anteus Labs has very unqiue ingredients that aren't used in that many other products

S

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
ecdysteroids, companies generally cant afford to sell good quality stuff cheap enough to sell/make a profit.

im sure they are some no doubt, but i dont see many quality companies slip through the cracks as far as online forums go, groundbreaking =/= actually good products. Wouldnt be surprised if PES has looked into 1000s of extracts, they dont release tons of things for a reason, most dont work as well as they seem in theory. there simply isnt that many good companies out there imo.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone for your answers

EvoMuse should for sure be on the list with SNS, PES, etc. Their products are always ground breaking.
EvoMuse for sure, they have awesome products
Anteus Labs has very unqiue ingredients that aren't used in that many other products
I'm definitely going to have to just pick an EvoMuse product and just try it already. I have just a couple Anteus Labs products and they're great! Good pick.

The old LG Sciences Natadrol comes to mind. That stuff was good!
Have you ran the new one? I've heard mixed reviews on it not be as potent as the original.

LG GHenerate. You'll sleep like a baby!
I'm definitely checking that out. I love a good sleep aid! Thanks Ant!

Vital labs has anafuse which is an awesome supp and vital labs isnt as big as some of the other companies.
I just checked it out, it indeed looks like an awesome supp. Thanks brother!

Nubreed nutrition
Checking them out, thanks!

ecdysteroids, companies generally cant afford to sell good quality stuff cheap enough to sell/make a profit.

im sure they are some no doubt, but i dont see many quality companies slip through the cracks as far as online forums go, groundbreaking =/= actually good products. Wouldnt be surprised if PES has looked into 1000s of extracts, they dont release tons of things for a reason, most dont work as well as they seem in theory. there simply isnt that many good companies out there imo.
I'm not all that familiar with ecdysteroids but I will read up on them, thanks!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Underrated company. Top notch products

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
It seems like everyday a new "top 5 supplements" thread pops up and even though we have all answered them many times over, we still contribute.

I am curious as to what are everyone's favorite unknown supplements, or supplement companies.

I always seem to stick with the bigger names such as PES, SNS, CL, OL, and so on, but once in a while I will try out a supplement from a company that I'm not all too familiar with and end up amazed at the results.

There are always companies like EvoMuse, Myokem, BLR, and many more that have always piqued my interest, but I'm not familiar with their products.

What are your favorite supplements or Supplement companies that may be considered unknown, or not as common as others?
Supplement wise I think noots and adaptagens are vastly underrated. The human mind is a powerful tool that people just do not harness enough or use enough.

IMO we should be dedicating an hour to improving cognitive ability (brain training) to keep synaptic plasticity at its peak) and using noots to improve that aspect.

As an example - I use Noopept and Focus XT daily without fail and my test scores for general brain tasks (recall, problem solving, psychometric testing, language etc etc) have gone from good to great across a spectrum of exercises with some even in the excellence category. Its improved the way I approach life and how I articulate myself.

Adaptagens I started taking more seriously after Kisaj would post about them and they haved helped me in so many ways with stress, public speaking etc as well.

Im not interested so much in mass gainz or fat loss like I once was, but these I feel are underrated from a quality of life standpoint

S

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
^whether i take that advice now or later, i always appreciate reading well thought out posts like that in other peoples perspective. focus xt+ some citrulline is a "pre" i havent done in a while but genuinely enjoyed when i did.

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
Supplement wise I think noots and adaptagens are vastly underrated. The human mind is a powerful tool that people just do not harness enough or use enough.

IMO we should be dedicating an hour to improving cognitive ability (brain training) to keep synaptic plasticity at its peak) and using noots to improve that aspect.

As an example - I use Noopept and Focus XT daily without fail and my test scores for general brain tasks (recall, problem solving, psychometric testing, language etc etc) have gone from good to great across a spectrum of exercises with some even in the excellence category. Its improved the way I approach life and how I articulate myself.

Adaptagens I started taking more seriously after Kisaj would post about them and they haved helped me in so many ways with stress, public speaking etc as well.

Im not interested so much in mass gainz or fat loss like I once was, but these I feel are underrated from a quality of life standpoint
I agree with this 100% ashwagahnda literally changed my perspective of everything when I was struggling with anxiety in my late teens/earlier twenties. I've been meaning to try out focus xt for some time. Any other single ingredients you'd suggest looking into for overall cognitive function/health? I'm pretty familiar with only choline and alcar on a regular basis.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Another ashwaghanda advocate here, even L-Theanine with heavy stimulant use in a cut

Finaflex G8 was a godsend to find when I did, now I can sleep well any time it's needed.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another ashwaghanda advocate here, even L-Theanine with heavy stimulant use in a cut

Finaflex G8 was a godsend to find when I did, now I can sleep well any time it's needed.
I'm a fan of L-Theanine combined with certain stims as well. I recommend it to people who normally don't tolerate YHCL very well, and in most cases, it helps "take the edge off" quite a bit.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with this 100% ashwagahnda literally changed my perspective of everything when I was struggling with anxiety in my late teens/earlier twenties. I've been meaning to try out focus xt for some time. Any other single ingredients you'd suggest looking into for overall cognitive function/health? I'm pretty familiar with only choline and alcar on a regular basis.
Besides the choline, ALCAR, and ashwagandha you already mentioned:

Caffeine + theanine + ornithine
Rhodiola
Bacopa
Kanna (potentially if you're talking about reducing stress/anxiety)
Schisandra (tons of studies from the USSR that I've seen referenced in tons of papers, but aren't really in any databases themselves)
American Ginseng
Panax Ginseng
Huperzine-A
Vinpocetine
Pycnogenol

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Hayden, my friend, you're the man. This is such an awesome post and exactly where I am at in regards to overall supplement usage and overall health.

I have used the Mass Gainz 4000's and the Ultimate Ballz To The Wallz test boosters and there are most certainly some great ones out there, I'm definitely at the point in my life where I am more focused on improving my mental cognitive abilities, and overall health.

I absolutely love Noots and agree with you that they are vastly underrated. I do not have any experience with adaptagens, but it's something that is top on my list to explore and learn about.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established

Thanks for the suggestion on ashwaghanda, that is something I'm definitely interested in! Any recommended brands?

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'm a fan of L-Theanine combined with certain stims as well. I recommend it to people who normally don't tolerate YHCL very well, and in most cases, it helps "take the edge off" quite a bit.
Besides the choline, ALCAR, and ashwagandha you already mentioned:

Caffeine + theanine + ornithine
Rhodiola
Bacopa
Kanna (potentially if you're talking about reducing stress/anxiety)
Schisandra (tons of studies from the USSR that I've seen referenced in tons of papers, but aren't really in any databases themselves)
American Ginseng
Panax Ginseng
Huperzine-A
Vinpocetine
Pycnogenol
Thanks guys for the suggestions! Any brand recommendations on L-Theanine?

So many awesome things to check out!

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys for the suggestions! Any brand recommendations on L-Theanine?

So many awesome things to check out!
No problem man. I use Jarrow most of the time. I've used NOW as well, which seemed just as effective.

C

Comeuppance

Awards
I'm typing this from memory, on my phone, at work, so this is a little less detailed than I would like it to be. I strongly advise researching all of these compounds. "(X) Examine" or "(X) bodybuilding" (replace X with the compound name) are good google searches that will lead you to many articles and informative detailed information about what I have listed below.

Without listing specific companies or products:

- Quercetin: energy, pump, vasodilation. I take about a teaspoon in the morning and it does wonders. No products on the market that I'm aware of are dosed properly for bodybuilding - IIRC, you want about 1-3g preworkout.
- Soy Lecithin granules; two tablespoons contains something like 2g of phosphatidic acid (look up Fearn lecithin granules, as they have the most detailed nutritional info on their product), on top of choline, inositol, and polyunsaturated fats.
- HMB: Not really unknown, perhaps, but I would argue underutilized. HMB prevents muscle wasting and keeps you anabolic. If you space out your dosages 4-6 hours apart, you can remain anabolic all day.
- Citrus Bioflavonoids: The root cause of the grapefruit juice effect. Take them with caffeine and it will last much longer and be a much smoother kind of energy. It also has interactions with many other compounds (like buspirone, my anti-anxiety medication. Turns a 4-hour dose into an 8-hour dose!)
- Na-R-ALA: Aside from a myriad of other benefits (it works synergistically with ALCAR as well), it helps dramatically with the absorption of many other supplements.
- Fucoxanthin: A brown seaweed extract (actually the compound responsible for the brown pigmentation) that builds up in the mitochondria (IIRC) and precludes fat storage. Backed by real clinical evidence, as well.

I'll probably follow up with more later - I have a whole load of relatively novel compounds that I have found to be either synergistic with more common ones, or are effective in their own right.