Licorice and Arginine nitrates

MassMonster76

Awards
is it ok to use these two compounds daily together since one increases blood pressure and one decreases it

thanks

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
is it ok to use these two compounds daily together since one increases blood pressure and one decreases it

thanks

I don't believe they would cause an adverse reaction together.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea you should be good. I get awesome pump when using Arginine nitrates!

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established

thanks
No specific interactions with arginine, but is there a specific reason you are taking licorice?

It has been proven to LOWER testosterone AND INCREASE cortisol (@500mg or more). Corresponding with the increase in cortisol is a moderate increase in BP as well, but taking arginine with it may mediate this.

Below are just a few studies for review if you are interested. If you are taking under 500mg you should be fine. I can look up the dose equivalent to 500mg if you are just eating plain old licorice candy.

CORTISOL STUDIES:

Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2011 Apr 10;336(1-2):102-9. doi: 10.1016/j.mce.2010.12.011. Epub 2010 Dec 22.
Liquorice and glycyrrhetinic acid increase DHEA and deoxycorticosterone levels in vivo and in vitro by inhibiting adrenal SULT2A1 activity.

J Hum Hypertens. 2003 Feb;17(2):125-31.
Subjects with essential hypertension are more sensitive to the inhibition of 11 beta-HSD by liquorice

TESTOSTERONE:

Exp Clin Endocrinol Diabetes. 2003 Sep;111(6):341-3.
Licorice consumption and serum testosterone in healthy man.

MassMonster76

Awards
I am using a straight liquorice bark fried in honey. I got it from a Chinese Medicine store. I am using it for my adrenals as it seems to help with my burnout