Who here enjoys taking supplements just as much as lifting?

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
So I think about training.

And I must admit that I can honestly say that I enjoy the whole "Science of Supplementation" nearly as much as lifting.

I love when I go online and place a new order for a new PUMP product to add to my pre-workout stack. Then I love taking a scoop or two of my pre and putting it in my shaker bottle. Then throwing in a scoop of my pump product and then shaking it up and pounding it. As I make my way to the gym, it starts to kick in and as I enter I see the weights and I put my bag in my locker and then go out and bust some iron. As I glance over at myself in the mirror and see the added vascularity and my arms looking swole. All the while as I see a hot girl all I can think of is *****! Because as you know , stims seem to do that to us.

Oh how fun Bodybuilding is that is for sure.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I rarely use anything designed to make me bigger, but I am definitely this way with things like ashwaganda, relora, noopept, phenylpiracetam, Focus XT etc. etc. Adaptagens & Noots are like my vice.

Used to be like that with pre workouts but as I do a lot of HIIT, my heart rate gets up way too high and I can stand a calve pump from hill sprints lol

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel the same. I get excited buying supps and taking new ones. Also when I buy new gym clothes I get hype to hit the gym lol

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hate supps.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'm the same way! I think about supps whenever I see lifting or bodybuilding stuff. It's a habit cause I always have a pwo and post workout shake.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
perfect place to ask, the supplement section. Pretty sure it will be a bit biased answers in here.
On topic:
I used to be like that, then re-evaluated my financial choices and stopped. Still fun to try new things though

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really don't take any supplements outside of nootropics and adaptogens. Fitness and performance wise it is only (-)-epi (follidrone),creatine, and citrulline.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I totally agree with you LovingtoLift I thoroughly enjoy trying, studying, and tinkering with new supps... Same way with diet and training methods though too. Honestly I just love the whole lifestyle, maybe even to a fault at times... But hey, there's a lot worse things out there that a younger guy could be addicted to than the gym and a healthy diet.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I enjoy supplements, but nowhere near as much as I love training (myself and others).

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Lifting is what it's about.

But supplements that give me an edge absolutely I enjoy.
Think back to the first time you ever used creatine lol, I felt great,

and a good deal of placebo will be the deciding factor for most people saying supps>lifting

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I used to be pretty excited about most supps because they helped me a lot when my diet was totally lame, but over the years I've started to focus specifically on my diet/training intensity and trying programs that I used to consider "too much volume/intensity" and I've noticed great results while cutting down on supplements. I'm probably going to finish my stash by the end of this year and stick to staples/cheap stuff only because I'm finally hitting my general physique/strength goals

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love buying, taking & hoarding supps..!!!

I enjoy it so much, I rep for 2 companies.. :bigok:

redman24

redman24

Banned
Awards
  • Established
i could almost say that i lift in order to see what my supplementation/aas consumption and nutrition are causing, in order to perfect these factors and learn more and more about them. may have to do with the fact i got chronically ill in 2010, before i took only whey potein, eaa and at some point tried glycobol which got me interested in supplements more. i used to do 3 full body workouts with mostly compound movements and clustering, say taking your 5rm and doing 10 sets of 3 until i got to 20 sets of three, then increase the weight and so on. i could not wait to fall asleep so i could go to the gym.
nowadays i am quite resticted i my training, in good phases i can do 3-4 half hour workouts a week, in bad ones i need 3-4 days off at least. i am still strong but the capacticity isn't there, it is like an empty battery so i am completely exhausted after a few sets.
now in regads to supplementation i have managed to look the best i ever have, despite restricted workout volume and a diet that consists of anything i want (my body needs this, it cannot cope with major restrictions). i have mixed and combined various poducts over the years and ow have found exactly what works for me, which i am now utilizing in my own line of supplements, which really doesn't belong to me, but i formulate them (brawn nutrition)
you can see my pics in the contest prep section and considering i am too ill to even walk sometimes without medication i think i have managed to find an incredible combiation of supps and aas to look the way i do and lift the weights i lift.
i can feel instantly when something is missing or hurting my body. i will release my ultimate preworkout supplement hopefully at the end of the year, it won't be available to the US market though. with it i can rep weights i could normally not even move a few inches and it is only partly dependant on stimulants. it is not some magic fomula, just the right combination of ingrdients targetting the ecessay eurotansmitters ad metabolic pathways that make me able to endure a workout and ensure progress, even while being at around 6%bf despite never doing cardio and eating arround 4000cals of a diet consisting of anything i want.

for me estrogen control and insulin sesitivity are major factors, as well as increasing norepinephrine, serotonin and endorphins (and being on opioids and neuroprotectants). this allows me to be lean and feel good during my training for at least some period of time.

bb333

Awards
  • Established
I would like creatine brand PES.
: D

Think how I put myself hahaha

choccyswag

choccyswag

Awards
I feel the same. I get excited buying supps and taking new ones. Also when I buy new gym clothes I get hype to hit the gym lol
Totally down for trying new gym clothes out at the gym! Replace the thread title 'supplement' with 'gym clothing' and it's a big yes from me :)

However the favourite thing I like about supplements are the flavours they come in, it just beats just drinking plain water all the time.

abformulations

abformulations

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Word. "New gym clothing get you hype to hit the gym" thread lol

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am a pill junky. I take over 60 a day :)

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have more bcaa powders than I care to admit

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I love to stack multiple compounds on top of one another . Taking a gram of id3 carbinol dont bother me , like slender man do it properly.

liftingamber12

liftingamber12

Awards
  • Established
I enjoy supps. I'm currently waiting for some new goodies to come in the mail, & I do enjoy the anticipation of getting & trying new things. Even better when they do what you were hoping for in accordance with your training!!!!

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
I'm bad enough where I feel a bit depressed when coming off of a supplement if I feel it's truly helping. So yea I like them. Just finished a 16 week run of applied nutraceuticals IGF 2. Damn that supplement is under rated. Works like a charm

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm bad enough where I feel a bit depressed when coming off of a supplement if I feel it's truly helping. So yea I like them. Just finished a 16 week run of applied nutraceuticals IGF 2. Damn that supplement is under rated. Works like a charm
It's hard to take a break when something is working so well. What did you experience with the IGF 2?

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
It's hard to take a break when something is working so well. What did you experience with the IGF 2?
I felt like sleep was great, libido was ****ing awesome. I mean I was getting boners driving in my car throughout the day. That never happens. Recovery was phenomenal and I looked a lot drier. Even in a deficit all of my lifts were progressing. The thing I really enjoyed is a bit hard to explain. After I'm done lifting normally I'm pretty wiped out and I can feel it you know what I mean? With the IGF 2 after my workout my muscles would be shaky at first but then within fifteen minutes I felt like my energy levels had gone up again and my muscles felt pretty normal almost like I could do another workout. It definitely had something to do with endurance because I was recovering from fatigue a lot better than normal. Only negative side effect was hunger was up and I did have some lethargy the first week or so.

SXIPro

SXIPro

Awards
  • Established
Considering 90% of supplements are snake oil and most work on the placebo effect and do nothing but empty a person's wallet, I don't quite see the attraction.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Considering 90% of supplements are snake oil and most work on the placebo effect and do nothing but empty a person's wallet, I don't quite see the attraction.
Where are you getting snake oil ? That's hard to find . This one time at golds gym I found a tube of erecto-plasma .