ArA and High BP

JReinhal

Awards
  • Established
Hello,
Quick question. I understand this site does not provide medical advice. So with that out of the way, what are folks' thoughts on supplementing ArA whilst having high BP ( currently controlled with BP medication)? Specifically with Omega-6's pro inflammatory effects. Would this be something I would want to avoid supplementing?
Thank you.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Hello,
Quick question. I understand this site does not provide medical advice. So with that out of the way, what are folks' thoughts on supplementing ArA whilst having high BP ( currently controlled with BP medication)? Specifically with Omega-6's pro inflammatory effects. Would this be something I would want to avoid supplementing?
Thank you.
ArA does not work exclusively in muscle tissue, causing a inflammatory response throughout the body. This can lead to an increase in BP.

One study noted (in rats), that administration of ArA initially caused a transient decrease in BP, followed by a sustained increase in arterial BP, as well as vascular resistance. Additionally, this caused a reduction in renal blood flow, which in lay terms caused a cascade of events leading to vasoconstriction (and in turn higher BP).

Increases in BP began 5-15min after administation of ArA, and continued to a peak, baselining back to normal about 1 hour later. The rise was equivalent to 25 mmHg above baseline.

Acta Physiol Scand. 2000 Sep;170(1):1-9.
Sustained increase in arterial blood pressure and vascular resistance induced by infusion of arachidonic acid in rats.
Kirkebø A1, Haugan A, Mesteig K.

JReinhal

Awards
  • Established
Excellent information. Thank you for that. ArA appears to be a no-go for me.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Excellent information. Thank you for that. ArA appears to be a no-go for me.
Its up to you.

Always good to be informed. Based on your individual situation and current BP (with medication), an increase of that magnitude for 1 hour plus may not be a serious risk factor. Then again, it may be. Could always discuss with your doctor if a transient increase from this or other factors for a couple hours would be dangerous or not.

Two other good natural alternatives (one of which can lower BP), are:

1. PA (phosphatidic acid). I get mine from soy letcithin for CHEAP.

2. (-)epi - EP1C is the best imo due to the phytoFUSE technology for better absorption.
*Bonus for being an anti-inflamatory + can spur angiogenesis, which you may be interested in for heart protection with high BP. I have a family history of heart disease and I'm on (-)epi for the health benefits as well as for endurance and anabolism.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You could always supplement with Celery Seed Extract or other items that assist in lowering blood pressure.

If you're not interested in that, what are your goals, maybe we can help suggest something else for you.

JReinhal

Awards
  • Established
Thank you for your reply. At this point Im just not willing to mess with my inflammatory response due to cardiovascular issues. So with that said, ArA and stimulants are off of my list. My goal is a lean bulk during a 2 and a half month window that ends with a vacation. On my list are Anabeta Elite and EP1C.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
You should check out anafuse as well. Awesome natural anabolic by vital labs