usp labs oxyelite protein Banana flavor?

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
Banana flavor any good?

I see it's a high rated protein was wondering if the Banana flavor any good. I just bought a years supply of the stuff lol $10 tubs sale going on

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's the best banana I've had...also picked up a few tubs before they realized any mistake on pricing they may have made, lol...

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
It's the best banana I've had...also picked up a few tubs before they realized any mistake on pricing they may have made, lol...
craziness right? lmao

so banana flavor is good?

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
So good, and not artificial tasting (to me) at all...Have you had any other banana flavored pros?
awesome and no i havent. i love banana tho, jsut didnt know why it was so cheap so jsut wondered if flavoring wasent good

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
awesome and no i havent. i love banana tho, jsut didnt know why it was so cheap so jsut wondered if flavoring wasent good
Nah, it's only that price bc it's on clearance...Usp discontinued OxyElite, it's now ModernProtein...so they are clearing inventory...

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Every banana flavored protein ive had usually wasnt very good but i havent personally tried this brand.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I picked up two myself, and it shipped about 30 minutes later!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Got sick of it, 6 tubs back to back will do that :D

Best banana out there IMO. I dramk it with full cream milk and a small amount of vanilla icecream and it was unreal.

Had with water as well and liked it. I hate water in my proteins so for me to be able to drink it says something.

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
I got that email also. $9.99 for 2 pounders. I'm betting they are expired though. I still have two tubs that expired in May. It's good stuff.
I would hope they tell u if they were
Lmao

How long can protein stay expired for ? I bought a years worth

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I would hope they tell u if they were
Lmao

How long can protein stay expired for ? I bought a years worth
I think it's fine for a couple years after expiration. As long as it's sealed and in a cool dark place. OxyElite does have some fats in it though so I'm not sure about that. I'm still gonna drink mine, don't think it'll sit there much longer before I start drinking it up.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It's strange because SP has it for $9.99, but on Nutraplanet it is "on sale" for $19.99. These two companies are now one in the same...At least that was my understanding.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I love the banana protein powder, bought about 10lbs of it when it went on sale. So delicious

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's strange because SP has it for $9.99, but on Nutraplanet it is "on sale" for $19.99. These two companies are now one in the same...At least that was my understanding.
That was my understanding as well and I'm with you. I found it odd when I saw the email. If it is expired, they should note it. I know it can still be used if it is expired, but if it is, I'm not buying from either site again.

Nyrin

Awards
For what it's worth, I have a tub I'm almost finished with that I bought from NP several months ago on another sale (but after the discontinuation) and it has an expiration of 10/2015. There's a decent chance that my tub and these tubs came from the same last run. A month and change isn't great headroom and it seems pretty ridiculous to not disclose it on the sale, but if my guess is right at least it won't already be expired.

As for the Banana: I don't mind the flavor at all, but it doesn't blow me away, either. I appreciate that it isn't as in-your-face sweet as most of the "banana taffy" flavors that try for the "Banana" label, but it's still missing several bits of "something" to make it approach a natural banana taste.

It goes extremely well with some sugar-free caramel flavor syrup (the coffee kind), though -- the bananas Foster effect is pretty awesome.

Although the formula has a little more froofiness than I'd like (I'll supplement CLA myself if I want to, thanks!), I'm a sucker for the blend-based proteins and this delivers on that front.

Overall, I'd probably buy another tub or two if I weren't already horrendously backlogged with opened tubs/bags. $0.50/lb for a reasonable-tasting blend-based protein is a pretty good deal, even close to expiration.

nickodemus

nickodemus

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
The flavor is great, I mixed eggs with it and made pancakes. Everyone loved them, and low carb.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Their Banana and Strawberry are 2 of the best flavored fruit protein powders on the market USPlabsRep we may see these in the new Modern Correct?

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure what site SP is lol..

Edit: thanks appreciate it! ^

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Their Banana and Strawberry are 2 of the best flavored fruit protein powders on the market USPlabsRep we may see these in the new Modern Correct?
Strawberry around the corner and Banana probably next year sometime. We have a few Gems ahead of it..

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mine will be here tomorrow. Curious to see if it is out of code or close to.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Prepare yourself. It is delicious.
Well, I have a tub from when NP had it for 14.99. I decided to crack it open post workout today ince it expires 10/15 and I figured the two that are coming in today will be the same, roughly.

I must say, the hype was real. Easily the best banana flavored protein since the OG Myofusion. It did not have any artificial or chemical taste that most banana powders have. It tasted like the most perfect yellow banana one has ever had. Very natural.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
agree on th best banana tasting protein

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Well, I have a tub from when NP had it for 14.99. I decided to crack it open post workout today ince it expires 10/15 and I figured the two that are coming in today will be the same, roughly.

I must say, the hype was real. Easily the best banana flavored protein since the OG Myofusion. It did not have any artificial or chemical taste that most banana powders have. It tasted like the most perfect yellow banana one has ever had. Very natural.
Best out there brother, no other banana will come close.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know if the sale is still up, but expiration of 10/15 on the two I got. Now I have 3 with that expiration date. I'll probably finish them off by December, not really worried about a few months. However, Modern Protein needs this flavor!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I don't know if the sale is still up, but expiration of 10/15 on the two I got. Now I have 3 with that expiration date. I'll probably finish them off by December, not really worried about a few months. However, Modern Protein needs this flavor!
They are doing Strawberry and Blueberry first (correct me if wrong) USPlabsRep

Nyrin

Awards
Thanks for confirming! I guess my earlier guess was right:

For what it's worth, I have a tub I'm almost finished with that I bought from NP several months ago on another sale (but after the discontinuation) and it has an expiration of 10/2015. There's a decent chance that my tub and these tubs came from the same last run. A month and change isn't great headroom and it seems pretty ridiculous to not disclose it on the sale, but if my guess is right at least it won't already be expired.
Just finished that last tub of mine two days ago. Definitely tempting to get more since there's not much competition on the Banana front; if only I weren't another opened tub or two away from sleeping in the dog house :D

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
All mines are 10/15 as well great deal none the less

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
They are doing Strawberry and Blueberry first (correct me if wrong) USPlabsRep
OMG Blueberry? I need this in my life now. This would go great with oatmeal, sludge with flavored greek yogurt as a base, etc. If those are the next two flavors, I'm pumped. All 4 flavors can be paired nicely together.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
OMG Blueberry? I need this in my life now. This would go great with oatmeal, sludge with flavored greek yogurt as a base, etc. If those are the next two flavors, I'm pumped. All 4 flavors can be paired nicely together.
He has hinted to some of those flavors in the other USP labs threads.
He said banana may come out next year.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
strawberry modern?
better be the best strawberry