Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
There are two versions. Heard the first version was really good and the new one is so so. Never got around to trying it though.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
^2nd that. Also ive heard theres some difference in the aus version to the us version

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Version with PEA is really good.New one without PEA but with Dendrobium and synephrine,won't give you the same kick and focus.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Haven't tried it personally but i've heard positive reviews on it.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
First one was great IMO. I still have one tub left. New version (Defcon1 Second Strike) does not deliver at all. In fact, I recently ordered two tubs of what I thought was the OG from an online retailer, only to find they shipped me Second Strike instead. I immediately returned them. And yes, I've tried a full tub of Second Strike. Just not the same.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Haven't tried either.

I honestly rarely jump to new pre-workouts when I find a good formula. I've basically used only 2 pre's (other than samples for trial) in the past year and a half (the newest being CL's White Rapids).

Although I have picked up a new combo I'm going to try when I get back from vacation in September:

Pre-workout: ANS Ritual + Dilate
Intra-workout: ANS Amino-HP

Between all 3, it should yield some very solid ingredient totals.

Anymore, as long as I have a decent amount of caffeine, that's good enough on the stim front for me.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Haven't tried either.

I honestly rarely jump to new pre-workouts when I find a good formula. I've basically used only 2 pre's (other than samples for trial) in the past year and a half (the newest being CL's White Rapids).

Although I have picked up a new combo I'm going to try when I get back from vacation in September:

Pre-workout: ANS Ritual + Dilate
Intra-workout: ANS Amino-HP

Between all 3, it should yield some very solid ingredient totals.

Anymore, as long as I have a decent amount of caffeine, that's good enough on the stim front for me.
Haha, that is how I was with the OG Defcon1. Been using it for over a year, which is why I'm pissed they changed the formula. It was great for energy, mood, and focus. Now I'm back to shopping around for my next staple pwo...a process that I HATE!

zpalrangi13

zpalrangi13

Awards
I ended up buying it yesterday, had a lot of energy felt good. Watermelon dosent taste too good but not to worries about taste with PWO but it is a bonus, pump wasn't there. Anyone recommend any pump stacks, I hear core nutrition is great?

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I ended up buying it yesterday, had a lot of energy felt good. Watermelon dosent taste too good but not to worries about taste with PWO but it is a bonus, pump wasn't there. Anyone recommend any pump stacks, I hear core nutrition is great?
Go with pineapple next time. It's better than watermelon. Check out PES High Volume. That'll do the trick. And the paradise cooler flavor would probably mix well with pineapple (or watermelon) DC1

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
White Rapids at 2 scoops is also solid for pump

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
White Rapids at 2 scoops is also solid for pump
I've heard good things about White Rapids, but if he's looking for something to stack with Defcon1, that would get him stimmed out! That's why I recommended HV. Or try stim-free Conqu3r. If he drops the Defcon1, 2 scoops WR would certainly do the trick

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've heard good things about White Rapids, but if he's looking for something to stack with Defcon1, that would get him stimmed out! That's why I recommended HV. Or try stim-free Conqu3r. If he drops the Defcon1, 2 scoops WR would certainly do the trick
I didn't see that he was looking to stack the 2; just thought he was looking for a pump product in general. But yeah, even though WR isn't stim heavy by any means, I wouldn't stack it with anything else.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I didn't see that he was looking to stack the 2; just thought he was looking for a pump product in general. But yeah, even though WR isn't stim heavy by any means, I wouldn't stack it with anything else.
Based on reviews, OP might be better off ditching the Defcon1 and just going to White Rapids! But, I know from personal experience that some pwos work well for some but not for others. So, OP, if you're enjoying your run with Defcon1 Second Strike, keep it going and be glad you found a pwo that works well for you!

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
As alternative to Defcon-1 OG, I would recommend Dust v2.

Thelux14

Awards
i found defcon1 by watching massivejoes on youtube. he always says thats the best out there. so i ordered some up. i can tell ya, i take it over and over and over and every single time it hits like the first time i ever took it. works perfect for me. the only thing it lacks for me is my body got used to the focus products in it and im kinda a space cadet lifting.. i need a supp for focus if anyone can tell me what i should try i would appreciate it.. i think its one of the best pre work outs on the market as far as i feel. but your mileage may very.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
i found defcon1 by watching massivejoes on youtube. he always says thats the best out there. so i ordered some up. i can tell ya, i take it over and over and over and every single time it hits like the first time i ever took it. works perfect for me. the only thing it lacks for me is my body got used to the focus products in it and im kinda a space cadet lifting.. i need a supp for focus if anyone can tell me what i should try i would appreciate it.. i think its one of the best pre work outs on the market as far as i feel. but your mileage may very.
Original or Second Strike? I agree if you're talking about the OG. Second Strike, not so much

DCx

Awards
If any of the posters here are still active, were you ever able to find a replacement product for Defcon 1? 3 years later now.. I'm still searching for something that resembled the OG defcon 1. Loved it so much!!

I miss that amazing clean energy, razor sharp mental focus/drive, moodboost/feeling of well being, no tolerance if taken 4x a week, and best pineapple taste I've ever had. It literally hit every aspect perfectly. If only I could formulate the OG myself :(

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LiftWithDonuts Supplements 14
BRUstrong Supplements 0
Supplements 15