Supplements that do not work, no matter who you are.

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Hey guys,

I know that there are supplements out there that do what they say, to a point that is. Also they must be paired with a solid diet and workout routine to see any benefits from them.

But what supplements out there , no matter how good your diet and routine may be, would never be beneficial at all? Reason being is that I recently was diagnosed with testicular cancer, had surgery a few weeks ago, and I really don't want to take things unless they were guaranteed to have some benefit for me as a bodybuilder. Thank you for your time.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you asking about a particular subcategory of supplements? I.E. fat burners, test boosters, natural anabolics, etc. or all supplements in general?

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Hi Woody!

All supplements in general. Which ones are really worth using? Which ones are just garbage that you are putting in your body with no benefits?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Supplements that generally work for the masses:
Generally anything made by SNS, PES, Evomuse.

-(-)epi
PA (Soy letichin granules)
Creatine

Theres more, but thats a start.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
That's a difficult question to answer. Almost every product out there has some research or study done to support that it works, and many people butt heads on what products they like or don't like.

For example, I think CLA is an absolute waste. Most studies done on CLA don't provide any quality evidence that supports what companies put on the label. But, you may find people that have used CLA and has success with it. It's all personal opinion, and everyone will respond differently.

Every ingredient and product has a different effect on each individual person. I would suggest searching for threads and topics where people discuss what products they like the best. You'll find much better information on what people like and what worked for them, as opposed to trying to find supplements that serve no purpose. Just a thought.

LovingtoLift

LovingtoLift

Banned
Awards
Can a man build a rock hard physique off of whole foods and supplement free?

Would a man get to his goals quicker by combining a solid diet with a solid choice of supplements ?

Which one is better? Supplement free or a few supplements along with a solid diet?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Can a man build a rock hard physique off of whole foods and supplement free? yes

Would a man get to his goals quicker by combining a solid diet with a solid choice of supplements ? yes

Which one is better? Supplement free or a few supplements along with a solid diet? I would opt for a few supplements that are proven to give results - creatine, fish oil, whey protein, multivitamin. They aren't needed to build a physique, but they're proven to help.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Supplements are just that, supplementary to solid diet and solid workout regimen.

Like John said, it is possible, but things such as creatine and protein will help. Fish oil is good for joints.
In an ideal world, you will get every vitamin and mineral needed from your diet. However, life doesn't happen in an ideal world, making a multivitamin like Orange Triad have its place in your supplement regimen.

As for other supplements:
Beta Alanine
Betaine/TMG
Forskolin