PES preworkout

Sprinterguy4

Sprinterguy4

Awards
When will PES release a new preworkout? Enhanced was the best in recent years and the only other product like it- UNCUT is also discontinued. UNCUT at 3 pills and Enhanced at 1.5 scoops was the perfect product. Anything better than these products out there?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We are currently working on our stimulant based pre-workout but have no ETA on it. We don't want to rush the process, but you can be sure, it will replace Enhanced quite nicely.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We are currently working on our stimulant based pre-workout but have no ETA on it. We don't want to rush the process, but you can be sure, it will replace Enhanced quite nicely.
Bingo, R&D is working hard on this product (among others) to please our fans.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
novel stims? Something we have never seen before?
Can't really say anything other than it will be different from any preworkout on the market in terms of what we're going for.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
sounds innovative and fancy

GiftedNatty

GiftedNatty

Awards
In for testing :)

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Awesome! Can't wait. Hopefully we'll carry it at strong supplement shop:)

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
When will PES release a new preworkout? Enhanced was the best in recent years and the only other product like it- UNCUT is also discontinued. UNCUT at 3 pills and Enhanced at 1.5 scoops was the perfect product. Anything better than these products out there?
You are definitely right that Enhanced and UnCut were and still are the two best PWO.

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We are hard at work on the next pre-workout and if it comes out at the same level as enhanced, which I'm confident it will, we are in for a real treat!

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I loved Enhanced.

To date, it is still one of my favourite pre workouts ever, if not my favourite.

The problem was, the yohimbe extract we used was hit and miss. Some people like myself, loved it whereas others found it way too strong.

You can see it on the forums because some people hoarded it once we DC'd it yet it was our most complained about product ever (from making people jittery).

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I loved Enhanced.

To date, it is still one of my favourite pre workouts ever, if not my favourite.

The problem was, the yohimbe extract we used was hit and miss. Some people like myself, loved it whereas others found it way too strong.

You can see it on the forums because some people hoarded it once we DC'd it yet it was our most complained about product ever (from making people jittery).
I do recall the people complaining about that issue. I was lucky enough to dodge that issue and what was amazing is it was always good at 1 scoop or less with me. Was unnecessary for me to bump it any higher.

Bryancap77

Bryancap77

Awards
  • Established
I forgot PES was making another preworkout honestly so much buzz a year ago, then flatline

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I forgot PES was making another preworkout honestly so much buzz a year ago, then flatline
There have been trial runs through our R&D but nothing has met our standards just right. We strive to only put out the best possible product which is a huge win for everybody. It will be more than worth the wait.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
One of the obstacles was a quick rise to fame of AMP.

We knew it was likely to be a short lived fame before it was pulled so we didn't want to formulate with it.

Instead we just waited for the inevitable time when it stopped being sold. :)

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
One of the obstacles was a quick rise to fame of AMP.

We knew it was likely to be a short lived fame before it was pulled so we didn't want to formulate with it.

Instead we just waited for the inevitable time when it stopped being sold. :)
if you can find something better than and just as effective as dmba you will have a winner in my books

Big Papi

Awards
  • Established
Why do you all even care for another pre? High volume plus any stim is more than sufficient

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why do you all even care for another pre? High volume plus any stim is more than sufficient
We generally add novel ingredients of some sort to most of our new releases so I'm sure people are excited for that :)

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
We generally add novel ingredients of some sort to most of our new releases so I'm sure people are excited for that :)
The man has a very good point. Paving the way.

Big Papi

Awards
  • Established
i definitely don't doubt that, but you guys have already produced the goat pre-workout product so there's really no sense in trying to reinvent the wheel.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i definitely don't doubt that, but you guys have already produced the goat pre-workout product so there's really no sense in trying to reinvent the wheel.
Not necessarily trying to reinvent, but you have to understand, numerous consumers want a stimulant based pre-workout, so they do not have to add their own stimulant. I know there are days I want stims pre-workout, so I use OG Enhanced.

Thank you for the kindness however :)

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
imo The average person is not going to want to bother adding stims, your typical consumer wants an all in one package and cant tell you what a pump is much less care to add in separate ingredients, and if anything would rather spend 30 dollars on something packed with energy vs pure ergogenics. and a lot of people wont spend the money buying multiple pres (alphamine+HV)....unless you have a good salesman of course.

thats just the reality. pes is missing a good chunk of market, which they know. and this is keeping in context that HV regularly sells out of stock at my local store.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is correct.

Adding caffeine to HV means people get a high amount of ergogens.

A lot of pre workouts nowadays are basically stimulants and nothing else yet still have a similar price for the tub. A lot of educated consumers will add a source of caffeine to High Volume.

However, beginners aren't likely to do this so we do miss a large chunk of the market when they browse the standard pre workout sections of online retailers.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
This is correct.

Adding caffeine to HV means people get a high amount of ergogens.

A lot of pre workouts nowadays are basically stimulants and nothing else yet still have a similar price for the tub. A lot of educated consumers will add a source of caffeine to High Volume.

However, beginners aren't likely to do this so we do miss a large chunk of the market when they browse the standard pre workout sections of online retailers.
my favorite stack i recommend, HV plus caffeine tabs, perfect for the person who doesnt drink tons of stims. thats the issue though, a good chunk of people who like pres drink too much stims to properly enjoy something so simple and awesome.

i imagine its quite hard to find that balance between how much stims to put in things, you got a large chunk that want comps for c4, and another that want comps for hyde. you guys have any goals with that in mind yet?

i think we also sometimes lose perspective on what defines a beginner/educated consumer from posting on these boards (very high supp iq in general)

IRL:
educated=someone who knows what beta alanine is. not even how it works, but just knows what it is. lol.

a stim pes pre will sell like hotcakes, as well all know.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
my favorite stack i recommend, HV plus caffeine tabs, perfect for the person who doesnt drink tons of stims. thats the issue though, a good chunk of people who like pres drink too much stims to properly enjoy something so simple and awesome.

i imagine its quite hard to find that balance between how much stims to put in things, you got a large chunk that want comps for c4, and another that want comps for hyde. you guys have any goals with that in mind yet?

i think we also sometimes lose perspective on what defines a beginner/educated consumer from posting on these boards (very high supp iq in general)

IRL:
educated=someone who knows what beta alanine is. not even how it works, but just knows what it is. lol.

a stim pes pre will sell like hotcakes, as well all know.
You have actually brought up quite an interesting question and something we have discussed a lot.

If you think back to the huge selling pre workout products over the last few years, the legends have usually been something that has a huge stimulant component however, regulation of these has obviously tightened hence people moving away from DMAA, AMP etc.

It is very difficult to strike a balance between stimulant strength and the other ergogenic ingredients.

For example, if we added caffeine to High Volume, how much would you add? If we did 400mg per two scoops a lot of people would think this is far too strong but if people wanted the high doses of citrulline and arginine nitrate, they would need the top end dose.

So, if we brought it down and had 300mg per two scoops we would be left with 150mg per scoop. There is a large chunk of the market who would say this simply isn't strong enough for them.

Either way, it is a very, very fine balance and it is impossible to please everyone. In a way I wish we could follow suit of just throwing stimulants in a jar and leaving out other expensive ingredients but this just isn't the way we want to formulate a product. :)

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
You have actually brought up quite an interesting question and something we have discussed a lot.

If you think back to the huge selling pre workout products over the last few years, the legends have usually been something that has a huge stimulant component however, regulation of these has obviously tightened hence people moving away from DMAA, AMP etc.

It is very difficult to strike a balance between stimulant strength and the other ergogenic ingredients.

For example, if we added caffeine to High Volume, how much would you add? If we did 400mg per two scoops a lot of people would think this is far too strong but if people wanted the high doses of citrulline and arginine nitrate, they would need the top end dose.

So, if we brought it down and had 300mg per two scoops we would be left with 150mg per scoop. There is a large chunk of the market who would say this simply isn't strong enough for them.

Either way, it is a very, very fine balance and it is impossible to please everyone. In a way I wish we could follow suit of just throwing stimulants in a jar and leaving out other expensive ingredients but this just isn't the way we want to formulate a product. :)
I can only guess how much hand wringing goes into that, very difficult decision im sure. it is impossible to please everyone regardless, as im sure you know VERY well. my best guess would be a mid-strong stim at 2 scoops, 60 scoop bottle, and the people left wanting more ergogens at 1 scoop will have to live with it as its a very small piece of the market who will complain in the first place as youre further dividing down educated people who even know better with high and low stim preferences.

easy for me to say of course haha.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can only guess how much hand wringing goes into that, very difficult decision im sure. it is impossible to please everyone regardless, as im sure you know VERY well. my best guess would be a mid-strong stim at 2 scoops, 60 scoop bottle, and the people left wanting more ergogens at 1 scoop will have to live with it as its a very small piece of the market who will complain in the first place as youre further dividing down educated people who even know better with high and low stim preferences.

easy for me to say of course haha.
Very hard, nearly impossible to have 60 scoops and keep price competitive, if you want quality ingredients.

squirtguns89

Awards
  • Established
Very hard, nearly impossible to have 60 scoops and keep price competitive, if you want quality ingredients.
indeed. alphamine has 84, HV has 36...idk, maybe not 60 but something along those lines i guess. ingredients in HV are more expensive than your typical stim ingredients so likely they would have to cut out some licensed nitrates ect whatever, although no clue on what other nifty things and costs of those theyll throw in there of course.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
PES would benefit the most by coming out with a pre that is built around a novel stim. This is because right now the preworkout category is in a sort of "limbo" with the ban of amp citrate, DMAA, and craze (for obv reasons). If you look closely, almost every supplement company is leaning towards pump and endurance ingredients and even some cases, natural anabolics. The next company to come out with a novel stim that actually works will be the company leaving the others in the dust. There are already non stim preworkouts that work, as there always has been. We dont need anymore. Stimmed pre workouts now days are simply the non-stim pump products cut in half + an absurd amount of caffeine + higenamine + huperzine + choline and sometimes theobromine. The stim matrix is completely boring now days. We need something new and powerful.

Nyrin

Awards
PES would benefit the most by coming out with a pre that is built around a novel stim.
I think that's exactly what they've been looking for and precisely why it's been a long time in coming with no ETA; from the little bits we've heard, they've been internally testing all sorts of stims trying to find "the good stuff;" e.g. you can see the relatively recent "meh, theacrine was nothing special" comments.

Finding a novel stimulant that's safe, effective, not likely to be implicated as a slayer of babies and kittens next week, and not already taken up by half of the stimulant-crazed supplement industry is no mean feat. It's practically impossible!

I have no doubt that if and when PES releases a stimmed preworkout it'll be great. In the meantime, Alphamine at least somewhat fills the niche and stacks nicely with HV, so I have no major complaints.

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
PES would benefit the most by coming out with a pre that is built around a novel stim. This is because right now the preworkout category is in a sort of "limbo" with the ban of amp citrate, DMAA, and craze (for obv reasons). If you look closely, almost every supplement company is leaning towards pump and endurance ingredients and even some cases, natural anabolics. The next company to come out with a novel stim that actually works will be the company leaving the others in the dust. There are already non stim preworkouts that work, as there always has been. We dont need anymore. Stimmed pre workouts now days are simply the non-stim pump products cut in half + an absurd amount of caffeine + higenamine + huperzine + choline and sometimes theobromine. The stim matrix is completely boring now days. We need something new and powerful.
hit the nail on the head.

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Yeah stimulants definitely seem to be the most touchy category when it comes to safety and avoiding the dictatorship of the FDA. I definitely have all the sympathy in the world for a company tirelessly trying to produce the next big stim ingredient. But when they do... it's going to blow the market away because it will stand out so much.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Slightly unrelated, but if my Alphamine is set to expire in August 31 of 2015, will it still be good past that? I have two tubs that expire at the end of this month and just want to make sure I don't need to trash them.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Slightly unrelated, but if my Alphamine is set to expire in August 31 of 2015, will it still be good past that? I have two tubs that expire at the end of this month and just want to make sure I don't need to trash them.
To be safe you better just send them to me.

I will dispose of them properly.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To be safe you better just send them to me.

I will dispose of them properly.
I'd hate to send someone a product that was no good or made them sick. Well, golly gosh, I'd just feel terrible! My garbage can has a steel stomach, though. I think he could handle it. ;)

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Finding a novel stimulant that's safe, effective, not likely to be implicated as a slayer of babies and kittens next week, and not already taken up by half of the stimulant-crazed supplement industry is no mean feat. It's practically impossible!
I'm not joking when I say I have personally (not even counting god knows how many Coop has been looking into since he's been looking longer) looked into over 500 stimulants to find the perfect one that satisfies those requirements. We don't just want something that feels good; we want to make sure it is safe and will be around for years to come (compliance).

LiveToLift

LiveToLift

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm not joking when I say I have personally (not even counting god knows how many Coop has been looking into since he's been looking longer) looked into over 500 stimulants to find the perfect one that satisfies those requirements. We don't just want something that feels good; we want to make sure it is safe and will be around for years to come (compliance).
This is a huge reason we have a group of followers who trust and truly care for what we do.