LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ This! It makes it so much easier once you find pin point your goal and then base your diet, training and supps around that.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
In to see your goals. And curious what tons of protein is and where it's coming from

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
never seen it writen 1 max rep, always 1rep max.
Also you don't need sugars after a workout to fill your glycogen stores. Seems to me like you have listened to the all the popularized bodybuilding "tips"?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
In to help once we determine the question/goals :)

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
never seen it writen 1 max rep, always 1rep max.
Also you don't need sugars after a workout to fill your glycogen stores. Seems to me like you have listened to the all the popularized bodybuilding "tips"?
I was going to mention this as well. No reason to be slamming dextrose/maltodextrin post workout. Unless you are training for something like a triathlon, your glycogen stores will be fine with proper diet.

Dverb92

Awards
At first, it was mostly just size that I wanted but that has proven to be extremely difficult due to how long my arms are.
I guess my main priority is "to look the part".
Only because I've gained tons of strength over the last year, but I don't look like much has changed much in size. Well I say that,
Check out my Instagram before and afters! (atokad92)
My next priority would be to be as freakishly strong as possible. I've come to realize impressing someone with the way you look has nothing on how you feel when a noodle arm country boy gets under 175%-200% of his body weight and nails it! Lol

Dverb92

Awards
Not really too up to date with the lingo lol
Ah they got a few local "professionals" that say I need fast digesting carbs and sugars immediately after workout to replenish glycogen stores.

Dverb92

Awards
I drink 2-4 scoops a day of ISO 100 and I try to eat as much meat and eggs as possible. Also tons of peanut butter, oats, milk, yogurt etc

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you could post a typical days food intake/ what your workouts are like that'll help. As a fellow tall guy/long arms, don't get discouraged, gains are for everyone!

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I'm 5'7" with a 6'1" wingspan. I think it has something to do with my scoliosis (44 degree curve in my T-spine). Anyway, it does suck on some lifts, but I'm about 165 pounds and can deadlift 425...so it does have its advantages haha.

The fast digesting carb thing was debunked years ago. No point in spiking your insulin. It's about proper nutrition in the long run. I'd replace all those calories with some real food!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
Not really too up to date with the lingo lol
Ah they got a few local "professionals" that say I need fast digesting carbs and sugars immediately after workout to replenish glycogen stores.
that is false, you don't need to do that. Not to mention protein can also replenish glycogen stores

I drink 2-4 scoops a day of ISO 100 and I try to eat as much meat and eggs as possible. Also tons of peanut butter, oats, milk, yogurt etc
without tracking your calories and macronutrients(protein,fat,carb) you will never know if you are in a caloric surplus which is needed to gain mass

Dverb92

Awards
It is all so much at once but I'm liking it! Thank you guys!

Ok lately, (unfortunately) no breakfast. If anything a scoop of ISO

Lunch I'll eat Aarie serving of chicken fish or turkey

Dinner a large serving of beef and grains

(That's just a quick run down of what I eat the most on average without snacks or anything else in between. I have a baby due in 2 weeks so my focus on nutrition has been put on the back burner for a while.

Dverb92

Awards
Also not to mention a lot of late night snacking lol.
Olives, couple scoops of ice cream, broccoli and ranch I mean just any random thing lol

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
If you are truly trying to gain (or cut) you need to track your macros. Some people will argue against this, but if you're not making progress (getting bigger, leaner, what ever your goal is) then you need to start tracking. I would get an app or go online and find the nutrition info of what you eat in a normal day so you can breakdown your macros (and thus calories). Then adjust according to your goals. There are tons of macro splits out there, so you're going to have to experiment a little to find out what best suits your body. And don't worry so much about missing breakfast, a lot of guys make great progress with intermittent fasting. Hell, I've even made good progress at times with the warrior diet (fasting 20 hours, eating 4)!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You need to eat a LOT more if you want to gain and track your calories/macros if you're serious about it. You can try to guesstimate serving sizes, but until you do it for a long time, you will be over or under 9/10 times.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bru and ant are right on point there. I'll also add, is this your first child? I know I just took a step back when my daughter was born and focused on her, waited til we got into a routine with her then started dialing everything in. Now I didn't just eat whatever I wanted or anything but definitely wasn't in any position to be training seriously or tracking. I'd say get a gameplan, enjoy your new kiddo and all that brings, and then dive in. And enjoy your time with that little one!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Bigman1292 Natural Bodybuilding 0
PhantomReaper General Chat 36
Supplements 0
Post Cycle Therapy 14
Dominus Anabolics 48