cake batter flavored protein

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Cellucore has a red velvet cake flavor that's pretty good as well as combat has a birthday cake flavor

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Cellucore has a red velvet cake flavor that's pretty good as well as combat has a birthday cake flavor
Combat don't meet label claims.
Animal just released Franks Birthday cake for a limited time.
MP also makes cake batter protein bars, and most of them do not even meet the proper weight when weighed on the scale.

(they're supposed to be 63g or ~2.2oz)

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Corfetti is real good, so is the dymatize ISO-100. Best I've ever had tho was the American pro whey but they're pretty sketchy and they had some really bad publicity related to true protein content.

If you're up for the risk tho, they're super cheap and flavoring is amazing

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea dymatize has one and the GNC beyond raw has one that's a mass gainer. Doesn't taste extremely well but puts on some weight.

Zariph

Awards
Wow I have had like 50 combat crunch bars...should've tried to wieght em...man I feel scammed;p

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I had an issue with skimped Quest bars, but I emailed them and they sent me new ones. Always gotta keep an eye on those protein bars

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I had an issue with skimped Quest bars, but I emailed them and they sent me new ones. Always gotta keep an eye on those protein bars
had this happen twice...
Should be 60g (just the bar) with the wrapped its 6g under, so a bit more when the wrapper would be taken off.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
had this happen twice...
Should be 60g (just the bar) with the wrapped its 6g under, so a bit more when the wrapper would be taken off.
Mine were worse. Same flavor too. I had a whole box of S'mores that were between 40-45g unwrapped. I love Quest, but I wasn't thrilled about that

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In before people start emailing companies for their bars being 2 or 3 grams less than expected, but not giving a crap when the bars are way above what they should weigh.

I also had an issue with the Smore's Quest Bars, probably the same batch as the picture above. Mine was 48 grams with the wrapper, 47 without. Quest took care of it quickly.

Anyways, I cannot think of a cake batter favor protein that I have had. I would look for a really rich vanilla, should be quite similar. Controlled Labs Pronom meets that bill, I believe the flavor is Vanilla Cupcake or something like that.

Thelux14

Awards
just got iso 100 birthday cake. i gotta say its my fav flavor they do. i was not happy with any of the flavors but this one. i really wanna try that muscle pharm bar now that i seen it..

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Wow....what's up with these companies slacking/lying?

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Welcome to the industry.
This is just the beginning.
Lately I've been weighing out my whey and pre workouts and you'd be surprised how many of them at one scoop are over/under the per serve weight. It's just mis leading and not really caring for the customer.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lately I've been weighing out my whey and pre workouts and you'd be surprised how many of them at one scoop are over/under the per serve weight. It's just mis leading and not really caring for the customer.
It depends on the company/scooper. Some companies use a scooper with a line, fill to the line. Some do not have a line, so fill to the top. here are too many variables, so I would not base a companies reputation off that. Otherwise, people would be bashing PES Select, Modern Protein, and any other board favorite supplements.

It's like following a recipe. When a recipe calls for a table spoon of whatever, if you want to be completely accurate, measure it out.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
It depends on the company/scooper. Some companies use a scooper with a line, fill to the line. Some do not have a line, so fill to the top. here are too many variables, so I would not base a companies reputation off that. Otherwise, people would be bashing PES Select, Modern Protein, and any other board favorite supplements.

It's like following a recipe. When a recipe calls for a table spoon of whatever, if you want to be completely accurate, measure it out.
That's true. I mean now that I've seen that some companies use like half a scoop as a serving without saying on the label that the half mark line is the serving line and instead just say 1 scoop is a serving I definitely weigh out everything, especially if it's a pre workout.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Sorry for hijacking, back to the topics of cake batter protein

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
My gf ended up buying the Animal Whey Frank's birthday cake flavor. She was going to buy corfetti but we couldn't find it anywhere

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My gf ended up buying the Animal Whey Frank's birthday cake flavor. She was going to buy corfetti but we couldn't find it anywhere
I've had all three of the launch flavors; chocolate, vanilla, and cookies and cream, you will enjoy it. Let us know how it tastes compared to your standard vanilla powder!

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
To be honest if the protein is being cheated, you can't imagine what you are/aren't getting in your supplements.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
True Nutrition has Vanilla Cake Batter.

touchless21

Awards
  • Established
Combat don't meet label claims.
Animal just released Franks Birthday cake for a limited time.
MP also makes cake batter protein bars, and most of them do not even meet the proper weight when weighed on the scale.

(they're supposed to be 63g or ~2.2oz)
I've had the other 3 flavored and haven't ran into them being underweight. But, I haven't had the cake flavor, didn't even know it existed.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Did not like the Cellucor corfetti flavor unfortunately, but haven't tried red velvet cake yet. Interested in hearing reviews of Animal's version. And as someone else mentioned, I believe Controlled Labs had a chocolate cake batter flavor.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I agree with the disliking of the Celucor Corfetti, personally I think it tastes awful. I have half a tub left that I'm trying to just get rid of as quickly as I can, its not great. I'm glad you couldn't find it anywhere OP, haha. You would have been sorry. MTS Red Velvet Cake is another good option. MTS Whey has some incredible flavors out now

Zariph

Awards
what does the Cellucor corfetti taste like? I've tried the mutant pro 100 Bday cake but it didn't really taste like anything...was a very light vanilla kinda taste

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
what does the Cellucor corfetti taste like? I've tried the mutant pro 100 Bday cake but it didn't really taste like anything...was a very light vanilla kinda taste
It has a very artificial taste to it. You know like those sh*tty fake sprinkles you had when you were a kid? Not the good sprinkles, but those plasticy gross tasting ones? Its kind of like that. Not really too strong of a vanilla flavor, its more just a mildly sweet unflavored protein with fancy little color dots in it. As you can see, I'm not a fan. It ranks up there as the worst tasting protein I've purchased in a long time.

Zariph

Awards
It has a very artificial taste to it. You know like those sh*tty fake sprinkles you had when you were a kid? Not the good sprinkles, but those plasticy gross tasting ones? Its kind of like that. Not really too strong of a vanilla flavor, its more just a mildly sweet unflavored protein with fancy little color dots in it. As you can see, I'm not a fan. It ranks up there as the worst tasting protein I've purchased in a long time.
hehe okay, thx for the warning :p...sadly im from EU-would love to try some Animal Bday cake

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
that animal whey bday cake flavor is BOGO 50% off. Definitely tempted to get some to try it out

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Ill let you know if my gf and I like the animal franks birthday cake. I'm not that into cake flavors but she is.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now I'm just sitting here wanting to eat birthday cake.

Thanks a lot, guys! :mad:

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It is actually the #1 selling flavor from Cellucor. It is on the sweeter side, but it gets a lot of popular reccomendations because of how good it does taste. Everyone is hit or miss with flavors, but the majority really enjoy it. Plus people love the sprinkles in the batter. Cooper absolutely loves it i sent him a tub, as do many of the other company reps who have tried it.

I am getting some Franks Bday cake in i will try it soon. Many claim its like a yellow cake taste with minimal sprinkles or birthday cake taste to it.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
It is actually the #1 selling flavor from Cellucor. It is on the sweeter side, but it gets a lot of popular reccomendations because of how good it does taste. Everyone is hit or miss with flavors, but the majority really enjoy it. Plus people love the sprinkles in the batter. Cooper absolutely loves it i sent him a tub, as do many of the other company reps who have tried it.

I am getting some Franks Bday cake in i will try it soon. Many claim its like a yellow cake taste with minimal sprinkles or birthday cake taste to it.
Everyone has different opinions. I personally wasn't a fan, but everyone has a different palate for flavors. I didn't mean to trash Cellucor, I love a lot of their products. I'm just personally not a huge fan of this flavor. The S'mores flavor however.... incredible.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Everyone has different opinions. I personally wasn't a fan, but everyone has a different palate for flavors. I didn't mean to trash Cellucor, I love a lot of their products. I'm just personally not a huge fan of this flavor. The S'mores flavor however.... incredible.
Thats why they offer almost a dozen flavors. they are all coming back in new labels.

Thelux14

Awards
thanks to whoever posted up the combat crunch birthday cake bars. i now have 7 cases coming.. i hate this site :)

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Frank's birthday cake was pretty dam good. I would def say its worth a try

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is there anyway to elaborate on what makes it a "birthday cake" I've never had a birthday cake protein powder before. Seems like it would just be a Vanilla based powder that might be creamier.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Is there anyway to elaborate on what makes it a "birthday cake" I've never had a birthday cake protein powder before. Seems like it would just be a Vanilla based powder that might be creamier.
Most are stating its a heavy white/yellow cream cake in flavor which would be the base for a "Birthday Cake"
some people think a birthday cake would be sprinkled oriented as well (Cor-Fetti)
I have some samples coming in of Franks ill give it a whirl when i get home since i am out of town.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Franks was like a vanilla cupcake batter flavor. So if you have ever had cupcake batter thats what it tastes like

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Agreed. I actually put some in my coffee with alittle vanilla creamer as well and it was awesome!

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Usually sweeter.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I thought it was nearly identical flavor to the corfetti. Maybe a touch sweeter.