Modern protein vs select protein

clayboy_123

Awards
Any feedback from those that have used both products ?

Matthew1237

Matthew1237

Awards
I can only review Select but I will say it is a very thick and flavorful protein. Its the only protein I've ever had that actually tastes better in water than in milk or something like that. Makes great shakes too.

ddfox

ddfox

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMO both are good quality proteins. Currently Modern only comes in Vanilla & Chocolate. The Vanilla was extremely good. But I prefer the Select Milk Chocolate.

Select also has some great flavors in Snickerdoodle, Cookies & Cream, & Peanut butter Cup.

I think Strawberry is next for Modern.

paula

paula

Awards
I tried their oxy protein before amd i compare it to select protein both chocom 2 of them are good to me and their profile are solid. Cant wait to try modern protein

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can only compare chocolate, for obvious reasons. Select is more of a true milk chocolate and Modern is more of a fudge/brownie batter chocolate. Select is a lot thicker, so if you enjoy thicker shakes, go with Select. Both are very macro friendly and have great profiles. Honestly, if consistency is not an issue, I would suggest sampling each one.

If you're looking for more "exotic" flavors, go with Select since Modern only has your two basic flavors so far. Select CPBC is amazing, one of the better flavored PB protein powders out there. The PB really shines. Still kicking myself in the butt for only getting 3 during the insider.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Select is very gritty and sweet.. The Snickerdoodle is at least. I don't like it a whole lot to drink but making pancakes with it is good.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Peanut butter cup select is what I prefer!

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I've tried cookies and cream and chocolate select. I've also tried both chocolate and vanilla modern protein. I like modern protein much more. A little thinner and mixes much better. Flavoring is better too IMO

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Both Great Products

Select: Thicker due to the Blend & Comes in a variety of unique flavors
Modern: Basic Vanilla/Chocolate (hints of a blueberry or fruity flavor in the future), bit higher in kcals, mix's a bit thinner (most a WPI Blend)

Select Chocolate = Hershey Bar
Modern Chocolate = Fudge/Brownie Batter taste

Cannot go wrong with either. Both good.

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Just mixed some chocolate modern protein with Oxyelite banana flavor protein!. Yum!
I have both of these in my cabinet.. Im about to lift.. This is gonna be an epic post workout experience! I like the way you think!

I grabbed both flavors of Modern Protein on the insider, and Ive had every select flavor except Blondie (I know Im behind a bit!) and I prefer the thickness of Select, but Modern Protein has quickly become a favorite for me. MTS is still my favorite though. MTS, Select, and now Modern are my top 3 choices. Can't go wrong with any flavor for any of them!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Modern Chocolate + Select Choc PB Cup = Good combo.

chris223

Awards
  • Established
I have a slight preference for Modern Protein due to the lighter consistency. My purchasing will ultimately come down to whichever I can get for the best cost per serving at the time.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Can't go wrong with either. More flavor choices with Select though.

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I still have yet to try snickerdoodle select. I'm just ready for strawberry modern protein. Strawberry OEP was incredible.

Also, grabbed Animal Way on a flash sale. It tastes pretty damn good

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
UPDATE. Combo of Modern Chocolate and Oxy Elite Banana. On point!

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Never had oxy, but I do have a sealed banana on hand. I might have to crack it open.
You're behind. I grabbed 2 tubs on nutras blowout of it and. Regret not buying them all

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're behind. I grabbed 2 tubs on nutras blowout of it and. Regret not buying them all
I grabbed one then. I just haven't opened it. I don't like having multiple tubs opened at once. I won't go more than two at a time.

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
only reason i got select over modern was because VS had a sale for select.

next month I'm giving modern a shot