Stable supplement (categories)

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
What's you guys most used staple supplement categories? As in what type of supplements do you use about 8 months out
the year?? Not a name of a product more like for a goal. For instance my staples are:

Multi
Vegan protein
pre-workout
Natty Test boosters

I can live without:
Creatine
NO only products
fat burners
BCAA's
Complex Carb powders

Just wondering what other people use mostly.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Multivitamin, fish oil, protein powder, creatine, and digestive enzymes for me. The rest depends on what goals I'm trying to achieve at that time.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
This plus Vitamin C and D for me.
Yeah i just started experimenting w 2000iu of vit D/day bc recently i dawned on me i dnt get enough soon up here in gothom gloomy Chicago where its cloudy like 4 days a week. When i was in Florida it was cloudy like 10 days a yr

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Mine have to be
Pre workout and a good protein supplement. Everything else in kinda just extra.
You're a vegan chuckdiesel?

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Mine have to be
Pre workout and a good protein supplement. Everything else in kinda just extra.
You're a vegan chuckdiesel?
Nah i love meat. Haha. I just am extremely lactose intolerance but have a high protein requirement....and dnt like eating all day.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Nah i love meat. Haha. I just am extremely lactose intolerance but have a high protein requirement....and dnt like eating all day.
Lol I was about to say chuckdiesel is the real "vegan gains".

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Lol I was about to say chuckdiesel is the real "vegan gains".
Haha i dnt think id make it. My sis tried to go vegan in college and fainted at a track meet. Doctor said her iron and zinc was too low.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Haha i dnt think id make it. My sis tried to go vegan in college and fainted at a track meet. Doctor said her iron and zinc was too low.
She was probably drained of energy all the time. I couldn't go vegan, maybe vegetarian. I believe the difference is vegans won't drink dairy and won't eat eggs, I gotta have my whey and egg whites lol

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yeah i just started experimenting w 2000iu of vit D/day bc recently i dawned on me i dnt get enough soon up here in gothom gloomy Chicago where its cloudy like 4 days a week. When i was in Florida it was cloudy like 10 days a yr
What part of Chicago are you in? I moved down to Dallas from there about 2 years ago and would gladly trade places with you.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Multi
Psyllium husk
Soy lecithin (using about a month now but will stay on it year around)
Preworkout
Creatine
Bcaas/EAAs

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
What part of Chicago are you in? I moved down to Dallas from there about 2 years ago and would gladly trade places with you.
Some ppl like Dallas....i dont think I would., I use to live in San Antonio...Dallas seems like a city with no Identity. South Suburbs of Chicago.
Grew up on south side then left for the Air Force at 18.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Multi
Psyllium husk
Soy lecithin (using about a month now but will stay on it year around)
Preworkout
Creatine
Bcaas/EAAs
i forgot I do take Psyllium at night, but I think I can do without it.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Multivitamin, fish oil, protein powder, creatine, and digestive enzymes for me. The rest depends on what goals I'm trying to achieve at that time.
Agree here i would add a probiotic and vitamin D (especially for those who do not get enough sunlight)

mattikus

mattikus

Awards
  • Established
Eaas - I use quality eaa supplements in place of protein powder most of the time
Preworkout
Carb powder
Adaptogens - big fan of ashwagandha, schizandra, maral root
Caffeine - slight addiction
*** and I'm ready for that joint health/relief combo from you Chuck :) may need to make that a staple soon

Use a lot but don't need:
anti estrogens - sometimes just a low dose due to all the environmental estrogens, processed foods, yada yadda
phosphatidylserine - for cortisol and mental health
nootropics - noopept, centrophenoxine, dmae
Probiotics

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
What's you guys most used staple supplement categories? As in what type of supplements do you use about 8 months out
the year?? Not a name of a product more like for a goal. For instance my staples are:

Multi
Vegan protein
pre-workout
Natty Test boosters

I can live without:
Creatine
NO only products
fat burners
BCAA's
Complex Carb powders

Just wondering what other people use mostly.
Strange you'd rather test boosters over creatine.
Creatine is pretty proven.

Mine would probably be
Creatine
Fish oil
Beta Alanine
Vitamin D
Coffee

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Strange you'd rather test boosters over creatine.
Well I came up powerlifting before creatine was even popular after EAS started. So i never took it pre 2005. Its good but im talking like "cant live w/o." Now that i think abt it...every powerlifting meet I ever won was b4 i had ever used creatine.

Im more of a testosterone and CNS person.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Just a little off topic..there was this company in the mid-90's called Dexter Sports science..or nutrition. They was a mail-order store. There was no internet really till 1995. They sold this liquid ephedrind product and liquid yohimbe which stacked was the 10x better effect on my training than creatine ever was. For me. Maybe because theres other ways for you 2 get creatine than taking it. You can make it frm glycine

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Some ppl like Dallas....i dont think I would., I use to live in San Antonio...Dallas seems like a city with no Identity. South Suburbs of Chicago.
Grew up on south side then left for the Air Force at 18.
Cool. I was born and raised in the south suburbs. South Holland and then moved into Chicago. Dallas sucks and is just a temporary thing.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
She was probably drained of energy all the time. I couldn't go vegan, maybe vegetarian. I believe the difference is vegans won't drink dairy and won't eat eggs, I gotta have my whey and egg whites lol
Vegans don't eat fish or dairy, correct. Some vegetarians eat fish and eggs, I don't understand how they eat eggs tho....

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Cool. I was born and raised in the south suburbs. South Holland and then moved into Chicago. Dallas sucks and is just a temporary thing.
Ha, I graduated from Thornwood in S. Holland. Small world! My sister's pictures line the hallways there
outside the gym from track. I was in the book for years for having like the 5th highest vertical there in strength
and conditioning class. Use to live in Calumet City when I went there.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
You know whats crazy, in like 13 yrs of being in the military, all over the place, and in sports nutrition. Everyone I come across is from the south side or south suburbs. No one is ever from the northside or north suburbs. Its like they never leave there or workout or something.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ha, I graduated from Thornwood in S. Holland. Small world! Use to live in Calumet City when I went there.
Thornwood class of 94 right here. My parents are still living in the neighborhood and one of the guys I graduated with is back there as Assistant Principal. Cool to see another T-Bird on here!

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Thornwood class of 94 right here. My parents are still living in the neighborhood and one of the guys I graduated with is back there as Assistant Principal. Cool to see another T-Bird on here!
wtf...I graduated in 94. PM me. You prob know me and my Twin and my sis. I use to wrestle there.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
You know whats crazy, in like 13 yrs of being in the military, all over the place, and in sports nutrition. Everyone I come across is from the south side or south suburbs. No one is ever from the northside or north suburbs. Its like they never leave there or workout or something.
Sorry to everybody else for hijacking the thread lol. Northside can afford $100/hour personal trainers if they work out. Southside requires training for survival. Even the suburbs are no joke. I got quite the education at Thornwood in and out of school and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Sorry to everybody else for hijacking the thread lol. Northside can afford $100/hour personal trainers if they work out. Southside requires training for survival. Even the suburbs are no joke. I got quite the education at Thornwood in and out of school and wouldn't trade it for anything.
I did also, a lot of athletes came from there and also Thornton (spent my 1st two years at Thornton). I was watching track the other day
and Reggie Torrian still has the NCAA record for hurdles like 10 yrs later.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Eaas - I use quality eaa supplements in place of protein powder most of the time
Preworkout
Carb powder
Adaptogens - big fan of ashwagandha, schizandra, maral root
Caffeine - slight addiction
*** and I'm ready for that joint health/relief combo from you Chuck :) may need to make that a staple soon

Use a lot but don't need:
anti estrogens - sometimes just a low dose due to all the environmental estrogens, processed foods, yada yadda
phosphatidylserine - for cortisol and mental health
nootropics - noopept, centrophenoxine, dmae
Probiotics
Have you found a good source for maral root? Would you mind sharing? I'm currently in the process of searching for a quality maral or suma root extract.

Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, Bacopa, Caffeine, Theanine, and ALCAR are staples for me when I have classes (not just for the cognitive, memeory, energy, and anti-fatigue effects, but for reducing stress and anxiety).

My muscle related staples are creatine monohydrate, beta alanine, and betaine anhydrous.

Spirulina has also become a staple for me recently, and bromelain may be as well soon.

Agmatine is also a staple for me as well, and not just for pumps, but also for pain.

Citrulline and taurine (and agmatine) are my pre-workout staples.

PA, from lecithin granules for a while, has also been a staple for me up until the last few months I've been on vacation during, and I haven't been taking them often at all, and I've lost a bit of strength (although a less than stellar diet and reduced training frequency surely play a role here as well). I have a big supply of PS to try soon, so perhaps I'll try high doses of PS (>800mg) instead of PA for a while and 're-evaluate from there.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have yet to ever use Agmatine, I will try it. I like having ingredients my body have never seen tho' Summa Root and PS are other ones.
Have you found a good source for Suma root? I'm looking for one now, and waiting on COAs from various extracts at vastly differing price points. I recall Mixelflick saying he likes 25:1 extract, but it's very difficult to find, and that Adaptogen N used a 20% extract that people seemed to like.

I found an extract claiming 25%, but I'm waiting on a COA. Same goes for a 2.5% extract and 4:1 and 10:1 extracts. Of course there's always the root powder itself I can try if I can't pin down a quality extract.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
Have you found a good source for Suma root? I'm looking for one now, and waiting on COAs from various extracts at vastly differing price points. I recall Mixelflick saying he likes 25:1 extract, but it's very difficult to find, and that Adaptogen N used a 20% extract that people seemed to like.

I found an extract claiming 25%, but I'm waiting on a COA. Same goes for a 2.5% extract and 4:1 and 10:1 extracts. Of course there's always the root powder itself I can try if I can't pin down a quality extract.
no..... also (unfortunately) a COA is just a paper saying "yeah its this, sure it is". With Summa, its like American Ginseng, a COA wont help you and they require high dosages like 1-2g a day. American Ginseng, not Panax. So with those you just have to use them and see what is a good extract. 50:1, 20:1, 10:1, 100:1, trust me, I been in this business a long time, ppl throw whatever they want on COAs when it comes to full spectrum extracts because there is no way to quantify them. Not even with UV-VIS which is the cheapest test you can perform on a herbal extract.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
no..... also (unfortunately) a COA is just a paper saying "yeah its this, sure it is". With Summa, its like American Ginseng, a COA wont help you and they require high dosages like 1-2g a day. American Ginseng, not Panax. So with those you just have to use them and see what is a good extract. 50:1, 20:1, 10:1, 100:1, trust me, I been in this business a long time, ppl throw whatever they want on COAs when it comes to full spectrum extracts because there is no way to quantify them. Not even with UV-VIS which is the cheapest test you can perform on a herbal extract.
Makes sense. I did find a 100:1 tongkat Ali powder that I really like, and it tastes very bitter like a paper said it should, and also a 6:1 maca powder that I like.

At the moment, I'm looking to try:
-Suma or maral root
-American Ginseng (I was planning on looking for a standardized extract)
-Kanna

I guess I'll just have to try one that looks decent and give it a go.

(Sorry to derail the thread)

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Chicago Southsider here. 47th/Halsted