Supplements while on Adderall?

jeffreyv90

jeffreyv90

Awards
I was wondering if anyone here has been or is currently prescribed Adderall XR for ADHD. I'm currently taking it and have quit using a pre-workout unless 1- I'm working out before I take my Adderall in the morning or 2- Its the weekend and I'm not taking the medicine at all.

Does anyone else have any experience with working out or taking supplements while on Adderall? In case you didnt know Adderall contains amphetamine and dextroamphetamine and they are central nervous system stimulants.

Because of the stimulants, I've been erring on the side of caution and not taking pre workout or trying any other supplements.

Any advice, experience, or input would be greatly appreciated.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
How long you been on Adderall? I have use the regular Adderall for 2-3 years and in the beginning I was careful with other stims but now I just use Adderall and stims like I want, sometimes I dose them together.

CMayhugh

Awards
I think this is a very dose-dependent question. Take stims if you want on 10mgs, but on 30mg you should shy away.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It depends on how addy affects you. I took supplements just fine when I was on addy. I didn't take stims except coffee.

Ergonine and High Volume would be a solid Stim free preworkout combo.

X-Gels, Epi, ABE/Erase, F95, etc. should all be fine on addy.

jeffreyv90

jeffreyv90

Awards
I've been on adderall this time around for just a couple months. I've been doing 20mg xr in the morning. I'm pretty active at work all day so I didnt think adding another stim would be a good idea.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I've been on adderall this time around for just a couple months. I've been doing 20mg xr in the morning. I'm pretty active at work all day so I didnt think adding another stim would be a good idea.
Try small doses at first and see how you react. I usually do a full scoop of pre workout and 10mg a Adderall or a half scoop with 20mg but I also have done 30mg Adderall with 200mg caffeine together and been feeling like nothing can stop me, lol :p But that's not an everyday thing

jeffreyv90

jeffreyv90

Awards
It seems like a half a scoop of pre workout wasn't to bad, and I didn't die... So that's good. I felt like i could of had more. I'll just have to keep trying different doses and see what works. Thanks for the feedback guys.

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I was wondering if anyone here has been or is currently prescribed Adderall XR for ADHD. I'm currently taking it and have quit using a pre-workout unless 1- I'm working out before I take my Adderall in the morning or 2- Its the weekend and I'm not taking the medicine at all.

Does anyone else have any experience with working out or taking supplements while on Adderall? In case you didnt know Adderall contains amphetamine and dextroamphetamine and they are central nervous system stimulants.

Because of the stimulants, I've been erring on the side of caution and not taking pre workout or trying any other supplements.

Any advice, experience, or input would be greatly appreciated.
I used to be on addy but I got off as it had greater negative side effects than rewards.

I have ADD and ADHD as a reference as to why I was on them.

My take away:
Some form of nootropic would be better than stacking stimulants. The problems with stacking stimulants with addy is they often don't help. You're already on legal meth and adding caffeine or yohimbine, ect to that may make you be in a constant confused state. Example: loss of focus or mental fog. At least that's what it did to me. I went from hyper focused to spacey as hell by adding caffeine.

I suggest huperzine A. The company I rep for doesn't sell it, however it is a great ingredient. It's an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor and NMDA receptor antagonist. I suggest doing some research on it. Without being technical I will say these mechanisms will have great benefits to someone with adhd and someone on addy. You would follow the same dosage as the addy with hup a. 5 days on, 2 off.

A product that we do sell that can help is Chaos and Pain cannibal genius.

Here's the label for genius:
genius.png

Alpha gpc, ginko biloba, theanine, ALCAR , noopept, and Naringin all have studies on ADHD and/or cognitive function improvements. This is the most important aspect of supplementation when it comes to dealing with ADHD.

I honestly hoped this helped. As an individual with ADHD myself, I can honestly say these 2 have helped me and have been a great addition to my preworkout stack. Increased drive, focus and over all more pleasure in the workout it's self. As I have stated I have ADD as well so let that also be a factor.

I will also say cannibal davinci is also worth a try. Although for your specific needs, genius will be more effective.

I hope they help you too. If you need a discount code on genius or anything chaos and pain related you can go ahead email me and I'll make a discount code or just go ahead and send me a PM here .

Email:[email protected]

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
yes you should be careful if you do a high intensity workout........if you 10mg adderall XR...you should wait at least 11hrs to take preworkout to be safe...and dont be taking over 200mg of caffiene.....I say this b/c half life of addy XR is about 9hrs in a 75kg person. If you are taking 20mg addy XR....forget the pre if you are doing high intensity workout. And im assuming you would wait about 11hrs after you have taken the meds to go workout.
I do 20mg addy+100-200mg caffeine about an hour before very high intensity training, never had a problem.

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I was just speaking in terms of "just to be safe." Everyone is different, thus everyone metabolizes and reacts to drugs (inc. caffiene) differently. just b/c youve never had a prob doesnt assure everyone else's safety. I would also like to add that some problems arise quickly, and some after a very long time (eg: high bp is a silient killer b/c by the time you find out about it, its too late....you remain asymptomatic and thats why you never bother to change your lifestyle). In this case, a sensitive individual may even experience heart failure during intense exercise since all your drugs would cause vasoconstriciton: therefore less blood to your heart = Myocardial infarction. in the end, you choose...do the risks outweigh the benefits?
Lol, you're funny. If you buy "street Adderall" I could see your argument, but if you, like me, getting your Adderall from a Dr and do regular blood test you have very little to worry about. Of course this is for the experienced users and not for the weak. Like any stim, start low and work yourself up and use your head.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Oh man, when I started college I got a script of adderall and I had also just started workout out. I took 1 xr addy at around 8am and after class at like 11 I was in the gym and it happen to be one of my first times trying pre workout and I really thought I was going to have a heart attack. Looking back it was a really really stupid idea to take the pre workout with adderall. I ended up just not taking pre workout on any day that I took adderall. If I were you I would look into maybe a stim free pre workout but be careful...

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
I presented to you what might be a rare but possible adverse effect of adderall which can be potentiated with intense exercise. I fail to see why im "funny." go as a doc and he will say the same thing....rare, but never the less possible. ive been stuyding medicine for 2 years to know the exact moa of adderall and its effects on the body. I'll repeat myself by saying, better safe than sorry b/c in the end its your choice. however if your physician denies what i am saying, please leave me the number of his clinic so i may speak to him to enhance my own knowledge....that way i wont give out anymore false infomation to other indivuals regarding this matter. as far as "Street adderall" (methamphetamine and or speed usually), yea prob worse b/c youre honestly obvilvious to what youre getting in terms of ingredients and dose.
On here you can say you "studied medicine for 2 years" or that you're an astronaut, it doesn't matter. Have you used Adderall btw? I have used Adderall now for about 2,5 years, it didn't take me too long until I started to experiment with Adderall and stims. I repeat what I said before, use Adderall and stims with caution, start low and work yourself up.

I have used 30mg Adderall+200mg caffeine and went straight to a HIT season. It's not for everybody, but for me it worked fine. I normally do 20mg+100mg and a few others I know do the same.

Don't do like me, but if you do, you can be sure that more people have done it before.

jeffreyv90

jeffreyv90

Awards
Thanks for all the responses. I'm not sure how to reply specifically to a user's post with the mobile app or I would. But everything you guys have said has helped.
Thanks pyrobatt for the suggestions. For the time being, if I workout in the AM I take a preworkout and lift at about 530, then take my Addy at about 845. No sups anytime after I've taken my addy for the day. It hasn't caused any problems yet when I have combined them, but I don't want to chance it and collapse in the gym one day. I'll keep those products you mentioned in mind and do more research on them.
I will say that cutting has never been easier than on adderall haha. The lack of appetite helps with not eating anything extra that I don't need and the focus helps me stay on track. Its great!
Matthandyo mentioned a stim free pre workout. I guess I am out of the loop when it comes to stim free stuff. Does anyone know of any stim free pre workouts that work well for you? I already have extreme focus from Addy so I wouldn't he looking for something that helps with that, but rather that feeling in a preworkout that makes you want to lift a truck give you a great pump.
I guess maybe I love the feeling of beta alanine and the fullness I feel with creatine.
Would those ingredients still be okay?

Volcanus

Volcanus

Awards
I will say that cutting has never been easier than on adderall haha. The lack of appetite helps with not eating anything extra that I don't need and the focus helps me stay on track. Its great!
How well has this been working for you now that you've been on it for a while? I found that after about 6-12 months, my appetite came back.

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
i would just try to stay away from stimulants while on adderall. Other than that you should be fine.