PES Select Snickerdoodle - can I be honest?

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
Here we go again, It is again, in my cart of purchases, and I do not know whether to buy it or not.

Why?

I can be honest?

lol, in all seriousness after reading all these reviews on the taste of this protein I was excited, so excited I decided to not order it online and jsut go to VS directly to buy some, great news was VS is having a sale on Select and Erase pro which I took advantage of.

Went home took a leveled scoop thru it in 12 oz of water stirring which im not sure if my wrist game weak but was a LITTLE clumpy still took a big chug and man..

this **** taste like ass ! lol

So many other proteins taste so much better.

Either way, I have a high tolerance for taste so it's not a big problem just thought how funny people opinions can differ. Surprised it being the best rated flavor on BB.com as well.

Smh, oh well.

PES the flavor sucks too me but your marketing is top notch, you made me feel I been drinking protein powder all wrong and theres more to a science by it.

lol

Warning, I LOVE YOU, PES! I spend a lot of money to buy their products, because I find it a home, serious, reliable, and sells high-quality products. A unique brand.

So mine is not a polemic, I'm just talking with you, It is to understand, maybe it's just the wrong impression.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You can be completely honest and we appreciate the feedback. Sorry it wasn't all that you expected though.

I'd be interested if you used a shaker and less water, instead of using a spoon to mix it, which I didn't know people still did.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
I personally loved it. It's the best protein I have ever had in my life as far as taste goes.

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
You can be completely honest and we appreciate the feedback. Sorry it wasn't all that you expected though.

I'd be interested if you used a shaker and less water, instead of using a spoon to mix it, which I didn't know people still did.
Not a big deal, just was shocked on how it didnt go with my taste buds at all. Like i was tricked or something haha

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not a big deal, just was shocked on how it didnt go with my taste buds at all. Like i was tricked or something haha
You're not alone but one of a select few who dislike Snickerdoodle.

Busted taste buds I am thinking :)

touchless21

Awards
  • Established
It doesn't taste as bad as you're describing it to me, but I never liked it either. I bought it on the insider and never bought it again. Took me a while to get rid of.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For those who aren't a fan of Snickerdoodle, have you tried putting it in oats or cream or rice/wheat or malt-o-meal?

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
For those who aren't a fan of Snickerdoodle, have you tried putting it in oats or cream or rice/wheat or malt-o-meal?
Snickerdoodle in oats is fantastic. Not my favorite flavor of shake (chocolate peanut butter cup FTW!) but it's amazing in oats

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Here we go again, It is again, in my cart of purchases, and I do not know whether to buy it or not.

Why?

I can be honest?

lol, in all seriousness after reading all these reviews on the taste of this protein I was excited, so excited I decided to not order it online and jsut go to VS directly to buy some, great news was VS is having a sale on Select and Erase pro which I took advantage of.

Went home took a leveled scoop thru it in 12 oz of water stirring which im not sure if my wrist game weak but was a LITTLE clumpy still took a big chug and man..

this **** taste like ass ! lol

So many other proteins taste so much better.

Either way, I have a high tolerance for taste so it's not a big problem just thought how funny people opinions can differ. Surprised it being the best rated flavor on BB.com as well.

Smh, oh well.

PES the flavor sucks too me but your marketing is top notch, you made me feel I been drinking protein powder all wrong and theres more to a science by it.

lol

Warning, I LOVE YOU, PES! I spend a lot of money to buy their products, because I find it a home, serious, reliable, and sells high-quality products. A unique brand.

So mine is not a polemic, I'm just talking with you, It is to understand, maybe it's just the wrong impression.
I had the opportunity to try 2 samples recently. First, I'll say that PES is a solid company with great products of the highest quality.

AND now to the taste:

Sweet with cinnamon. Decent in water, but a LOT better with milk. Good overall flavor, and I'd like it on occasion but for a regular every day protein its just a bit too sweet for my liking. With that said, I thought to myself it would make one heck of a milkshake and would be outstanding in other recipes (protein bars, cookies, etc).

As has been noted, playing with the amount of water and other things to mix it into (milk, almond milk, etc) can make ALL the difference in finding the right amount of flavor that suits you best.

I'd love to try some of their other flavors. Many sound absolutely delicious...just can't see myself buying 6 tubs to try them all without knowing first.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pes select protein. Is definitely a good tasting powder. And a lot of protein powders taste better in milk rather than just water.

luke93

Awards
Try snickerdoodle with milk-best tasting thing ever

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I'm not a fan of drinking the PES Snickerdoodle myself. The gritty parts and flavor just didn't do it for me..

I did like it in pancakes though. Im not giving up hope though, I'd love to try the other flavors still.

Mumbles01

Mumbles01

Awards
  • Established
Somebody drop the ban hammer on this guy for being honest!
Lol jk

I personally love all the flavored they make. But to each their own.

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
Forgot to mention I'm very sensitive to dairy products, I can't drink milk at all

And select been treating me real good, no stomach or bathroom issues

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Love snickerdoodle! But I always put it with milk, sometimes add strawberries and blend it up, so good!

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
OP, if you are unhappy with your Snickerdoodle tub, I'll buy it from you. Feel free to PM me a price.

berazzled

berazzled

Awards
  • Established
Op.sumpn wrong with your tastebuds dude!snickerdoodle is the bomb!

aasdferic

Awards
I personally hate drinking protein shakes. but snickerdoodle with about 12 oz water reminds me of horchata. snickerdoodle in overnight oats with some banana is the bomb

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I personally hate drinking protein shakes. but snickerdoodle with about 12 oz water reminds me of horchata. snickerdoodle in overnight oats with some banana is the bomb
Agreed. Overnight oats are the way to go with oats.

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
Man I been having difficulty breathing the past couple days with slight heart flutters

I'm thinking if the whey protein and my dairy intolerance . I can't drink regular drink at all, if I drink lactaid milk I get this mucus bogged down feeling .

I havent bought a protein in couple years , last time I did it made me feel weird but I thought it was maybe the creatine that was in it .

This besides Erase Pro is the only thing I introduced to my body, I believe its the whey /casein tho.

Is this possible ?

Shortness of breath, hard to breath feeling
Heart flutters / palpitations over

A dairy intolerance ?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A dairy intolerance would not lead to anything with your heart. At lease I have never seen anything that suggests so.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Man I been having difficulty breathing the past couple days with slight heart flutters

I'm thinking if the whey protein and my dairy intolerance . I can't drink regular drink at all, if I drink lactaid milk I get this mucus bogged down feeling .

I havent bought a protein in couple years , last time I did it made me feel weird but I thought it was maybe the creatine that was in it .

This besides Erase Pro is the only thing I introduced to my body, I believe its the whey /casein tho.

Is this possible ?

Shortness of breath, hard to breath feeling
Heart flutters / palpitations over

A dairy intolerance ?
How has your water intake been? Dehydration can cause heart palpitations

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
How has your water intake been? Dehydration can cause heart palpitations
Not as good as it should maybe its that as well. Just weird all of a sudden

I been taking creatine with the protein as well.

I have noticed I haven't been drinking as much as usual.

Good point I'll keep y'all posted

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I got a tub as well and tried all kinds of mix ins to make it taste better but it was horrible :( I like PES as a company but Select was not for me, didn't like any of the flavors, it's too bad cuz I like the profile...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I got a tub as well and tried all kinds of mix ins to make it taste better but it was horrible :( I like PES as a company but Select was not for me, didn't like any of the flavors, it's too bad cuz I like the profile...
You ca send them my way :D

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of course taste tends to vary from person to person.

I have never found a single product that everyone agreed on the taste on so someone not liking Select isn't a surprise.

That being said, the overwhelming amount of reviews are very positive. We personally tested a lot of competitor proteins prior to releasing any of ours so we are confident that they are market leading. :)