Any Merit to Fenugreek/Testofen or Bulbine?

derek565

Awards
Hello all,

I've been doing some research on natural test boosters via reading old threads on this forum, bb.com, and also reading entries on examine.com. There doesn't seem to be a concrete opinion on whether these supplements are worth it or not. It looks like there are still some safety concerns with bulbine and estrogenic concerns with fenugreek. Does anybody have a large amount of experience with them? I'd greatly appreciate any feedback and responses!

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
there are estrogenic concerns with high doses of bulbine too.
I mean both ingredients have merit as a natural test booster but personally i think longjack is the best herb for boosting test.
then fadogia is good too you need to get a good quality of both though as the supplement industry is rampant with subpar quality herbs.

derek565

Awards
Thank you for responding! I haven't read much about long jack, but it looks promising. Would Powder City be a good place to buy it in bulk?

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
there are estrogenic concerns with high doses of bulbine too.
I mean both ingredients have merit as a natural test booster but personally i think longjack is the best herb for boosting test.
then fadogia is good too you need to get a good quality of both though as the supplement industry is rampant with subpar quality herbs.
I've used Bulbine a few times for 6 week cycles and I didn't notice any negative issues from it except for better
sleep, enhanced vascularity, and by week 3 very good libido and at only 1 cap a day so you need to remember that
this herb doesn't need to be dosed high and if you weigh under 200lbs you shouldn't go for me than 2 caps a day and
over 200lbs you can go 2-3 caps but I wouldn't go more than 3 at over 200lbs because of the estrogen issues that can
occur at high doses. From my experience SNS is the brand I highly recommend for the quality and unbeatable pricing.

derek565

Awards
Thank you for your feedback! Have you tried long jack or fenugreek as well by chance?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use to use fenugreek because it was fairly cheap and I thought it was effective but now I would just suggest getting something like blr viron.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Hello all,

I've been doing some research on natural test boosters via reading old threads on this forum, bb.com, and also reading entries on examine.com. There doesn't seem to be a concrete opinion on whether these supplements are worth it or not. It looks like there are still some safety concerns with bulbine and estrogenic concerns with fenugreek. Does anybody have a large amount of experience with them? I'd greatly appreciate any feedback and responses!
Long Jack. Specifically anything LJ100 (standardized and patented). Olympus Labs has LJ100 and there is at least one member on this board that got pre and post bloodwork with OL LJ100 that sowed an increase in free test and a decrease in SHGB.

derek565

Awards
Thank you so much everyone for your posts, I really appreciate it. I was feeling lost. Im thinking that I'll buy SNS Bulbine from Amazon, then Tongkat Ali 200:1 from Powder City. Does this seem like a good stack and are these reliable vendors?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Thank you so much everyone for your posts, I really appreciate it. I was feeling lost. Im thinking that I'll buy SNS Bulbine from Amazon, then Tongkat Ali 200:1 from Powder City. Does this seem like a good stack and are these reliable vendors?
I would personally stick with something with LJ100 in it tbh. I've seen bloodwork on a number of Long Jack supplements and anything other than products with LJ100 seem to be all over the board with results.

Not saying you won't get results, but its hard to say without trying out their blend yourself first. Its one of those herbs where the extract, extract methods and source tend to make a difference.

ericool007

ericool007

Awards
  • Established
I use bulk supplements 100:1 tongkat ali powder, seems to be good quality for price but if cost was no concern i would still choose olympus labs LJ100 over it.

or BLR viron

derek565

Awards
I would personally stick with something with LJ100 in it tbh. I've seen bloodwork on a number of Long Jack supplements and anything other than products with LJ100 seem to be all over the board with results.

Not saying you won't get results, but its hard to say without trying out their blend yourself first. Its one of those herbs where the extract, extract methods and source tend to make a difference.
Oh, I was under the impression that Tongkat Ali was the best kind and had the most studies backing it. Thanks for letting me know! Are there any good bulk LJ100 powders?

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love Longjack. One cap of bulbine is enough for me and I weigh 250. Fadogia (in my opinion) is the best on the market. Problem is its hard to find. The best fadogia comes from the stem. Not the root

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Oh, I was under the impression that Tongkat Ali was the best kind and had the most studies backing it. Thanks for letting me know! Are there any good bulk LJ100 powders?
LJ100 is tongkat ali, but it is a patented standardized extract of it with studies backing it up.

I'm not aware of any bulks of LJ100, but Olympus Labs has the product in caps (they literally call it LJ100 since that is what it is). Has also been shown to reduce cortisol as well.

derek565

Awards
Oh okay, that clears things up. Sorry for the stupid question. I see that Amazon carries Olympus Labs LJ100, would that be a good place to get it? I've read that Amazon isn't always trustworthy for buying supplements.

mechka_grizli

mechka_grizli

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Oh okay, that clears things up. Sorry for the stupid question. I see that Amazon carries Olympus Labs LJ100, would that be a good place to get it? I've read that Amazon isn't always trustworthy for buying supplements.
Plenty of others places to get it. Try getrippednutrition or nutriverse

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Should be fine, but you might get a better deal at Nutra or Nutri - verse tbh.

OR if you hang tight GNO can prob hook you up with a discount code for the OL site.

Reactions: GNO

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

i would love to see the blood work!

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
i would love to see the blood work!
chedapalooza - You did bloodwork on LJ100 right? Mind sharing the results with this gent?

derek565

Awards
I just thought I'd go with Amazon because they carry SNS Bulbine too, but I'd be more than willing to order from OL if I could get a better deal! I'll be sure to check out Nutraplanet, Nutriverse, and Get Ripped Nutrition too. Man, everybody's so nice on these forums, thank you all for the warm welcome! Also, I'd love to see the blood work if anybody happens to have it and if it isn't a hassle to post it.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Your call on whether you want to go the Amazon route. I personally trust Nutri or NP more.

You can order from the Olympus-Labs.com site as well... GNO30 will get you 30% off :)

derek565

Awards
Your call on whether you want to go the Amazon route. I personally trust Nutri or NP more.

You can order from the Olympus-Labs.com site as well... GNO30 will get you 30% off :)
30%? Wow! Thank you so much, I really appreciate it!