Beef protein powder Vs Whey Protein

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Whats the difference?
I've seen some people swear by beef protein powder and some people laugh at the idea of supplementing with it.

Plus beef protein sounds like it taste like dirt.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Beef protein powder is one of the worst powders for the money. WPC is still the best value.

GreekTheBrick

GreekTheBrick

Awards
  • Established
Beef protein is usually made from animal nails skin, so..

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Whats the difference?
I've seen some people swear by beef protein powder and some people laugh at the idea of supplementing with it.

Plus beef protein sounds like it taste like dirt.
Research still shows whey as the highest grade protein source available.
Carnivor is made primarily from collagen, not muscle tissue. It's inferior to whey.
Due to the cost of the raw materials, most "beef" protein powders use discarded parts like collagen and even blood.

Believe it or not, but even tongue is too expensive for use in beef protein powder. Just realize you are getting the scraps of the scraps.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
If you love protein high in non essential amino's and eating liquid cow *******s that were dried out, then be my guest. Otherwise stick with whey or casein or anything but beef protein

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yep you're definitely better going with whey or a blend. PES select all the way.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wrote an article on this that will be out in the near future.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Just use egg protein
Or even pea

Or more meat :)
Previously used egg protein, pea, various vegan proteins, but I really do like the MuscleMeds carnivore. I eat plenty of meat, own a BBQ restaurant

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Previously used egg protein, pea, various vegan proteins, but I really do like the MuscleMeds carnivore. I eat plenty of meat, own a BBQ restaurant
Not hitting your totals with it?
I couldnt imagine having a shake if i always had meat available

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I don't really do calorie or macro monitoring to a T, I'm sure if I did I would be. Honestly, the whole protein shake thing has just been a daily habitual process really.

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
I don't really do calorie or macro monitoring to a T, I'm sure if I did I would be. Honestly, the whole protein shake thing has just been a daily habitual process really.

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Isn't carnivore mainly collagen & gelatin? The added creatine & BCAA's are what's providing the real benefits.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Isn't carnivore mainly collagen & gelatin? The added creatine & BCAA's are what's providing the real benefits.
Yeah. Slightly lame

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, looks like it after digging in more. I've been pleased with my progress while using it though, def open to trying other beef proteins

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, looks like it after digging in more. I've been pleased with my progress while using it though, def open to trying other beef proteins

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
I picked some carnivor mass for my cycle. Can't wait to be done with it. Pretty sure it's just a 10lb bag of creatine.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Research still shows whey as the highest grade protein source available.
Carnivor is made primarily from collagen, not muscle tissue. It's inferior to whey.
Due to the cost of the raw materials, most "beef" protein powders use discarded parts like collagen and even blood.

Believe it or not, but even tongue is too expensive for use in beef protein powder. Just realize you are getting the scraps of the scraps.

JPSwole

JPSwole

Awards
U should try the one from Bentancourt Nutrition it says 0 collagen or gelatin. Definitely seems better than carnivore.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Do you understand the meaning of collagen/gelatin described by others? It maybe good for your joints but that's about it...

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Do you understand the meaning of collagen/gelatin described by others? It maybe good for your joints but that's about it...
Of course I do, which is why I said I am open to trying others above. Not sure why you feel the need to make implied insults?

EDIT: I came in to mention about how I was using Carnivore, I've learned more about it since the creation of this thread. As someone who is lactose with dairy issues and didn't care for vegan proteins, I was just happy to have something that did not bring down my quality of life. I learned stuff in this thread, so will be looking else where now. Hence the purpose of AM for me (to learn) :)

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Are these collagen / gelatin based or meat:

1.Betancourt Nutrition Beef Standard
2.Dymatize Elite Primal
3.Revolutions Beef Protein Isolate
4.Ronnie Coleman King Beef
5.SAN 100% Pure Titanium Beef Supreme
6.MHP IsoPrime 100% Beef
7.MuscleTech Platinum 100% Beef Protein

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established

2.Dymatize Elite Primal
6.MHP IsoPrime 100% Beef
7.MuscleTech Platinum 100% Beef Protein
The MHP IsoPrime 100% Beef Protein claims to be no collagen or gelatin, not sure of the others.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure bulk powders over here in the UK sell a beef protein powder that claims to be from meat and not collagen and bones.

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

2.Dymatize Elite Primal
6.MHP IsoPrime 100% Beef