Trying out different Nootropic formulas

ilatimer1

Awards
Hey everyone, I am going to try out a couple of Nootropic supplements and was wondering if any of you have tried them? Here is what i am going to try:

Nootrobox Rise + Sprint:
Rise - Bacopa monnieri 300 mg
Rise - Rhodiola rosea 300 mg
Rise - α-GPC 300 mg

Sprint - Vitamin B12 1 mg
Sprint - Vitamin B6 20 mg
Sprint - L-Theanine 200 mg
Sprint - Glucuronolactone 185 mg
Sprint - Inositol 185 mg
Sprint - Caffeine 100 mg

Onnit Total Primate Care:
Total Primate Care Day Pack Contents: Stron BONE | Shroom TECH Immune | Alpha BRAIN | Shroom TECH Sport | Spirulina & Chlorella x2 | Krill Oil
Total Primate Care Night Pack Contents: New Mood | ViruTech | Shroom TECH Immune | Coral Calcium | Spirulina & Chlorella x2 | Krill Oil

Let me know if you have tried either one of these.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
If it doesn't tell list the amount of actives from the herbal ingredients then don't even bother with the first, secondly I wouldn't want to be taking an additional b6 supplement as too much might put one at risk for nerve damage and lastly onnit is overpriced.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I think there are likely some better options out there to start with.

If cost is a concern, powder city has some great prices on bulks and you can order smaller sample sizes to try out before dropping some real $. Noots affect everyone differently, so it typically takes a bit of testing out on types, timing and dosages before you find a sweet spot.

Just my 2 cents. SNS also carries a number of noots at really good prices, and its a highly respectable company.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If it doesn't tell list the amount of actives from the herbal ingredients then don't even bother with the first, secondly I wouldn't want to be taking an additional b6 supplement as too much might put one at risk for nerve damage and lastly onnit is overpriced.
Pretty much this. You need to know the extract % and ratios with rhodiola and bacopa.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you haven't experimented with noots before Focus XT (caffein or caffein free versions) is a good place to start!

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Onnit seems way overpriced for what you get.

I haven't personally used any of their products so I can't say from experience, but I feel like you can get all the same ingredients they use for way cheaper elsewhere.

Regarding nootropics, check out any of the racetams (aniracetam, piracetam, oxiracetam, etc.) and stack it with a choline source.

Or just cut to the chase and get some modafinil.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Onnit is overpriced for what you get, but it makes it simple for those that don't understand what the ingredients do. They have a star list of sponsored athletes and that helps sell the products. But, if it takes a beginner and makes them start researching and understanding the ingredient lists, then I suppose they aren't all that bad.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I second the Focus XT for a nice nootropic blend for pre workout or for studying for schoo, which is how I usually use it. There are other ways to experiment with nootropics too. Try out individual ingredients and see what you like and if it fits what you are looking to get out of it.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I second the Focus XT for a nice nootropic blend for pre workout or for studying for schoo, which is how I usually use it. There are other ways to experiment with nootropics too. Try out individual ingredients and see what you like and if it fits what you are looking to get out of it.
I'd agree as well.

I use Focus XT while working in the office. Personally I like the caffeinated version best, though one should assess gastro tolerance with it starting out. At first I was a bit disappointed with Focus XT but the effect seems to build over time.

After a week plus using it you'll feel more focused and sharp even while off of it. Its not a "matrix" mind blowing effect, but subtle and noticeable. A good noot blend to start with indeed.

kingjameskjf

kingjameskjf

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the way you put it kbox. I feel that its also not a kick to the teeth or any jarring effect but more subtle and builds with use. I def like the caffeine version best too.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established

ilatimer1

Awards
Hey guys, thanks for the advice and info. I decided to give Nootrobox (Rise/Sprint/Yawn) a try. I did research on each of the ingredients and they seem to be dosed pretty well. I took them for the first time today and the results were kind of cool. I actually opened up the Sprint capsule and added it to my intra workout mix (Intra-MD). The Sprint bottle says that it benefits Energy, Clarity, and Flow and no ****, I was doing my cooldown on the treadmill and looked outside and noticed how green the trees were :). Its only one day, so I will see how it goes over the next 30 days.